Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aquamist meth. injection

Guy's
I've got a 2010 Camaro SS
Procharger S/C 10 lbs. boost
American racing headers w/mids
magnaflow axle back exhaust
I purchased a Aquamist HFS-6 meth. system.
Looking for advise as to where to locate nozzles??
Attached Thumbnails Aquamist meth. injection-2010-camaro-ss_2010-07-13_1559-updated.jpg   Aquamist meth. injection-2010-camaro-ss_2010-07-13_1564-updated.jpg   Aquamist meth. injection-2010-camaro-ss_2010-07-13_1562-updated.jpg  
Old 07-13-2010, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

The ground effects on your car look good! makes it look a little bit more finished..

I've experimented a bit with spraying pre turbo and post intercooler, and would have to say that from AIT #'s and seat of the pants pre turbo is better, but don't have dyno numbers to back it up. I have heard that spraying before compression make the compressor act a little bit bigger than it is (probably from more dense air)
Old 07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer to just use race gas, meth seems more expensive and troublesome, just my 2 cents though.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

I dont know aboutthe OP but the only place here that has race gas is 50 miles away and its $8-10 a gallon. Where as a gallon of meth aka -50* washer fluid is like $3 a gallon and lasts a long *** time. I guarantee filling up on race gas all the time will get more expensive then a meth setup real quick.

Ever thought about putting 1 pre turbo and 1 pre TB? That way the air doesnt have hardly any chance to heat up.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by XtremeDime
I dont know aboutthe OP but the only place here that has race gas is 50 miles away and its $8-10 a gallon. Where as a gallon of meth aka -50* washer fluid is like $3 a gallon and lasts a long *** time. I guarantee filling up on race gas all the time will get more expensive then a meth setup real quick.

Ever thought about putting 1 pre turbo and 1 pre TB? That way the air doesnt have hardly any chance to heat up.
Does the meth kit spray all the time under WOT or is it boost referenced? I just dont like the idea of paying almost 300.00 for the kit & having to hook it all up. I only need race gas when I go to the track and plan on holding it to the floor a lot, seems like you would spray meth a lot more to me. For me meth just isnt a better solution to race gas, just my opinion.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Most people have it setup to be boost referenced.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
Does the meth kit spray all the time under WOT or is it boost referenced? I just dont like the idea of paying almost 300.00 for the kit & having to hook it all up. I only need race gas when I go to the track and plan on holding it to the floor a lot, seems like you would spray meth a lot more to me. For me meth just isnt a better solution to race gas, just my opinion.
My Alky control meth kit is progressive Starts spraying once it sees 4psi then ramps up from there. I had a 5 gal jug of 99.9% pure meth that cost $35 last me 1 season. That was about 3k miles. ALOT of track time and lots of street use. I get the effect of running 112 octane gas for $35 over 3k miles plus the cost of pump 93 octane. Not to mention that it cools the IATs
Old 07-13-2010, 02:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Spraying meth/water is a making very efficient use of the fluid to help performance.

With race gas...no matter how you are driving it, its all getting used up.

With water injection, it is only getting injected when it is needed.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
My Alky control meth kit is progressive Starts spraying once it sees 4psi then ramps up from there. I had a 5 gal jug of 99.9% pure meth that cost $35 last me 1 season. That was about 3k miles. ALOT of track time and lots of street use. I get the effect of running 112 octane gas for $35 over 3k miles plus the cost of pump 93 octane. Not to mention that it cools the IATs
Looks like it works for you, thats good. I dont need race gas all the time myself I just use it for extra insurance at the track, so you see meth wouldnt be as useful to me.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Default Meth. injection

My understanding of the Aquamist system is that it is progressive and works off the injector timing. The formula used to determine nozzle size is on the Aquamist website and it leads me to believe the nozzles should be placed together in order to take advantage of the increase in combustion due to the alcohol. The system not only cools the air but enriches the charge. My thought is to place the two nozzles just after the MAF and just before the TB. 90° off the air flow at 5 and 7 o'clock just offset not to spray at each other. So far I've received excellent feedback!

Thanks all.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Last time i bought pure meth from the local petroleum place it was like $1.35 a gallon... Its not quite as beneficial as race gas but a fraction of the cost long term.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by McPhedran
My understanding of the Aquamist system is that it is progressive and works off the injector timing. The formula used to determine nozzle size is on the Aquamist website and it leads me to believe the nozzles should be placed together in order to take advantage of the increase in combustion due to the alcohol. The system not only cools the air but enriches the charge. My thought is to place the two nozzles just after the MAF and just before the TB. 90° off the air flow at 5 and 7 o'clock just offset not to spray at each other. So far I've received excellent feedback!

Thanks all.

Yes you want it to be post MAF but as far away from the Throttle body as possible so that it has time to vaporize
Old 07-15-2010, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

I had my meth right after my maf (which had been relocated about 3 feet away from throttle body) and ran into stumbling issues. Once I moved the nozzle to right before the throttle body the issue went away. My theory was that once the throttle blade was closed, the pressure wave would cause a bit of reversion (even with bov) and the meth would get blown back onto the maf causing it to temporarily freak out until the meth vaporized off.

Quick Reply: Aquamist meth. injection