Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Worth it to stroke LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
reamo04,i heard quiks truck blew up cause he dont know what hes doin,he tuned my transam and it ran like ****,now i need a new tune.live and learn i guess.

bullshit lol his **** didnt blow up he tore it down to prove a point in the truck world!! he wanted people to see how not only how great his tunes are but how much rwhp he put down with a 4.8 and how everything looked, and to my surprise when he tore it down i was impressed how clean it looked

Originally Posted by reamo04
FWIW, his 4.8 ran for quite a while, he pulled it apart, still looked brand new inside. Its now going in a camaro

isnt this your car too btw? seems like a pretty good idle tune anyways https://ls1tech.com/forums/12252754-post24.html

arent you the same guy that took your car to him to tune...in the rain......with MT's on the back? j/w if i'm thinking of the same person here....
correct like i mentioned above why he tore it down

Originally Posted by hallass
Yeah, that's his car. I was there and quik tuned mine at the same time (and he has tuned it several times actually). It was raining and neither of our cars would even stay running when he got there and they both idled great and ran pretty damn good considering the conditions when he was done. The tunes that they got that day were pretty much to be a starting point to be tweaked later and he told us both not to spray until he had more time with them, preferably on a dyno. I listened and mine still runs great other than a stupid wiring issue. Tom didn't listen and sprayed the **** out of the car and now claims it runs like ****. Duh, it wasn't tuned for spray yet. The reason he has a stroker in it is because I put the heads/cam/etc on top of the stock bottom end and he didn't listen and ran the hell out of it with stock injectors(which I told him were too small before I touched the car, but hey I did what he asked) and melted a piston.
Quik has been tweaking my car for quite a while now and it still runs great. I haven't had anyone ride in my car that wasn't impressed with how it ran either. SSdoublek's car was done by quik and still runs strong too.
Tom's car running like **** isn't quik's fault, it's his own for not listening and he jumped so fast to bad mouth him that he burned that bridge so of course it doesn't run as good as it could, it wasn't done and last I knew still wasn't together because he burned a bridge with fergymoto who was putting it back together with a new clutch for him again. Tom called me and wanted me to go pick up the car and finish the car for him but I don't want anything to do with it anymore after seeing how he runs his mouth about people every chance he gets.

lmfao!!! and he wants to blame the tuner, wtf lol

Originally Posted by SSDoubleK
Hmmm, Quik's tuned my ride everytime I've done a upgrade, car doesn't smoke, runs strong as hell, and he explain's in detail everything he does while he tunes. Hell he always double, triple checks all his work with you and asks are you happy with the results before he leaves. If you want a great tuner Quik is your guy,I tell many of people this on my route that are looking to tune there ride.

here's something to think about, i own a rcsb (truck) with a stock 6.0 short block with ls3 heads with the ls3 FAST 102MM intake and TB with a custom grind cam and full bolt ons, my truck put down 483 to the wheels with 440 ft lbs of torque quik tuned my truck and i ran a 11.57 NA this pass weekend, and this was through e-mails as i live 1800 + miles from him i would get 2-3 different tunes a day, i was like wow every tune was different and he would explain why, which made it even better. the guy went out of his way to look at logs daily i would send him, he makes his changes then sends them back, this went on for a couple of weeks all i can say is No issues here for damn sure !!!

anyway waiting patiently to hit bigger and better times this weekend

then i'll spray the 150 shot

sorry for the hijacking!! i'm done
Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

I'm an outside 3rd party here... I don't enjoy stirring pots or flinging ****...

I have a good friend of mine local to me (goes by skeet on most forums he's on) who owns a stock bottom end 6L truck that just went CONSISTANT 11.5's @ almost 117mph naturally aspirated. Quik also tunes this truck THROUGH E-MAIL!!!! I kept this truck for a week while I did some work for skeet, I drove it to work a couple days. Cold starts are great, never stalled once, idles perfect RPM and AFR wise, and pulls like a monster from basically any RPM. I would not hesitate to get in that thing and drive it anywhere any time. The guy knows what the hell he's doing. If I do work for someone and tell them, "OK, this is setup this way for this reason, don't do that." And they go and do that anyway... What can you do!? The person who's trashing you knows he's wrong...

His setup in his truck came about because of changed plans I believe but either way, it made some pretty damn impressive power for a sub 300ci engine.

Anybody who's been around the truck forums knows I've had a serious beef with Quik in the past, but the guy's gotta be doing something right

-my $.02
Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Guess David beat me to it
Old 02-10-2010, 02:07 AM
TECH Resident

I'll be getting tuned by quik when I can afford to. If you do the research you can see that he has produced great results and I personally know that he will be tuning quite a few more vehicles soon. I have been tuned by other well known tuners before but from what I have personally seen and read quik is a tuning genius with great customer service. Just because you are an idiot that didn't follow the directions of your tuner, don't go bashing people as if it is his fault you couldn't control your urge to spray. Look in the mirror and get pissed off all you want but slandering someones name publicly for your own mistakes is a serious issue.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first off if you guys knew the entire story you would have no need to talk ****.the car he tuned for me didnt melt a piston because i sprayed the hell out of it,the truth was quik street tuned it and i was to upgrade injectors before spraying it,which i DID NOT SPRAY,til my engine was built by fergymoto to a 383.i asked quik to finish the tune on a dyno so it could be tuned for nitrous,quik said he could not for awhile, i said i will go elsewhere cause i wanted it done asap.i didnt trash quik,i called him on the phone,but that doesnt mean i have to like him for not finishing my cars tune,for thats all i wanted my transam tuned correctly.while looking elsewhere for a tuner that could finish my car, i did melt a piston because of needing bigger injectors by running it hard,thus was partially my fault.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:45 AM
11 Second Club

^^It's only a year late to respond
Old 01-20-2011, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

yeah well i wanted things straight just in case they started crying again,better late than never

Quick Reply: Worth it to stroke LS1?