Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
View Poll Results: Power Poll (Sig Motor) 10psi, 93oct.
460-470
7.69%
470-480
0%
480-490
0%
490-500
15.38%
500-510
7.69%
510-520
7.69%
530-540
23.08%
540-550
7.69%
550-560
7.69%
560-OMG Blown Motor!
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Time for my Front mount!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and for my next act of complete and utter stupidity, has anyone been able to change the map with the intake on the car? seems hard to get to .. I might just buy one of the big ones and the wire adapter so I can move it and run a vac. line to it.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you CAN it's just a major bitch. your forearms will hate you from all the scratches
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reject
you CAN it's just a major bitch. your forearms will hate you from all the scratches
im kind of a little guy, so maybe it wont be too bad. Can anyone confirm this is the wrong one?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Slow SS
im kind of a little guy, so maybe it wont be too bad. Can anyone confirm this is the wrong one?
yeah thats the wrong one. the correct part number is in the stickies/ FAQ section. btw im 5'10" like 160 pounds, if that gives you an idea, i was able to get to the map sensor just fine without removing the manifold...
Old 09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

TWO BAR SENSOR FOR HPT/EFILIVE 2 bar

GM PN 12580698

New PN for the above sensor, seems GM updated the PN.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
TWO BAR SENSOR FOR HPT/EFILIVE 2 bar

GM PN 12580698

New PN for the above sensor, seems GM updated the PN.

Thanks I already looked it up, just didn't order it yet, just searched and couldn't find where someone said that for sure was the wrong one. But I am almost the exact same stats so with some luck i'll be able to get it out. Thanks man!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Banned

looks good
Old 09-25-2009, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Any updates or more pics? Would like to see what type of power it makes and also if there is any issues with clearance.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am glad you kicked this back up I was going to update it today anyway, I do have pics but I wont be able to get them posted until I get home tonight. Updates:

Car is RUNNING! Can you tell im excited I finished everything up, got a base tune and started the car last night, initially had NO problems , hard to believe i know, the only thing left to fix before I take it off the jack stands and start "street tuning" it is to fix the alt alignment issue I have.

you can see from the pics (to be posted later) that it is slightly to far forward causing the belt to jump off about 2 ribs on the PS pump, although the tension is good.

I allowed it to run up to operating temp to check for coolant leaks and oil leaks or signs of problems and so far none, I did switch to a Hayden 14" slim fan to help with clearance problems in a pusher fashion, the fan came on and cooled the car and shut back of and seemed to handle the temps okay, of course it wast 100° either but there is room to mount another one if needed.

Other than that things seemed to go very good, I have to adjust the idle in the tune a little as AFR was in the 16's and I also need to fix one exhaust leak on the v-band clamp for the forward facing header, so here comes the question:

Has anyone ran the red high temp silicone stuff around the clamp with success for fixing exhaust leaks?
Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you can run them on the vband but it really wont work that well if the flange is warped. need to put it on a straight edge and see if it's warped from welding.

and congrats on getting it started up and everything. i remember when i first got mine done, i was super excited. btw are you running CLSD or OLSD
Old 09-28-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reject
you can run them on the vband but it really wont work that well if the flange is warped. need to put it on a straight edge and see if it's warped from welding.

and congrats on getting it started up and everything. i remember when i first got mine done, i was super excited. btw are you running CLSD or OLSD
Currently it is still in Closed loop, although I cant be sure the AFR when it was in open loop coming up to temp as I was trying to get the wideband working and by the time I got the plug right it had already switched to Closed, I did not get a log of it, I will start that Wed. I hope.

I don't know how to explain it , the flanges meet up flat (I had a lot of work done to the kit) but they are slightly off of each other I thought the v-band would pull them over enough they would seal.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 AM
8 Second Club

Just went through the alternator alignment deal on nnracing's car with the speed inc relocation kit and alternator. Had to grind the back of the alternator and head/valve cover. It was cocking the alternator and causing it to jump 2 ribs. All good now.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by veee8
Just went through the alternator alignment deal on nnracing's car with the speed inc relocation kit and alternator. Had to grind the back of the alternator and head/valve cover. It was cocking the alternator and causing it to jump 2 ribs. All good now.
do you have pictures?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
8 Second Club

Sorry no the car was picked up this weekend and has arrived back in Michigan by now.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by veee8
Sorry no the car was picked up this weekend and has arrived back in Michigan by now.
alright, worth a shot, were you using the stock alt? and did you remove the plastic over off of the back of it, it looked like it would fit and there would be room .. I dont really want to go through clearance the head and all. You can PM with more info if you need to.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems like the last time i was at childs performance exhaust in montgomery alabama the guy there told me that you need to hit the surface of the flange on a vband clamp with some steel wool.... or something like that. I have them on my header collectors. I've noticed that I need to put another nut on there because after about 2 heat cycles the locknuts have backed off just enough to leak. Also, they tightened the living crap out of the nuts too with an air wrench.

Badass build dude. Cant wait for vids and coke can clearance pics!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And the pics as promised ..

Alternator Stuff .. still some small alignment issues.

Few more ..

Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Some turbo shots .. all things done.

And the misc .. stuff ..

Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, its hard for me to make a turbo build thread without some kind of serious failure or problem .. But I think this one takes the cake.

Now that i have teased you with that I will post pics of ground clearance tonight I took some with the car on the ground and the standard 12oz coke can for reference, it is a little lower than I thought I would be on the DP side but the pass side is good.

So I have seen a lot of people run into power steering line problems with front mount kits before and lots of people running custom SS lines, but I didn't think that would be needed here, well until I took the car for the first "long trip" Long story short even with the wrapped exhaust I didn't think about the v-band clamp, sure enough clamp melted through the power steering hose and proceeded to catch ON FIRE!

Dont know how much is burnt up in the wiring just yet, I took some pics i'll post the carnage later, I guess I feel lucky it didn't melt the fuel lines that were in flames when I got the hood up and my car didn't actually burn to the ground, None the less its going to be down for a little while now while I source parts and survey the damage.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am jealous. Congrats on your progress on your car so far.

Quick Reply: Time for my Front mount!