Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Incon TT build... slowly but surely

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know what those actuators boost up to max? Where did you get them or would you want to sell them?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they're around 18 psi max with a boost controller, 11 psi normally. Got em from atpturbo for $98 a piece, got the arms already made for the incon turbos for another 100 bucks. If you want everything I'll sell it all to you for $200 shipped, for just the actuators I'll give em to you for $150 shipped.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, let me see what mine do when I pull the vacuum lines from them and I might end up getting them off you.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Cool man. I'm gonna get back under the car again today / this weekend... wish me luck
Old 05-16-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default UpDaTe!!

Sooooooo after three long months my car finally starts up on its own!! It turns out that it wasn't building up fuel pressure so I ended up having to plug the spot where I removed the factory regulator. It starts up fine, just have to get it tuned to smooth out the roughness. Still got a little bit of cleaning up to do under the hood.... re-mounting the regulator and re-doing the fuel setup will happen this week, along with the exhaust Will post up pics / video once it's all done
Old 05-18-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, I can't win for losing.... re-did the fuel lines on the T/A so I could get my fuel pressure to act right. Made a BAD *** return line that uses the stock stuff without having to drop the tank, re-routed some things, and cleaned up the engine bay a bit. I temporarily had my fuel pressure gauge sending unit in the feed line because I had the wrong fitting, was waiting on the new one to arrive. It finally comes in and I switched them out, turn on the key to check fuel pressure and.... it's 15 psi so I was like WHAT THE ****??? Look under the hood and there's fuel spraying EVERYWHERE The last thing I needed to do to get my car on the road was that hose... a hose that I've taken off / put on at least a dozen times during this build and the last time that I had to do it, it takes a **** on me. Oh well, could have been a LOT worse if I'd actually started the car Tried teflon tape, paste, extra tightening it... no bueno. Looks like I have to change out both fittings and possibly the line coming off the fuel rail. THE SAGA CONTINUES
Old 07-15-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol, I almost forgot about this thread Still tying up some loose ends, it's been a long journey getting this car done. I should've done a little bit more research before I started putting everything together.... coulda saved myself a lot of time, money, and headache. Oh well.... red or blue pill, you live and you learn Plan on cranking up this beast this weekend once I'm done installing the intake manifold and re-routing my fuel lines. New pics coming as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet, I've been watching this thread closely....just got an incon kit earlier this week but it will be a few weeks until i can get it on....
Old 08-07-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That is a beautiful turbo kit!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i love my single turbo setup but i should ve just kept my incon. good luck!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

sick! what are you planning to do?!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Update!!

I was kicking around the idea of selling my kit, but since I didn't get any serious offers I decided to just finish building it up.... and I must say, I'm glad I did . I got the exhaust re-done using a Stainless Works 2 1/2 inch ORY mated to my Loudmouth 1, and it sounds pretty damn good! Got the Alkycontrol kit mounted and wired up, all gauges working (still gotta install O2 sensor for wideband), electrical gremlins fixed, fuel issues 90% addressed (still gotta double up pumps... no money, mo problems lol) and I should be getting a new wastegate bracket for passenger side hopefully . Hell, I even had time to completely re-do my sound system while I was waiting around for stuff ..... did a double din conversion and put in a brand new Alpine IVA-W505 with navi and bluetooth and ran some new wire for subs and amp. All that's left at this point is fuel pumps, iron out some miscellaneous b/s, do some tweaking and re-arranging in the engine bay, and re-check the tune maybe. I must say that Frost did an EXCELLENT job on the base tune though, it might be spot-on but I won't know until I get the wideband hooked up... time to stop being lazy and just do it I guess. More progress coming soon!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Updates
Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still waiting for pics!

Quick Reply: Incon TT build... slowly but surely