Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

QMP Turbo Formula - 750rwhp / 830rwtq STOCK ENGINE

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure you didn't add some nitro to the brew? That is unreal, congrats!

what injectors & fuel pressure are you using?

600rwhp now seems like the realm of an old mans car
Old 01-22-2004, 09:36 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

wow, now that is really impressive.....unreal!

Jason
Old 01-22-2004, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

How much could this car gain from a turbo grind cam, passenger side header, and extensive head porting?

Peace,
Old 01-22-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Damn 750rwhp nice!! One question what was wrong with your old Z that thing had a built motor and a T88 and didn`t make much more then this one does stock ?
Old 01-22-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWSOME.That thing must be a blast on the street.If I wasn't building the cobra I would be getting one of them kits.

Old 01-22-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

I just got a warm tingly feeling in my pants....
Old 01-22-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Point Made... Holy mudda fudda! This could hurt you bolt on sales and increase you turbo kit sales!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

That is very impressive.

The last numbers you posted were 631/690 @11psi through the cutout.

What was changed to make the 713/831 @12psi through the cutout?
(I read the post a few times but couldn't figure it out)

BTW, not sure where you started out at, but I put my car very far forward on the rollers and it only gets a lil out of shape when it comes onto boost. (that is what Dynojet recommended to us)
Old 01-22-2004, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Wow, I go watch TV for a couple of hours and.....

Where do I start? Let's see. I do feel like gloating a bit. Actually, it would help if a few of the naysayers would say "we were wrong...the stock passenger manifold and restrictive log really CAN make big power when tuned properly". Think it'll happen?

Okay, seriously now. Onfire, I know what you mean. And we made 6 full pulls tonight with every pull making at least 680rwhp. Radiator was full, and the oil looked liek it was supposed to look.
I did fail to mention that I also added a degree of timing, and changed from straight denatured alcohol, to a 50/50 mix of alcohol and methanol. Not really sure if it helped or not, but the results seem to say it did.

transdamit - the T63 cannot make that power. The T76 Q is rated at 950fwhp, as compared to the T63 rated at 750fwhp. I think with the new engine in my car I'll actually run out of turbo pretty quick. Keep in mind, I wouldn't actually recommend anyone trying to get these numbers out of their stock car...unless they didn't mind blowing it up. I'm not sure how "typical" this could really be, to be honest. I'm probably more amazed than anyone.
Vinc- yes, still using LS1Edit. 57lb Siemens injectors.
Canibal - yes, you do need a turbo. If nothing else, stop in and take a ride in mine. Don't you need to pick up some wheels from me anyway??
Rodent - If I drank, I'd take you up on that beer. Thanks for the offer though.
Nick - If I had known that the car was going to smoke the tires on the dyno {B]midway through the pull[/B], I would have DEFINITELY brought the camera. And it did it everytime we went over 700rwhp like clockwork. Soooo cool.
Cablebandit - thanks, I appreciate it. And yes, it's still the stock, factory rear end. No telling if/when the fluid was ever changed, because I haven't touched it. But it's quiet and smooth. It's still a stock T56 tranny also.
ssCam68 - PSJ who???
BlackZ93 - We plan to be there. I'm even thinking about parking the car until then. I just figure that this thing has to be holding together by threads....
parish8 - yes, it's our standard custom Spearco air/air. We just have a squirrel cage fan blowing at the front of the car, that's it. I'm sure a 100mph breeze would really help. Only the timeslips will tell...
distortion_69 - If my ***** were any bigger I'd need a wheel barrow to walk.
Dave - No NOS for sure. injectors as mentioned. And we are running stock fuel pressure, 60 @ idle, and about 57-58 under boost, dropping off to around 52-53 at 6500 rpm's. We will address that issue next.
MyTurboTA - the Z had a 400 turbo trans, a loose converter, and a 9" rear. Those pieces all eat a LOT of power. I also never really pushed the car. That T88 needed to see about 25-30lbs of boost to be really efficient and show the big numbers. Trust me, it is/was VERY fast.

Also, I want to thank everyone for the kind words and support. It means a lot to me. Especially after all of the criticism I've had to deal with over the last year or so.

I was too tired to go back to the shop tonight to scan and post dyno sheets. Guess it will have to wait until tomorrow night...
Old 01-22-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Sweet numbers Rob.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by INTMD8
That is very impressive.

The last numbers you posted were 631/690 @11psi through the cutout.

What was changed to make the 713/831 @12psi through the cutout?
(I read the post a few times but couldn't figure it out)

BTW, not sure where you started out at, but I put my car very far forward on the rollers and it only gets a lil out of shape when it comes onto boost. (that is what Dynojet recommended to us)
Good question. I left out the part about methanol and more timing until my last post. That helped I'm sure. We also put a fresh set of plugs in and tightened the gap, straight race gas, and adding the extra boost (technically boost was at 12.3lbs) leaned out the previously rich pull we made at 631rwhp. We also dynoed on radials this time, whereas before I dynoed on ET Streets. And lastly, I changed to a 10lb spring in the wastegate, from the standard 5lb spring we were using. I think that helped to hold the boost steady and kept the boost from dropping at all during the pulls. I also believe it helped with the TQ numbers by aiding in quicker spool-up.

Regarding where we started out at on the dyno, we started with the tires forward on the roller. We ended up with them on the backside of the roller. Dynojet said this would naturally help to push the tires into the roller. So I was like, whatever. Neither one worked.

Does that help?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:14 PM
I can shift faster than you.

All I can say is !

If I ever decide to go forced induction, I know who I will be calling.

Keep up the good work Rob!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:56 PM
TECH Veteran

So what's the single pump rated for? still using the intank regulator?

you must be adding alot of fuel with the alchy injection
Old 01-23-2004, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

I donno if you missed it.. But I was curious if you stood to gain alot from turbo cam/ported heads/aftermarket passenger side header, etc. I'd like to know what the max limit of a stock shortblock is.. Thanks, and keep up the work. I've said it 10 times and I'll say it again.. late this year when my car is paid off.. If I don't buy a c6, the car is going to QMP. Oh.. and one more thing.. do you finance? hehehe

Thanks,
Old 01-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Great job Rob, I have been watching the LS1 turbo kit since your first post about it and still think you are the KING of LS1 turbos. I can't wait to see what else you come up with in the turbo world for us gear heads. I am ready to get one for my car, but I have to see what changes with the laws to get your inspection sticker. I think they are going to start testing OBDIII with the computers in my county and I don't want to not be able to drive legally and have to worry about law breathing down my neck. Sorry about the long off topic post, but I have be drooling over your turbo kit and the power it makes and got real pissed when I heard about the law change.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thats very impressive, I do plan on going turbo most likely in the future, not sure where I'll get it done though.....
Old 01-23-2004, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Are you running the stock MAF and TB? Cam specs?
Old 01-23-2004, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by y2khawk
So what's the single pump rated for? still using the intank regulator?

you must be adding alot of fuel with the alchy injection
Complete fuel system is stock with the exception of the in-tank Racetronix single walbro 340 pump. I did alos use the Racetronix Hotwire kit and a volt booster. But the lines, fuel rails and regulator remain untouched.

distortion - I really don't know how much heads and cam will help. But we will find out pretty soon I suspect. As I said in my other post, we have the complete new engine ready to drop in...just waiting to find the breaking point of the stocker first.

MHLY01- We are using a stock truck 85mm MAF and stock throttlebody. The cam is factory stock, as is the entire engine.

Thanks again for the compliments! I'm going to bed now...
Old 01-23-2004, 05:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rob-
First, I can't express my appreciation enough that you've shown the potential of these kits, and proven beyond any doubt that the quality is top notch.

I'm sure proud to sport my system (in spite of the comments of some local, self-proclaimed mensa members). And the Alcky works wonders in the LS1, don't you think? 93 + Alcky + 11lbs = xx.xx ETs... (Not tellin', never will) Maybe I WON'T port the pass. manny after all.

Keep going man. Everyone's watching. Congratulations!

SC-
Old 01-23-2004, 05:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Raymer
Complete fuel system is stock with the exception of the in-tank Racetronix single walbro 340 pump. I did alos use the Racetronix Hotwire kit and a volt booster. But the lines, fuel rails and regulator remain untouched.
better hurry up and get that dual pump in there then, be pretty silly to have tha alchy hicup and melt down the motor cause your relying on it to keep the A/F right.

I sure hope you put the WB in it on the street, the fueling is marginal at best even for the dyno.

Quick Reply: QMP Turbo Formula - 750rwhp / 830rwtq STOCK ENGINE