Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2010 Twin Turbo Camaro For ME

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Twin Turbo Camaro For ME

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the new Granatelli Twin Turbo kit for my Camaro '10. I say bit the bullet becuase am taking the Magnuson off. I was happy with the Magnuson but wanted more with all the torque that comes with it.

Here was their press push on the kit

Granatelli Motor Sports in concert with Turbo Technologies, Inc have come up with the first truly bolt on twin turbo kit worthy on the demands of the LS3 and L99 engined Camaro. Using twin PTE6265 Precision Turbo turbochargers, combined this system will support 1300hp at the crank. However, at only 7.5lbs it makes 540hp and 560 ft/lbs to the wheels and can be driven in bumper to bumper traffic with no worries. All tubing is tig welded, mandrel bent, HUGE 3.5” thin wall aerospace aluminum from the intercooler to the throttle body to further dissipate heat and keep the engine compartment near OEM specified cool. Bottom mount turbochargers draw air from twin sealed 1000 cfm K&N air intakes to insure plenty of flow at all times. Best of all the entire system mounts above the factory frame rails to eliminate the worries of “touch down” over speed bumps a commonly found problem on other systems.

Features and Benefits:

* (2) PTE6265 Precision Turbochargers. – Each capable of 65 lbs/hr
* Turbos are V band mounted on inlet and outlet to insure easy rotation, solid mounting and best of all there are no nuts and bolts entering or exit turbo body
* (2) PTE 45mm Waste Gates Insure Maximum Control Over the Monster Turbos
* Fiberglass Reinforced Silicone hose couplers ensure durability for year to come – no expense was spared
* Huge 3.5” Plumbing from Intercooler to Throttle Body Eliminates Lag and Increases Plenum Area
* Factory Silver Powder Coated Tubing – Special Colors Available on Request
* Waste Gates Include Adjustable Springs to go from 4.5psi to 15psi (We factory set them at 7lbs)
* 50mm Tial Blow Off Valve
* (8) 60 lb/hr low impedance injectors
* (8) NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
* Full Stainless Steel Hot Side Piping
* Large Front Mount Intercooler - Dual In / Single 3.5” discharge
* Intercooler Tanks are Black Powder Coated to Extract Heat Yet Fins Remain Untouched
* Preloaded Hand Held Flash tuner with safe calibration

We realize that every manufacturer will tell you their kit is best. We simply recommend you ask a friend. Ask your friend who is the only company that offers true bolt on turbo systems for most LS series engine applications. Ask your friend how many companies can sell you a twin turbo kit, in a box, that promises to fit your Corvette and/or Camaro and make over 1000 proven HP.

They offer the kit as a tuner set up as well but I opted for the complete package. As I step it up I will go for custom tuning with EFI Live

Thoughts

Last edited by smokinHawk; 06-02-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: price for nonsponser
Old 06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet! sounds like you need to get busy and put that thing together and take some pics!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

I stopped in at turbo technology when they where fabricating the pieces, it's a nice set up. If I hadn't seen it for myself I would never of believed your could fit the turbos and tubing around that engine.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 188 Likes on 113 Posts

You're doing this on a stock LS3? What do you think the twin turbos are going to get you that the TVS2300 can't? Can't the 2300 blow enough to scatter a stock LS3?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like very well thought out kit. Wish they had made one for my 99 instead of aps. I have got the bugs pretty much worked out of my aps kit but it cost a lot of extra money after turbo upgrades,and mucking around.
So looks like the turbos hang off the stock manifolds? Not that clear on that part of it.
Nice it also keeps air. That was one reason got the aps is it kept the air.

I am sure these kits will produce great results and installation looks pretty easy and nice to see they offer fuel support and tuner or no tuner kit options.

Local guy is thinking to get one so might get to see/ride in the car first hand.

As for turbos over supers well turbo versus centrifugal choose turbo ever time. Turbos over twin screw or roots type that is harder choice. The roots do have serious grunt at super low rpm sometimes too much serious grunt to ever hook up. And you can ramp boosts on turbos you can't ramp in the roots or twin screws. Roots generally aren't as good up top as the turbos either. The twin screw are better up top but turbos are still more efficient and you can usually run higher boost without heating up the air as much.

I love all power adders personally all have their pros and cons and powerbands,sounds,
all fun.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 188 Likes on 113 Posts

That setup does look sweet. I just question the reason for taking one power adder off to add another one. I've had both....currently real pleased with the TVS. Wondering what the upside of the twin turbos is vs the TVS on a stock LS3. Good news is that he shouldn't have a problem getting rid of the slightly used TVS. If it would work with 243 heads, I'd be interested..
Old 06-02-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

From my experiences, the around town driving with the twin turbos sucked. very slugglish, no snappy throttle response.
I would have went with the TVS2300 hands down.
TVS2300 = awesome power from idle - redline.
twin turbos = awesome power from 3000rpm - redline
Old 06-02-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
From my experiences, the around town driving with the twin turbos sucked. very slugglish, no snappy throttle response.
There could be many reasons to why he switched...

Some would rather have the Twin Turbo in the list of parts as opposed to Supercharged or Blown.

Some would rather use the power after XXXXRPM because they're tired of blowing tires off.

I race primarily on the highway, so I would rather have power from 3k-redline. Then again, I will be on a 370 with a TC78 and a TH400

That kit looks soo bad ***, unfortunately I would hate to spend that kind of money when I could build my own
Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Looks good, can't wait to see some results. Are you taking off a TVS 2300?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you re use the factory exhaust manifolds ?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Hmm.. my 99TT is awesome around town. Maybe it was your combo or tune.
9.5 compression, 3.54 gears, auto and stall,408 built,pretty mild cam. Car is great around town and you don't even have to go into boost much if it you don't want to. Hammer it down and lightspeed. And I can ramp in the boost with three different methods,rpm,gear or time. No hp drag on engine.
1400 hp potential. whats not to like. And really have very little or next to no lag. Great sound effects as well from the blow offs and turbos.

I found most roots or twin screw cars are a bear to hook up down low.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by old motorhead
You're doing this on a stock LS3? What do you think the twin turbos are going to get you that the TVS2300 can't? Can't the 2300 blow enough to scatter a stock LS3?
Gets me more torque and more power per lbs of boost. No stress on my crank and the ability to make 750 on my built engine with out all the blower whining and racket
Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Looks like your are talking about a turbo T/A that is a v6 with lag. I went for a ride, there is no lag to speak of. Felt every bit as fast as my maggie for the first 60 feet and then the turbo is KING
Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
There could be many reasons to why he switched...

Some would rather have the Twin Turbo in the list of parts as opposed to Supercharged or Blown.

Some would rather use the power after XXXXRPM because they're tired of blowing tires off.

I race primarily on the highway, so I would rather have power from 3k-redline. Then again, I will be on a 370 with a TC78 and a TH400

That kit looks soo bad ***, unfortunately I would hate to spend that kind of money when I could build my own
Can't see how anyone could build a kit this nice for this kind of money - one off.

from Granatelli link

Nice!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike in LA
Looks good, can't wait to see some results. Are you taking off a TVS 2300?
Yes - took it off
Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I most certainly can't build a kit that looks that nice... But I don't really care if the kit "looks nice"... I care that it performs the way in which it was intended to.

S-I-C-K looking kit though
Old 06-11-2010, 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

very cool!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Congratulations bud that thing will be a blast. I would die if Turbo Tech built just even the hot side of a twin turbo setup for the older f-bodies that would fit that well. Oh well can't have everything.

Post lots of pictures of your build if you can, we would all love to see them.
Good Luck.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Here is a video of a dyno run from GMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceFNR4JG66c
Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Those pics are BEAUTIFUL! Must be a blast!

Quick Reply: 2010 Twin Turbo Camaro For ME