Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PT88 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Great job man i love your can do it attitude and not letting big dog naysayers discourage you.If you feel your up to it go for it you must be doing something right your car has been in the 8s you know. an like you said the only reason its probably not going even faster is the deep pockets but keep up the good work and dont let nobody tell you what you should and shouldnt be doing
Old 05-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Yeah but it also has the good **** that they took out of the regular oils. My logic is that although I don't have an oil temp gage (I'm affraid to know), I bet the oil gets a bit hotter than in an NA or nitrous motor as the oil is cooling a turbo that is likely glowing red under boost. I never run it or even rev it hard after a cold start.

All the bolts have come right out of it. The penetrator is needed to seperate the cartridge (center section) from the exhaust housing cover. They are frozen together so the back cover wont even clock.
that some creative thinking

I am in the same boat, use 5w-30 on a 347 ls1-t-76 setup. The engine gets warm and it starts smoking at a stop light or stop sign. its very embarrising..lol. I had the turbo rebuilt because there was oil in the downpipe..( dripping when running). Put the fresh turbo in and it still smokes like a train..I have only a screw on oil breather cap. So I think im going to take some 10an line out of both valve covers and run it to a oil breather tank so I can get all that pressure out of the valve covers..

You think that will help?

Quick Reply: PT88 Rebuild