Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kentucky Turbo is doing TT my build

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two intank with bigger lines, rails can do 1000rwhp. 80s might do it rc has site with formula .If you stick to 80% duty cycle it might be tight or you might have to really go up on fuel pressure.

I could run 80s more easily in mine since could use combo of nitrous and boost and my nitrous is wet so don't use up injector.

I have a set of low impedence 120s that can use but may just run 80 high. I don't plan on going past 1000rwhp on my build.

Really you should be looking at some 96 or 120s for sure . Even 160s if you are going to run e85. And a bit single like magnafuel setup external with custom tank.Do it once ,do it right!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks like 80 aren't much good past about 1000 engine unless you really start cranking up base pressure. 120s look like for sure going to be needed and possibly 160s if you want to run lower pressure or for sure e85.

I have some nearly band new 120s can work you a deal on. PM if interested. RC website has the formulas. You can't go much past 80% duty cycle to be safe .And really not that great an idea to dial up fuel pressure too far past 58 stock psi.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I can do about 1000rwhp with what I have? That is fine with me.so with what I have and just change the fuel pumps will it make more power just by changing to bigger pump?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Veteran

You need like 120s to do 1000rwhp. I don't think you want to push 80s that hard and to that high base fuel pressure. Pumps don't give you more horse.If you don't support you power level you go lean and blow the motor possibly.

As said you can get 1000rwhp with twin intank, 8 an feed, 6 return, bigger rails and adjustable boost referenced reg. Much past that time to look at something like a big single pump setup. Nasty has all these on their site.

Or you can simply run less power for awhile. Trust me even 600rwhp is a handful. I can only imagine what 1000rwhp is like. And as everyone will tell you not that useful unless you figure out how to hook it up. For sure look into a boost ramping type of controller.
And possibly an add on variable traction control or maybe you are going standalone anyway to tune this monster you are building. Remember that old saying..be careful what you wish for!
Old 08-29-2009, 02:14 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I told him to get a big Weldon Pump sump tank 160lb injectors and injector driver to run them. But he won't listen to anything I say. All I know is that there is less stuff that could go wrong instead of running 2 intank pumps 1 inline pump and a boost a pump. That is 4 things that could go wrong and if anyone of them took a crap it could cause the motor to blow. Run 1 big pump and be done with it.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

i will see about doing a big pump.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I told him to get a big Weldon Pump sump tank 160lb injectors and injector driver to run them. But he won't listen to anything I say. All I know is that there is less stuff that could go wrong instead of running 2 intank pumps 1 inline pump and a boost a pump. That is 4 things that could go wrong and if anyone of them took a crap it could cause the motor to blow. Run 1 big pump and be done with it.
+1. Jeremy, listen to Dan, he's right on this one (rare).
Old 08-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Hey Jeremy have you ever actually driven an 800+rwhp car?

Back when I lived in Houston I was big on the roll racing scene, but honestly from the questions you're asking I think you need to take a step back and think about what you're doing. Either you're just dreaming and wasting everyone's time here, or you've got more money than sense.

I've never shaken my head while reading through a thread as much as this one... You dont know anything about what you're about to get into, and from the sound of it you have no business owning anything with that much KILLING capability.

I live here in the DFW area, and I work closely with most of the fire/EMS departments here in the north Texas area so Im sure I'll get to see the accident scene photos if this death machine ever pans out...

Have you even thought about the fact that you're going to need a cage just to keep the car together, or the fact that you're talking well upwards of $50,000 for the build you're planning? OR that in the state of Texas if you kill someone while driving more than 25mph over the posted speed limit or if they can prove you were street racing, that they can actually charge you with Negligent Homicide? NOT Manslaughter, Homicide... Murder.

Im all for power in the right hands, but posting that you will be roll racing in your signature just proves that you're a ******* idiot.

See ya on the nightly news...
Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adam Connell

Back when I lived in Houston I was big on the roll racing scene, but honestly from the questions you're asking I think you need to take a step back and think about what you're doing. Either you're just dreaming and wasting everyone's time here, or you've got more money than sense.

I've never shaken my head while reading through a thread as much as this one... You dont know anything about what you're about to get into, and from the sound of it you have no business owning anything with that much KILLING capability.

I live here in the DFW area, and I work closely with most of the fire/EMS departments here in the north Texas area so Im sure I'll get to see the accident scene photos if this death machine ever pans out...

Have you even thought about the fact that you're going to need a cage just to keep the car together, or the fact that you're talking well upwards of $50,000 for the build you're planning? OR that in the state of Texas if you kill someone while driving more than 25mph over the posted speed limit or if they can prove you were street racing, that they can actually charge you with Negligent Homicide? NOT Manslaughter, Homicide... Murder.

Im all for power in the right hands, but posting that you will be roll racing in your signature just proves that you're a ******* idiot.

No I haven't driven a 800rwhp. Yes I have all the money I can handle. So no I am not wasting anybodys time.All of the **** is already paid in CASH.who the **** u calling a idiot?u don't know me bitch.u might need to rethink things.I am building a dyno queen for ***** and giggles.I wouldnt drive the car on the streets making more then 800-900rwhp anyways.anything else?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Some good points in this post. I am old guy 51 years old and have had lots of fast cars thru the years. Never been in accident at speed that was my fault and never been in a really bad one period. I have always had fast cars although my current 99TT is the fasted of them all so far.
It does demand a lot of respect. Even running at low boost 7.5psi currently car should be putting out 600 to 650 rwhp from similar builds on here and thats like 700 to 750 engine hp. Thats more power than a new top of line vette and more power than almost every production car short of a few super high end exotics and some other highly modified cars. I admit the car can scare me ,makes passengers white with fear and is especially dangerous on
wet or cold roads if you don't really ***** it.

I wish our f bodies had a good traction control system heck wish my car had traction control even the crappy f body traction control. Vette guys have a much superior setup. I am even thinking to add variable traction control from racelogic to my car. Also to hook up anything much over 600 rwhp you really need to run race type tires like et street radials 24/7. And they are crap in rain and have short tread life,noisy,not so great riding or handling except in straight lines ,etc. I have chosen to run Firestone wide oval street tires ,can't afford michelin ps2 for daily driving so can pretty much forget hooking up 1st and 2nd and part of third even at current low boost setting and not using any spray either yet.
Go up to say 1000rwhp and forget traction on street tires in pretty much 1st,2nd,3rd and likely could still lose it in 4th depending on setup,rear gearing,the way the turbos hit,etc.

Its like the spiderman show. With great power comes great responsibility.And the other line BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!
I have nicknamed my car DEATH WISH and hoping its not prophetic.
It could easily be if don't pay enought attention or don't take it very very seriously.

Not sure how old you are or what you have owned previously. If you are young guy like up to mid 20s hope you are mature enough not to kill yourself or someone else.
I would recommend you get used to the cat at lower boost levels. Possibly by same traction control I am looking to get or if you go standalone you might get a pretty good one built in or if you have stock traction control use it in bad weather maybe all the time again till you get used to the car. Consider an ramping type of electronic boost controller.

I don't street race my car. I will take it to the track a few times and then retire it from track. I mostly like the power for bragging rights, it should do good at car shows and I do like to occasionaly let my car stretch its legs but in industrial part of town on sundays or out on deserted highways.
I know even that is a bit risky but whatever old hotrodders are stubborn and bit of rebels to start with.

When young in my city you could race from light to light and get a little slap on wrist. For years guys took it just outside of town to place they called the north quarter and ran each other with no police and as far as I know no bad accidents.

Know speeding is big fines, street racing carries big penalties and its just heavy duty now if you get stupid.

Anyway not trying to preach but you may want to rethink your goals a bit and if you do spend and build this monster and trust me a big cube LSX built with this type of hardware is a serious monster then take the time to really learn the car, dont' drive it drunk or impaired and don't listen when your buddies egg you on.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am 30yrs old. My old set up that was a 414ci 560rwhp n/a is what I am used to on the street. The rear tires are a 345 bfg dr on some 18x12 fikse rims
Old 08-31-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

On the signature note it is a inside joke and that has been on there for atleast 5yrs now.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are right in some areas.But the more I read this the more I need to say go **** yourself.You don't know me.You could of pointed out things without thinking I am a dumb ***.might just see u on the morning news
Old 08-31-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you have been in the street racing scene for SOOOOO long and then you post something like this, your the idiot.

Jeremy never said he races in busy highways or neighborhoods. I know this guy and he is trying to suck in as much info as he can, wouldn't you if you were building a 1K+rwhp beast?

You think the astronauts built the space shuttle, no, think again..

Carry on.. ah and btw Jeremy, give the pavement a beating!

Last edited by Vcious04; 08-31-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jeremym
I am 30yrs old. My old set up that was a 414ci 560rwhp n/a is what I am used to on the street. The rear tires are a 345 bfg dr on some 18x12 fikse rims
Well thirty is old enough to know better and young enough to do it again! LOL
And you had pretty good power already so yeah you know what you are getting into it sounds like.

We all have our reasons for wanting big power. I am a old hottrodder and speed freak and always wanted a car to be traction limited not power limited. And turbo builds are nice you can dial them up or down on power well you can't go under minimum gate but you can as said ramp in boost by rpm or time or gear. And you don't have to go full throttle either all the time the right foot can still control things its just the wot with turbos that can really lead to some surprising results sometimes depending on how cold the roads are ,etc.
With turbos you almost have to think a bit into the future. NA is much more predictable. Local guy has 590rwhp big cube cartech vette.Its rank but also much more predictable than my car. Much better traction control systems also.

And there will always be the guys arguing against having more power than 200hp. We have them here of course as well. Ready to throw people in jail for 5 mph over the speed limit.

But the sad fact is that very few people are killed because of speeding or street racing many many more are killed from cellphone use or texting ,old people that shoud.l have regular tests past 70 years old or so and by alcohol ,drug use or just plain drivers error. Yet at least where I live not much is done about most of this other stuff.

So build your monster and lets see some videos!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vcious04
If you have been in the street racing scene for SOOOOO long and then you post something like this, your are the idiot.

Jeremy never said he races in busy highways or neighbor hoods. I know this guy and he is trying to suck in as much info as he can, wouldn't you if you were building a 1K+rwhp beast?

You think the astronauts built the space shuttle, no, think again..

Carry on.. ah and btw Jeremy, give the pavement a beating!
FYI there is enough pavement for 2 jeremys ripping the pavement off the streets.bye bye mellow,dan,mikey,and bbc.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeremym
FYI there is enough pavement for 2 jeremys ripping the pavement off the streets.bye bye mellow,dan,mikey,and bbc.
Lol! This is true. Hopefully have mine @ rpm sat. But for me I think it will be bye bye dan, mikey. lol! Mellow's pretty freekin quick and BBC already lite me up when I had my coupe so I know his crap runs hard!

<---Jeremy
Old 08-31-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Well thirty is old enough to know better and young enough to do it again! LOL
And you had pretty good power already so yeah you know what you are getting into it sounds like.

We all have our reasons for wanting big power. I am a old hottrodder and speed freak and always wanted a car to be traction limited not power limited. And turbo builds are nice you can dial them up or down on power well you can't go under minimum gate but you can as said ramp in boost by rpm or time or gear. And you don't have to go full throttle either all the time the right foot can still control things its just the wot with turbos that can really lead to some surprising results sometimes depending on how cold the roads are ,etc.
With turbos you almost have to think a bit into the future. NA is much more predictable. Local guy has 590rwhp big cube cartech vette.Its rank but also much more predictable than my car. Much better traction control systems also.

And there will always be the guys arguing against having more power than 200hp. We have them here of course as well. Ready to throw people in jail for 5 mph over the speed limit.

But the sad fact is that very few people are killed because of speeding or street racing many many more are killed from cellphone use or texting ,old people that shoud.l have regular tests past 70 years old or so and by alcohol ,drug use or just plain drivers error. Yet at least where I live not much is done about most of this other stuff.

So build your monster and lets see some videos!
I am building this for fun.make a dyno number and that's it. Drive around with 8-900rwhp.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, this thread got a little ugly all the sudden. Here are my thoughts. That car will be useless on the street unless you can turn it down to about 700-800 rwhp. This is a totally different ball game than 550 rwhp on the street. 550 on the street is no joke but with a properly setup suspension and a good set of drag radials, is very manageable. Once you start putting down closer to 800 rwhp, you start getting into situations like blowing the drag radials off half way thru a higher gear. Fortunately, because this is a turbo and it sounds like you aren't sparing any expense, you will likely have a good boost controller and can take it up gradually and get a feel for things. Despite what you may think and what others will say, this setup would be way more fun and driveable with an automatic.

I think that alot of the hostility that people feel stems from jealousy that they don't have the money to do something like this coupled with the frustration of knowing that your intended use will never meet the potential of this setup. This combo should be on the strip in a 3300# car with a glide and a 28"-30" tire behind it running deep in the 8's or high 7's.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Wow, this thread got a little ugly all the sudden. Here are my thoughts. That car will be useless on the street unless you can turn it down to about 700-800 rwhp. This is a totally different ball game than 550 rwhp on the street. 550 on the street is no joke but with a properly setup suspension and a good set of drag radials, is very manageable. Once you start putting down closer to 800 rwhp, you start getting into situations like blowing the drag radials off half way thru a higher gear. Fortunately, because this is a turbo and it sounds like you aren't sparing any expense, you will likely have a good boost controller and can take it up gradually and get a feel for things. Despite what you may think and what others will say, this setup would be way more fun and driveable with an automatic.

I think that alot of the hostility that people feel stems from jealousy that they don't have the money to do something like this coupled with the frustration of knowing that your intended use will never meet the potential of this setup. This combo should be on the strip in a 3300# car with a glide and a 28"-30" tire behind it running deep in the 8's or high 7's.
I agree.what ?'S am I asking to get a dick remark?I have full frt and rear susp.I am using the eboost2.I am having mcleod rebuild the clutch to hold the power.I am just asking about a fuel set up.that is the only thing left.

Quick Reply: Kentucky Turbo is doing TT my build