Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI Cog set up is here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea he is making 600rwhp at 11psi I believe, 348c.i. built motor, P-1SC with some ASP cog pulleys.......he has no belt slip what so ever.......

I don't see him on this board ever......

Frcefed, I got everything apart, I can't remember exactly what size all of it was, but when I do decide to go looking for my parts I will let you know asap......
Old 01-10-2004, 10:20 AM
8 Second Club

don't sweat it frcefed, we're all stuck in the same boat , so we might as well help each other. .... the things i could do if i had a CNC machine...

back to your question, this might sound stupid , but my allignment was so whacked off, that i finally spaced out the crank pulley with a ring gear spacer out of a old corvette 10 bolt, i then used two 3/8 washers per stand off. my issue was that the crank pulley was too far in ( closer to the block) than the blower, which means if i wanted to allign it i had to push the blower farther into the alternator.
but form seeing your pictures, it seems all you need is two washers per standoff, you still have some area exposed on the blower cog for the belt to ride on when you move stuff.

looking at your pics again, you can also machine down the spacer asp made for the blower cog to bring the cog closer to the case just enough to clear it.

Last edited by 1dirtyZ; 01-10-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dirty No doubt on a CNC machine or mill. I just hope that my set up isn't that far out of whack too. Who knows. Doesn't look like ASP put a whole lot of research into their 8 rib and cog set ups.
I told Lee that we could go thinner on the spacer, as well as some other options, but he never got back to me yesterday... I guess its my problem now. But with you guys it will all be figured out soon.

Thanks Bos, Don't worry about it, I am going to go buy a few different washers of assorted thickness to see what works best. Good little project for today

Heath, Thanks for that email addy Yeah I got banned for posting up a S/C kit that my brother was selling. I didn't know I broke a rule and now I get redirected when I try to log on That's o.k. I didn't really go there much anyway.
I will ask him if he has any pics I can check out.
Thanks All
Old 01-10-2004, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

600RWHP@11PSI! damn, I just reread that I'll be lucky to hit 530 uncorrected at this altitude. I'm hoping for more but who knows
J
Old 01-10-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

SUCCESS!.......well sort of
I went and bought some 3/16 spacers from Napa and put two per stand off(thanks for giving me the heads up dirty, bos and heath) Bolted it all up and damn if everything lined up nice and neat. In the pics below you can see the clearance.

alternator to s/c cog clearance. I think I can even run the ATI spacer under the cog spacer and still have room and have more belt contact area on the cog.

You can see without the ATI spacer under the cog spacer that the belt comes right up to the edge of the cog.

Now back to the problems
The belt is too long

Look at the tensioner its all the way down

Ahh Nice a sagging cog belt, I have about 2inches of travel up or down with the tensioner cranked to the max.

Oh yeah, I thought I would give a visual on the s/c headunit to bracket bolts and how long they should be with the new spacers ASP provides.

Does anyone know where I can get these cog belts?? I have a 10408MGT30
Thanks,
J

Last edited by frcefed98; 02-17-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

good stuff, crappy news about the belt!?

One of those bolts looks bent? (2nd from the right)
Old 01-10-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks man, naw its just an optical illusion They all went in with no binding or problems. I was under the car looking at everything and it sure looks awesome, I just hope it works well. From what I see I won't have to cut the tranny lines, looks like it will clear by a few millimeters I guess I will have to wait until monday to see what Lee says about the belt. For now I will leave it all mounted up.
Its beer thirty now, guess I will go have a coke.
J
Old 01-10-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

BIGBOS wheres the Sikora's shop located?
Old 01-10-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn J, I work a couple extra shifts to make some extra $$ for my Cog setup and i miss all of this.................... Keep us posted man. What all are the specs on the belt. Like in Millimeters? I believe napa carries Gates belts. Go check with them in there catalogue. Later.
Kyle
Old 01-10-2004, 04:29 PM
8 Second Club

yup , napa should have a good selection. try carquest too. i guess any size smaller would work. i'm guessing up to 2 inches shorter.
as for the tranny lines, cant you bend them into submission with a tube bender?
Old 01-10-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn I didn't think about napa or carquest Thanks guys. I'm almost there Kyle, hope to have results by this Friday.

Dirty-Tube bender is next on the get list while at NAPA. I can't believe I don't have one of those yet.
J
Old 01-10-2004, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey frcefed, I think your A/C pully is getting a little weathered there. Ahh it's winter time, who needs A/C anyways :p

Mike
Old 01-10-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

A/C? Who needs that in the desert? I have T-Tops Ahh the memories of the a/c the only time it was used was before all this supercharging madness began way back in 99. With my Powerdyne kit, the car would heat up real quick so I never used it. With the ATI kit and the dual FAL fans upfront the car would do O.K. but then I ditched the a/c, condensor and all and now the car never gets hot I pay for it tho
J
Old 01-10-2004, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hmmm, I'm going to have to talk to lee about that belt, I want the right sized belt.....

Good to see that you are making progress.........
Old 01-10-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dunno Bos, me and my bro were taking a closer look at things and comparing the tensioner pulley I have and the one ASP has pictured on their site. It looks like my tensioner is smaller. I'm wonder if this is the reason why i'm not getting this belt to tighten. I emailed lee with the above question, but I have to wait till monday. He did emailed me this morning but I haven't heard from him since. Check out the two tensioner pulleys in the pics below.

What do you think?
J

Last edited by frcefed98; 02-17-2004 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one in the pic does look bigger. I hope you can get it all straigtened out by the time your PCM gets back.
Kyle
Old 01-11-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Looks bigger to me too. Though I did think that bolt was bent LOL
Old 01-11-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Does indeed look bigger
Old 01-11-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Chris now you have me paranoid about that bolt, time to double check all of themlol
With the tensioner pulley being bigger I can see it taking up more slack in the belt. I wonder why they chose to go with a smaller one and not shorten up the cog belt. Damn I hate waiting for answers. I just want to drive my car again. This project is starting to wear on me. I shoulda just went with the original plan of low boost(9psi)with a decent hit of N2O with the new engine. Oh well we will see how this pans out.
J
Old 01-11-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

whould have went high compression and a good hit of n2o. LOL JK man. I cant wait to see the car run. Got to get some of these mustangs to step back a bit. As long as we dont beat each other up too much. Good job Jermey. How about some Solid-Technology stickers and some sponsored tuning?? Always trying to help with the nice steup cars.

Quick Reply: ATI Cog set up is here!