Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Screw already out for the GTO???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Twin Screw already out for the GTO???

http://www.mascperformance.com/catal...products_id=99

I even saw headers and a Vortech setup for this car.. Wow..
Old 12-26-2003, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeez thats alot for a supercharger. If it were me Id justsave some money and get a centrifical.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:48 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Well you have to remember this car has been out for years.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Shorty Director

Yes the price is high for now..
Old 12-26-2003, 07:00 PM
8 Second Club

i've seen cheaper, waaay cheaper kits from australia. but i don't think the aussi kits include tunning, intercooler, or "special head shims". they wheren't even rated to that high of a boost level.
did you notice how this kit deletes the maf.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Shorty Director

I did notice that this kit deletes the MAF..
Old 12-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Shorty Director

Sounds like the GTO can be a pretty potent SLEEPER. A forged bottom end and compression around 9.1:1 could get some crazy horsepower with the FAST system and that Screw type blower. Sounds like a 03 Cobra KILLA!!!!
Old 12-26-2003, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Not much of an 03 Cobra killer. Still will need a dfi or fast to make the same power as a Cobra can on it's stock PCM. Oh, and a built motor as well. I do like the GTO. But for 11 grand I can make 720ish rwhp and build the rear end, clutch and trans!!
Old 12-27-2003, 11:10 AM
8 Second Club

i'm just wondering why delete the maf?
Old 12-27-2003, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is alot of money for a blower..But trust me the result's are more than amazing..I can get actual dyno number's for you all if you like..I know one person is using this kit on his Monaro and pulling well over 700 to the wheels..The vortech blower's are nice as well..Very easy to set up and makes great power as well..Cant really go wrong with either one...but trust me you can make well over 800 to the wheels with the maf delete kit converted to MAP and beyond..03 Cobra's Are certainly nice...but don't have a damn thing on a twin screw GTO that I am certain.

Carter
Old 12-27-2003, 12:03 PM
8 Second Club

don't get me wrong, the twin screw is great. especially that the boost right there from idle.
i wonder how easy will it be to tune with the map sensor only?
Old 12-27-2003, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

You guys are silly. Do GTO's have magic shortblocks that can handle all that power? Whipple will have a 3.3L twin screw upgrade for the CObra by January. That 3.3l is way to much blower for a stock shortblock. GTO guys will be putting 2.3L twin screws on. that 3.3L is like putting a f1R on a stock ls1. Go spend your 11 grand on a blower package and you will get your **** handed to you buy a cobra with half the money in mods.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Evil Turbo SS
You guys are silly. Do GTO's have magic shortblocks that can handle all that power? Whipple will have a 3.3L twin screw upgrade for the CObra by January. That 3.3l is way to much blower for a stock shortblock. GTO guys will be putting 2.3L twin screws on. that 3.3L is like putting a f1R on a stock ls1. Go spend your 11 grand on a blower package and you will get your **** handed to you buy a cobra with half the money in mods.
Look it's not that I like the GTO's that much...they are just another LS1 to me..but a nice one...The GTO doesnt have a magical shortblock..But with the stock shortblock and 12 PSI they have put down over 630 Rear wheel hp...couldnt possibly imagine an 03 cobra doing that...not even possible really seeming since they run about 10psi from the factory and only throwing down 360 or so to the wheel's..adding 2 psi aint gunna go from 360 to 630+...hhmmm fully forged DOHC cobra with 10 psi..360 rear wheel...Stock ls1 with 12 PSI 630+ rear wheel..choice is obvious...Now I understand fully that 11G's is absolutely insane for a blower kit...but it's also not just a blower..It's the blower,lower manifold,intercooler,front mount heat exchanger,94mm throttle body,custom computer program,mass air delete kit,larger injectors,fuel pressure regulator,new upgraded fuel rails,Big cone filter,custom air intake box,COG DRIVE belt system,all the ducting,mounting bracket's,instructions ect...NOW, by the time you do all that to an 03 cobra you are looking at 10g's or more also..so your point of argument goes nowhere...they have a high boost kit as well and there are tons of options..there is an Aussie car putting down over 1,100 rear wheel with this kit and a 427C5-R motor..and it's not even at it's full potential being that it's only running 16 PSI set up for 25..Done arguing for now....but chime back in please when an 03 cobra hit's 1,100 rear wheel with only 16 lbs and no N20,

Carter
Old 12-27-2003, 09:30 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch..... this one's gonna sting-
Old 12-27-2003, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

Is wacky Tabakie legal in your state? It must be because you appear to be smoking lots of it. A stock ls1 motor can't handle 12 lbs of boost. Sure some do it for a short amount of time. Now Im sure your going to bring up the exception but when you hear a stampede dont think Zebra. For every one that does it 20 fail. Second, 12psi will not make 630RWHP. look at PSjs car... 14 psi mid 500 rwhp. I know plenty about FI built stroked LS1s I have one. The one H/C lowered compression turbo car that made thoes numbers didnt do it long( see Zebra comment). And that setup was 20k.

Back to the 03 Cobra. With headers, Tb, billet pulleys, a dyno tune, cat back and a Kb you can make 600 rwhp on pump gas on a BONE STOCK motor. no cams no port work nuttin else. thats 7K installed. The eaton is junk swap it for a twin screw KB.Whipple and guys pick up 60 rwhp with no other mods. Want to go turbo, Sure. X2C has a t76 turbo conversion that puts down 730 rwhp on a stock motor, they have made 900 rwhp on a stock long block, cam ect motor. X2C T76 kit is 8500 bucks installed, tuned with a fuel system and k-member.Shall we do procharger..... they offer a F-1r kit for 3500 bucks...... test cars have seen mid 800 rwhp on stock motors.

Cubes... SHM offers a 6.0 mod motor block. Its Not 427 cid but with 4 valve doch heads that make the same or better peak cfm #s and out flow the best ls6 ported heads by up to 50 cfm from .050 to .500 lift.

Since a Cobra motor is just a Mod motor I can challenge your silly 1100 hp car comment.... Come talk to me when a Ls1 powered car has run 6.90's (John Mihouvetz ran 6.94 @202 in a PSCA race in AZ) using a factory block and ported factory heads a Mod motor had done it.Or Ill give you a easy one. Come talk to me when a 3900lb race weight stock long block ls1 has run 9.30s.

Lets get back to common cars here. A bolt on blower GTO will show a stock 03 its **** end. But for 2200 bucks in mods, 03's have gone 10.90s on 315 DRs. A blower setup and install will cost 6-7k for a new GTO.

Originally Posted by 10secondZ
Look it's not that I like the GTO's that much...they are just another LS1 to me..but a nice one...The GTO doesnt have a magical shortblock..But with the stock shortblock and 12 PSI they have put down over 630 Rear wheel hp...couldnt possibly imagine an 03 cobra doing that...not even possible really seeming since they run about 10psi from the factory and only throwing down 360 or so to the wheel's..adding 2 psi aint gunna go from 360 to 630+...hhmmm fully forged DOHC cobra with 10 psi..360 rear wheel...Stock ls1 with 12 PSI 630+ rear wheel..choice is obvious...Now I understand fully that 11G's is absolutely insane for a blower kit...but it's also not just a blower..It's the blower,lower manifold,intercooler,front mount heat exchanger,94mm throttle body,custom computer program,mass air delete kit,larger injectors,fuel pressure regulator,new upgraded fuel rails,Big cone filter,custom air intake box,COG DRIVE belt system,all the ducting,mounting bracket's,instructions ect...NOW, by the time you do all that to an 03 cobra you are looking at 10g's or more also..so your point of argument goes nowhere...they have a high boost kit as well and there are tons of options..there is an Aussie car putting down over 1,100 rear wheel with this kit and a 427C5-R motor..and it's not even at it's full potential being that it's only running 16 PSI set up for 25..Done arguing for now....but chime back in please when an 03 cobra hit's 1,100 rear wheel with only 16 lbs and no N20,

Carter

Last edited by Evil Turbo SS; 12-27-2003 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Restricted User

you guys are arguing over ****.

Cobras are built from the factory with forged internals, FORD knew it would have to be if they wanted to whoop the LS1/6 community. So they did it, congrats hats off to them. Now, take the difference in prices and mods, and see where you can come out. instead of you two running who's car can beat who's, run the numbers game on how to make the power. e.g. My 2000 Z-28 $20,000. NXL DP @ 180 hp jetting, headers+True Duals, Intake, cam, springs, pushrods, convertor, subframe connectors, shocks Total in mods = $4500, bringing my total under $25,000 and I whoop the 03 KB upgraded cobras here any given day! But this is Hawaii where everyone runs slower. So, think about the GTO price, then mod it, and when you build the bottom and make that enormous assload of power punch the numbers in.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

I love my Camaro I like the ls1 and I want a GTO for a Driver but , lets face the facts.... a 03 Cobra mod for mod dollar for dollar in a "street car" will make more power. The GTO is a better built car the 03 has a More mod friendly motor from the factory. But some of the HP #s that people claim LS1 cars make are stupid. Its almost like some people don't read any of the posts at Ls1tech. If they did they would realize how hard it is to make the 600-700 rwhp #s.

To 10secondZ. When your camaro is done add up all the money you put into the car. I will put half into my 03 and we can run heads up!
Old 12-27-2003, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Evil Turbo SS
Is wacky Tabakie legal in your state? It must be because you appear to be smoking lots of it. A stock ls1 motor can't handle 12 lbs of boost. Sure some do it for a short amount of time. Now Im sure your going to bring up the exception but when you hear a stampede dont think Zebra. For every one that does it 20 fail. Second, 12psi will not make 630RWHP. look at PSjs car... 14 psi mid 500 rwhp. I know plenty about FI built stroked LS1s I have one. The one H/C lowered compression turbo car that made thoes numbers didnt do it long( see Zebra comment). And that setup was 20k.

Back to the 03 Cobra. With headers, Tb, billet pulleys, a dyno tune, cat back and a Kb you can make 600 rwhp on pump gas on a BONE STOCK motor. no cams no port work nuttin else. thats 7K installed. The eaton is junk swap it for a twin screw KB.Whipple and guys pick up 60 rwhp with no other mods. Want to go turbo, Sure. X2C has a t76 turbo conversion that puts down 730 rwhp on a stock motor, they have made 900 rwhp on a stock long block, cam ect motor. X2C T76 kit is 8500 bucks installed, tuned with a fuel system and k-member.Shall we do procharger..... they offer a F-1r kit for 3500 bucks...... test cars have seen mid 800 rwhp on stock motors.

Cubes... SHM offers a 6.0 mod motor block. Its Not 427 cid but with 4 valve doch heads that make the same or better peak cfm #s and out flow the best ls6 ported heads by up to 50 cfm from .050 to .500 lift.

Since a Cobra motor is just a Mod motor I can challenge your silly 1100 hp car comment.... Come talk to me when a Ls1 powered car has run 6.90's (John Mihouvetz ran 6.94 @202 in a PSCA race in AZ) using a factory block and ported factory heads a Mod motor had done it.Or Ill give you a easy one. Come talk to me when a 3900lb race weight stock long block ls1 has run 9.30s.

Lets get back to common cars here. A bolt on blower GTO will show a stock 03 its **** end. But for 2200 bucks in mods, 03's have gone 10.90s on 315 DRs. A blower setup and install will cost 6-7k for a new GTO.
A stock LS1 can handle 12 PSI just fine and for a very long period of time at that...But the head gasket shims are installed and drops CR to 9.3:1 on a stock shortblock.

12 PSI DID make 630 RWHP..aussie has alot more LS1 technology than we do and has proven it time and time again..I know for a fact that the car that ran the 6.90@202mph was well under 2,900lbs and if it was a mod motor car it was deffinatly a tube chassis car or one HELL of a striped out back halfed RACE car...LS1's have the technology and capability to run 6's no doubt in my mind at all...it's just that nobody has tried it yet..everyone always seems to build powerfull street cars with the exception of agostino's car...Ronnie dukes car is a convertable LS1 trans am and he ran 8.51..not sure on his race weight but im guessing around 3500 lbs...add 400 lbs to that car and it would still be in the high high 8's..on to the next,quote:With headers, Tb, billet pulleys, a dyno tune, cat back and a Kb you can make 600 rwhp on pump gas on a BONE STOCK motor. no cams no port work nuttin else:quote...the monaro car with just the blower kit and cut out did 630 rear wheels..and you say "billet pullies" i know those arent 12 psi though...anyways im tired and going to sleep lol...i think all and all i would personally run with the vortech set up from www.mascperformance.com because it has a realistic price for the average enthusiest...but the twin screw is deffinatly crazy as hell just outta my price range..Later,

Carter
Old 12-27-2003, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

To 10secondZ. When your camaro is done add up all the money you put into the car. I will put half into my 03 and we can run heads up![/QUOTE]

I am the Owner of Edwards Motorsports so it won't cost me as much as you think...I will deffinatly take you up on that offer!
Old 12-28-2003, 12:27 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

This stupid game can go on all day.

I'll take $12k and buy a hayabusa and buy a $3000 turbo kit and run 8's all day long for $15,000.

The point is: who cares?

If all I wanted to do was go super fast for cheap I wouldn't be in a Cobra OR an LS1.

Sheesh. Life being about the little differences, ya know? Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Cheer up everyone. You're driving a RWD V8. So gang up on a common enemy: imports

Quick Reply: Twin Screw already out for the GTO???