Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Petition Thread : Magnachager for the F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Petition Thread : Magnachager for the F-Body

There have been many calls and emails made to Magnuson (parent company of Magnacharger) about a LS1 F-Body blower kit based off of the 112/Radix unit. There is a intercooled Radix unit that is currently available for the Corvette not to mention the available kits for the GM truck line, Hummer and the upcoming kits for the SSR and GTO. All of this is great unless you own a F-Body.

What I am asking for is anyone that is interested in a LS1 F-Body Magnacharger to simply add your thoughts and wishes and if we have enough demand then this thread will be forwarded to Magnacharger. Maybe this will spur them to reconsider abandoning the F-Body project.

I will say that I would want a intercooled unit regardless. I would prefer a unit that replaces the intake but it is NOT necessary.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Later,
Bart
Old 01-02-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

This would be a great system for the f-body! Boost would be available from just off idle so a daily driver would be able to take advantage of this without having to rev the motor to much.

I'll see if there is any chance at all of them continuing this project when I talk to the guys over there on Monday. Just don't shoot the messenger if I come back with bad news...

Tom
Old 01-03-2004, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whipple and KB have shunned me when I have spoke with them. KB said no we are not interested and the guy at Whipple treated me like his red headed stepchild (I would love to meet that *****) when I asked about a system for our cars. Reliability is a must for me and I think that the Magnacharger will handle the higher compression of our cars in stock form much better than that of the KB or Whipple.

This would not be a 15 PSI race set up but rather something that will work well with stock pistons and bottom end. If I wanted a full on race setup then I would look elsewhere, but I want a car that has added performance and reliability.

Later,
Bart

Last edited by Black LS1 T/A; 01-05-2004 at 06:02 AM. Reason: This is a petition... not a critique. Don't ruin the intent of this thread.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:36 AM
Restricted User

Sounds like a good deal. If they make it, its reliable, and adjustable ( I would want to build the bottom and up the boost!) then it would be bought!

As for the 3.3l dispacement, how much room do we have under our hoods? Not that much for a roots type to displace that much!
Old 01-04-2004, 04:43 AM
Teching In

http://www.mascperformance.com/catal...products_id=99

Maybe this would fit?
Old 01-04-2004, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to whipple a few years ago and was very surprised at how fast they blew me off. They do make nice stuff though.

-Geoff
Old 01-04-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

They have a few other companys that sell a Screw blower kit for the LS1 Monaro. That price is silly. A few months ago it was $6500 AU on the star website.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Id love a roots style blower but its gonna be pretty hard to get it to fit under that silly fbody cowl. Even with heavy modifications. It couldnt cost much more than the Corvetter intercooled one otherwise its not gonna fly.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:49 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,208 Likes on 773 Posts

Bart started this thread with the blessing of our website FYI.

ADMIN
Old 01-04-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would love to see one esp with the lack of low end tq these motor hurt from when compared to other blower cars.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It does not necessarily need to be a unit that replaces the intake, it could be an offset unit such as the unit used on the GM trucks.

Later,
Bart
Old 01-04-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wonder if all of you guys that called Whipple have talked to the same person?
Old 01-04-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbyrne
I wonder if all of you guys that called Whipple have talked to the same person?
Maybe.....I know he did not do his company any justice by running off potential customers.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't waste my money going from a D1 to a roots. But if someone made a quality twin screw that could produce high numbers on a built engine I'd be very interested.

Mike
Old 01-05-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

Could you put the side mount whipple kit on a ls1 fbody? It looks like it would fit under the hood? The truck kits geed from the back and exit under and in front? Are the truck kits intercooled? Who makes a wide cowl hood for the ls1? Are the truck kits the 2.3L or the 3.3L

Last edited by Evil Turbo SS; 01-05-2004 at 01:35 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Restricted User

Hey look ppl, Bart got this thread started as read: Petition. So, if you dont want to show interest by simply typing, "Yes, I am interested" or something similar, then STF out of this thread. You wouldnt write down your grocery list on a petition to stop Child Sex Offenders if someone knocked on your door asking you to sign, so dont do it here.

Either sign up or stay out. Thank you.

Charlie.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Evil Turbo SS
Could you put the side mount whipple kit on a ls1 fbody? It looks like it would fit under the hood? The truck kits geed from the back and exit under and in front? Are the truck kits intercooled? Who makes a wide cowl hood for the ls1? Are the truck kits the 2.3L or the 3.3L

VFN fiberglass makes bad *** cowl hoods for LS1's i ordered one myself the 98-2002 SS style 3inch Cowl hood there are bigger ones but i didnt want to go overboard... you should check it out www.vfnfiberglass.com

But back on topic i would be interested if it was like the one the vette uses and costs about the same i would buy it
Old 01-05-2004, 06:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gentlemen... this is a petition.

When someone passes around a petition to DO something, no one gets to sign it if they have a dissenting position. If you have something negative to say about the petition's intent, write it down on a piece of paper to get it off your chest; then browse other threads.

I will monitor this thread. If there are suggestions or comments that seem to be relavent to it's intent (to encourage the production of this kit), that will be OK. Otherwise, I will delete it out-of-hand (so you are wasting your typing time) and if it continues, I will ask ADMIN to consider putting you in "Time-Out".

I am a FIRM believer in there being alternatives for LS1 enthusiasts. Just because a particular solution does not fit YOUR need does not mean it is not good for someone else. Mass production of such a kit could even lead to further advances where not only did it have the immediate power inherent in this style blower, but they may develop a way for it to improve in weaker areas. If enough people buy it,they may come up with ways to make their combination pull hard on BOTH ends. You never know. And we sure wouldn't know if people who never want to see a concept developed had their way.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by Black LS1 T/A; 01-05-2004 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes.......I am interested.

Where do I sign up?
Old 01-05-2004, 01:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch SS
Yes.......I am interested.

Where do I sign up?
You just did!