Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

pt76gts numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...thanks Airforcemanss.

NicD...nice numbers! That looks to be from a dynojet? How much difference in spooling did you get street to dyno? I really had to crank down on my bc to get the same 11psi and boost was waaaay late. Other turbo cars didn't notice a big difference that day....so just wondering if it is my set-up or that it was all due to not being a mustang dyno.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
7 Second Club

Received 304 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
wow, that is a nice setup. what gears with the m6?
3.42s in a moser 12 bolt.

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
NicD...nice numbers! That looks to be from a dynojet? How much difference in spooling did you get street to dyno? I really had to crank down on my bc to get the same 11psi and boost was waaaay late. Other turbo cars didn't notice a big difference that day....so just wondering if it is my set-up or that it was all due to not being a mustang dyno.
Yes it was a dynojet and there wasn't much difference in spool between the dynojet and the street. On the street it does spool a tiny bit quicker but the boost controller was basically in the same position on the two to get the same amount of boost. Usually the only cars I see that have a large difference between a dynojet and the street are rear mount turbo cars.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good numbers! 137 full weight camaro... damn. Keep em comin.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NicD
Yes it was a dynojet and there wasn't much difference in spool between the dynojet and the street. On the street it does spool a tiny bit quicker but the boost controller was basically in the same position on the two to get the same amount of boost. Usually the only cars I see that have a large difference between a dynojet and the street are rear mount turbo cars.
Hmmm...well I guess my set-up is a little more sts-ish then I would like it to be. I dunno....spools great on the street.

Thanks Slow5.0...I actually went a 139.86 that day too but the pass was a semi supra pass with a bad 60'. Hoping to get into the 9's with my new aka good FTI converter and 4l80e. $280 cheapo loose converter with a t-braked th400 is a no-no....lesson learned.

And yea what he said, keep them coming.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Launching!

Auto is nice for turbo cars.. keeps it in boost from start to finish. Ive noticed the auto guys are running 3+ mph in some cases with equal hp over manuals . I picked up 4 mph from start of the year until the end without changing anything on the set up. Just driving better.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

I'm running the 76GTS on a stock LQ4 with head studs, rod bolts and a custom cam - making 655 at the tire through a 4L80E @11.5lbs and 585 @ 8.5lbs . . . Pulls nice and clean all the way up to 6800rpm.

I was running the MP70 before the 76 and I was expecting the 76 to be much slower spooling than the 70.... It wasn't!! I would say boost comes in maaaybe 2-300rpm later than it did with the MP70. The most impressive trait of the 76GTS is the retarded amount of top end it has over most other 70+ MM turbo cars I've been in.

Thats my .02

Quick Reply: pt76gts numbers?