Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GT 35 BB bolt on turbo for the APS F body TT system

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Josh, Are guys really serious when they won't return the turbochargers, I think not. If you produced hundreds of turbo kits and then some guys said they had turbo problems would you send out new turbos without ever seeing the problem turbos?

Peter
Peter I can argue back and forth all night but I dont really feel like doing that. If I go to market with a product and it fails repeatedly, you can bet your *** I will bend over backwards to rectify that problem and make it right.

Never once have I said that I expect you to jump up and send out new turbos's. A good business man would make the faulty ones right before trying to push an upgrade to market.

It's a business practice we will apparently never see eye to eye on.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
Peter I can argue back and forth all night but I dont really feel like doing that. If I go to market with a product and it fails repeatedly, you can bet your *** I will bend over backwards to rectify that problem and make it right.Never once have I said that I expect you to jump up and send out new turbos's. A good business man would make the faulty ones right before trying to push an upgrade to market.
Josh, Your post makes no sense to me, I can't do anything unless I see the part to determine if it's a faulty part............I can't force customers to return a product if they don't want to.

It's a business practice we will apparently never see eye to eye on.
You're dead right we can just agree to disagree. It's now obvious to me that you have never mass produced turbo systems and shipped them all around the country and I don't mean that in any derogatory way. If you had, you would definitely need/want to see any claimed faulty part before replacing the part, that's just a standard business practice all over the planet.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned

Josh, Your post makes no sense to me, I can't do anything unless I see the part to determine if it's a faulty part............I can't force customers to return a product if they don't want to.

You're dead right we can just agree to disagree. It's now obvious to me that you have never mass produced turbo systems and shipped them all around the country and I don't mean that in any derogatory way. If you had, you would definitely need/want to see any claimed faulty part before replacing the part, that's just a standard business practice all over the planet.

Cheers,

Peter
There have been several open posted offers to send faulty units back to APS. Telling a customer that it is thier responsibilty to cover the shipping charges is were we differ.

I will leave this thread at that. I hope the direction you take with APS works out.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:11 AM
FormerVendor

There have been several open posted offers to send faulty units back to APS. Telling a customer that it is thier responsibilty to cover the shipping charges is were we differ.
No problem, then we differ on that and we have always had that warranty policy, simple as that. If a customer chooses not to return the product that his choice and I respect that.

I will leave this thread at that. I hope the direction you take with APS works out.
Thanks,

Peter
Old 08-25-2009, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What, off a cliff lol. I don't think that'll work. Hope ya do some kind of credit on the dead ones. From my point of view I don't see any business coming aps' way otherwise if that's the best they can do with helping out the "after the sale" customer.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
What, off a cliff lol. I don't think that'll work. Hope ya do some kind of credit on the dead ones. From my point of view I don't see any business coming aps' way otherwise if that's the best they can do with helping out the "after the sale" customer.
I simply offering a turbo upgrade to the APS guys who want them. If guys were serious about a potential turbo warranty claim they would return the product for warranty inspection imho.Once the product is out of the three month warranty period than I can do nothing to help them as our turbo supplier won't warrant turbos used in the aftermarket outside of the 3 month period which is normal warranty in the turbo industry.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 08-25-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fair enough. if the guys aren't doing their job and taking the appropriate avenues to get the problem resolved then there is nothing you can do. On the flip side you should have been a little more on top of things and checked in on the forum. There was a period of time that you had no activity on the board for a spell. I'm sure you know this but if there is a problem with a product (no matter who's it is) you'll definitely hear about it on the board FAST! This is the quickest form of customer review you could ever get. I'll leave it at that and I'll stop pestering you lol. Just don't want to see anyone get taken advantage off that's all. Good luck to you sir. Chris.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

$186.63 to FedEx one turbo to Australia, $29.65 to FedEx two from VA to LG in TX. Paying $746.52 to possibly be told, "nope, not under warranty" is too much to ask.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's now obvious to me that you have never mass produced turbo systems and shipped them all around the country
Peter
that because he puts in the effort to make a strong kit that will last and produce insane numbers.

this one came out of left field. im sorry peter but u had an amzing thing going and you cannot blame anyonelse for what happened. i would try and work out problems with the customers and when things are right then come back with some upgrades.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Dont let the Kangaroo do it to you again!

If even one of you guys gives APS another dime after all the bullshit lies about there supposed bullit proof MIT 20 turbos which we all know now was a straight up lie! and the non existing customer service,I swear!!!if i ever see you being rapped by that (hung) 15 FT tall kangaroo?Im gonna laugh at you the whole time till its done pounding your *** LOL because you should have remembered what it felt like the first time around it was stuck to you! Can i get a Amen my APS brothers?
Ide rather pay alittle more or ewven ALOT more and get the LG turbo's (KNOWING) Louis from LG Motorsports is going to be there for me or us if ever we have any problems with our new turbos! You turbo BB wanting guys are forgetting ,,,,,APS is STILL out of the country and you still have no recourse if your not happy with there new BB turbos. Bottom line here guys ! Whats that saying about screw me once? ,Shame on me; Screw me twice ? Thats right!Shame on you; Keep your money here in the USA. **** that outback company!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
i would try and work out problems with the customers and when things are right then come back with some upgrades.
I can't force any customer to return a product if they don't want to, it's as simple as that,

Thanks for your input,

Peter
Old 08-25-2009, 12:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by barnat
You turbo BB wanting guys are forgetting ,,,,,APS is STILL out of the country and you still have no recourse if your not happy with there new BB turbos.
They are not new turbos...........we have used these turbos for many years and are the standard turbos in the C6 ZO6 twin turbo system.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can't force any customer to return a product if they don't want to, it's as simple as that,

Thanks for your input,

Peter
yeah but you cant meet them halfway on the shipping or something. ur turbos blew their **** up so you should take the hit for some of that
Old 08-25-2009, 12:44 AM
FormerVendor

yeah but you cant meet them halfway on the shipping or something. ur turbos blew their **** up so you should take the hit for some of that
I simply offering a turbo upgrade to the APS guys who want them. If guys were serious about a potential turbo warranty claim they would return the product for warranty inspection imho.Once the product is out of the three month warranty period than I can do nothing to help them as our turbo supplier won't warrant turbos used in the aftermarket outside of the 3 month period which is normal warranty in the turbo industry.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 AM
FormerVendor

In addition, we make no allowances for any warranty freight in our product sales price, hence the price of our systems are very attractive.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 08-25-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are not new turbos...........we have used these turbos for many years and are the standard turbos in the C6 ZO6 twin turbo system.
EXACTY PETER !!!What kind of bullshit turbos did ((((ALL))) of us F body guys get then? There sure in the hell not the promised MIT 20 turbos!This is a fact !Even Louis tryed finding out who in the hell made these center cartriges that got pond off on us with half of em with unopened coolant passages or internally cracked turbo centers that were leaking coolant into the turbo oil !They were GARBAGE turbos !Bottom line !Ive dumped another $2800 into my APS kit here this month for new turbos not counting the $1000 or more its costing me to put a scavanging kit on ,just so i can finally drive my car without smoke POURING out the back and im not alone here Peter, as a company,,,APS should have recalled these turbos when they all started failing to keep its good name with its customers ,,not discontinue its F body kits!Thats how you get a rep like INCON did!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:01 AM
FormerVendor

sorry, double post.

Last edited by peter@aps; 08-25-2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: double post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:01 AM
FormerVendor

EXACTY
not counting the $1000 or more its costing me to put a scavanging kit on ,just so i can finally drive my car without smoke POURING out the back and
I have never used a scavenge pump on our F body and the F body does not need a scavenge pump if the return hoses are fitted correctly to the stock oil pan, above the oil level in the oil pan.

Peter
Old 08-25-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem, then we differ on that and we have always had that warranty policy, simple as that. If a customer chooses not to return the product that his choice and I respect that.

Thanks,

Peter
Heres my input on this too Peter !!!Who in the hell wants to go threw all the bullshit to pull there K member to only get the same worthless turbos that came with our kits? Are they true MIT 20 turbos this time? Can you prove this before we rip our cars apart and send you our bad turbos backas our cars are down for months? If so and these are true MIT turbos (THIS time around ) !!!!then obviusly you know we didnt get them the first time with our kits and should or shall i say IF you were a reputable company ,you would make right and clean up your name up with all of us F body purchasers of your kit by sending us the turbos that we originally paid for !and paid WELL!!! at that! This wasnt a cheap $2000 TT kit from Ebay Peter!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:09 AM
FormerVendor

If so and these are true MIT turbos (THIS time around )
You obviously have not read this thread.........please see my first post, post number 1, the GT 35 is produced by Garrett Japan.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/12121583-post1.html

Peter

Quick Reply: GT 35 BB bolt on turbo for the APS F body TT system