Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like to see how this kit holds up months down the road, for 10k i would want to see proven dyno results. for another 2k you can get a true proven kit from lmr or kytp which is proven to work, dont really like the idea of using log manifolds i see maybe 5k in parts I know there has been almost 2 years in research and developement, so dont understand the 50% mark up.
its really not rocket science....the system will work. Long term reliability?? that will depend on the quality of the steel and welds but i dont see why it wont last. Just like any other kit out there. Keep up on maintenance and everything will be fine.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CHRIS-CBRPerformance
Josh I've seen you talk bad about other kit makers on other forums so it don't surprise me that you would take a shot as us.

I'm going to be a better man about this and let you go.
I am going to let the kit do the talking.
Yes I called some Sweat shop labor Chinease made Junk, JUNK on Yellow Bullet. I have no issue in that at all. Some people like that crap Some dont. I say keep it American Made. We can all agree on that.

You dont have to let me go. You have released the setup Now we will let it do the talking. I have yet to take a shot at Modular Turbo's (a sponsor here) setup. I have no need too.

Rob get one of those setups on a Prepped engine so what can see it what it can do. Make it happen PIMP .
Old 04-17-2011, 08:24 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
What we offer vs what you offer are two different approaches that are packaged differently with different goals in mind
I have to agree with you here. I spent a few hours searching last night and found there is nothing to compare. They are totally different approaches. Being able to fit everything you have and not disturb the OEM cooling system and A/C was creative and cost effective during the install and build of the vehicle.

Since you haven't released any installed pictures yet nor have I've seen it mentioned, does the battery or the fuse boxes on the drivers side get relocated at the customers expense or do you have this taken care of with your system?

Being where you've located the turbos simplifies the exhaust system.

I'm bringing these particulars up because in the finished build, all of this matters with the total costs. Pricing out these builds for customers are difficult when too many modifications need to be addressed. It jacks the finished costs way up due to the amount of labor times which is why I asked in a previous post on the approx. install times...

I'm glad that the LS2Formula car was mentioned. Although that is a badass car, that setup is not an easy sell to the people we deal with. I'm only looking at this from a business standpoint and not personal. Thanks for listening...

Last edited by Firehawk441; 04-17-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 AM
8 Second Club

I also seen mentioned you're going to offer this as a single turbo also. Do you have pricing on this yet?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to guys on the fence over this kit. Its bad *** for sure. All the price hate needs to leave this thread. 10k for a kit is not bad, hell you pay more for a aps with shitty turbos lol. Good job to rob spoke to him in the past good guy. I think the results are going to speak in the near future. Hell twin 67mm will make some serious power on a 408.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To Firehawk: No the battery and fuse box is untouched. I am working on some marketing material right now that will be released in a few days that will give everyone a complete break down of what is involved in the install and what is received in the kit.

Also you are right about the differenced between Josh's kit and our kit.
We are not targeting 7 second racecars as customers, but I'm sure that 7's are capable with the right car. Our customer target is someone that wants ZERO impact to the vehicle and serious impact to its power. Basically street cars, that you can hop in with clean clothes, sit in a drive thru with the a/c rocking, then goto the track click off 10's 9's whatever, drive to dinner with your lady go cruising, then go home.

To Outlawz: thanks for the compliments
Old 04-17-2011, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

I would like to point out this as well, Firehawk got me thinking about this as well.

Nothing is needed other than the kit for complete install, there are no hidden costs and there is nothing you have to buy.

thats why it 10,000

also I think some are forgetting that there are 1800 in turbos 500 in wastegates and 1500 dollar K member with custom motor mounts.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Here are some pics from the install yesterday

Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 PM
8 Second Club

Well you've answered my questions and then some. I see in the pictures that the windshield washer resevoir is untouched and you've even added small but useful details on the K-Member such as the mounting locations for the brake line. These little things is all part of what I mean by "well thought out"

I also see you recognized my point on further expenses after purchasing your system. Changing the radiator, fan, hoses, mounting up a new support for the A/C condensor all play a role to the price as well...

I would assume you've taken into consideration horns, cruise control, etc...
Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the nice words.

The main focus was not touch the cooling or A/C system in anyway.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 PM
FormerVendor

No there are no other aftermarket parts required for this system to work awesome on your car. Another beauty that comes with ZERO impact on stock components.

Did you notice in that picture that the flip up headlights are unimpeded.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 PM
8 Second Club

Yes.. I saw the headlights. More pictures of how the intercooler mounts and to what would be very usefull. Thanks guys.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kmracer
7's for 10k? sign me up! : P
$10K is just the turbos, turbo parts, and plumbing. You still have to buy all the other **** to get there. Not to blow my own horn or anything but having a good tuner/crew chief to spec out the setup goes a long way also.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Restricted User

LOL. I saw "$1500 kmember" and thought, "WTF? Is it gold plated or something?" and then I saw the 2 pictures below. WOW! That's pimp! Way to think outside of the box. Makes a lot more sense now. I couldn't seem to get my head around how you would achieve your claims without moving SOMETHING around. Very creative. Good luck!

I would suggest that anyone looking to run big power, should eliminate some of those couplers and go to solid welds, vbands, and/or wiggins clamps.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:10 PM
FormerVendor

when you say big power, how much power are you talking about?
Old 04-17-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
I would suggest that anyone looking to run big power, should eliminate some of those couplers and go to solid welds, vbands, and/or wiggins clamps.
Why? Steve Petty / Tim Lynch run silicone going through the firewall. Silicone works great, even at 2000+ horsepower...
Old 04-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
when you say big power, how much power are you talking about?
Originally Posted by cracker
Why? Steve Petty / Tim Lynch run silicone going through the firewall. Silicone works great, even at 2000+ horsepower...
I'm certain that they don't have 11 (by my count) silicon couplers with 22 tbolt clamps on the pressurized cold side.

Big power is my nice vague way of saying that you may run into issues once you start turning up the boost with the pipes separating.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:18 PM
FormerVendor

Right on man, I get what you mean. We are using very high grade silicone couplers and clamps also we purchased a $500 bead rolling tool just for that reason I am 100% confident that no one will have any issues.

Good point though, who has a turbo car that hasn't popped a boost pipe at some point LOL
It happened to me at Homestead raceway a couple weekends ago and I honestly thought that I lost the motor for second LOL

You are local to me we should hang bro PM me your number. I am planning a trip to Moroso soon.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:09 PM
FormerVendor

I've been turbo charging cars for 20 years and not once have I had a hose blow off.
Bead roll the connections, use T-bolt clamps and make sure they are clean and dry.

Last edited by Chris@CBR; 04-18-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
$10K is just the turbos, turbo parts, and plumbing. You still have to buy all the other **** to get there. Not to blow my own horn or anything but having a good tuner/crew chief to spec out the setup goes a long way also.
that was sarcasm..

Quick Reply: Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!