Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Deja Vu. Forgive the non LSX build.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1 more teaser, I love this one!

Originally Posted by 03supercobra
You guys are in for a treat at the end of the week, the build is coming together nicely! Reza you should post one picture of the downpipe setup!
I LOVE the DP setup, I'm getting giddy, everything will hopefully be up by the end of the week.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nize! I'm getting giddy to see more pictures, couldn't imagine how you feel actually owning the car!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sluggish
Rearmount?
That is what Im thinking. Either way the car and kit looks badass!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sluggish
Rearmount?
i think its a Hennessy kit
Old 10-21-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

its nearing the end of the week...
Old 10-26-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

any updates?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Had a fuel pump issue on startup, long story short the head of the pump was bound up and the jaw coupler between the pump and the head broke (like it's suppose to in an effort to save the motor), so obviously no fuel pressure. New parts should be here tomorrow to remedy that then we should be able to start it up. Providing everything is ok, it goes on the trailer and heads to Dallas Friday. I think the shop is waiting for a replacement gauge that was DOA, as long as that is here this week, we are ready to roll.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who is tuning it? Taylor?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tiago
who is tuning it? Taylor?
The shop is taking it to a tuner in Dallas, I don't have the details yet though. I'm not familiar with Taylor?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Your teases are almost worse then my girls...and I hate you for it...
Old 10-29-2010, 05:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
The shop is taking it to a tuner in Dallas, I don't have the details yet though. I'm not familiar with Taylor?
Dallas performance? Dude those welds are retarded. I am from Tulsa but stationed in Japan but pray every night to get stationed at FT sill in Jan.
Is this a regular job for the shop you take it to? I am thinking about getting an hp style kit made for my FRC. The only shop i am familar with down there is Extreme performance from when the COFBA and TFCC boards used to be up.
That looks amazing.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Launching!

well damn man im glad to see it come together. itll be awhile before im on your level lol i have plans for a build but it wont be anything radical and i hear ya on wantin to fill up anywhere i enjoy that one myself. hell yea dude let us know as soon as you get some numbers and ill be lookin forward to seein it on film at 2k11 doin work like an oklahoma car should. congrats man
Old 11-01-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Yea, the insurance isn't bad, but it isn't great either. Once I'm 25 it'll go to collectors insurance and back to an agreed value and $500/year. Much better.
Be careful with this collector insurance option... one of my best friends just had his Hennessey 500 catch fire under the hood.

No modifications after Hennessey completed the car. In town driving, 2 PM, driving less than 25 mph. Only 18K miles on the car. Considering the price of a hood, the car is probably a total loss.

The insurance company for collector cars had a fully documented "agreed value" in writing at $40K.

After the adjuster showed up and agreed that the car was a total loss, the questions started...

How many speeding tickets have you had, in your entire life?

Have you ever missed a payment on this car, or any other car?

and more...
Attached Thumbnails Deja Vu. Forgive the non LSX build.-img00071-20101015-1305.jpg   Deja Vu. Forgive the non LSX build.-img00072-20101015-1306.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

ouch...thats a painful site
Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Dallas performance? Dude those welds are retarded. I am from Tulsa but stationed in Japan but pray every night to get stationed at FT sill in Jan.
Is this a regular job for the shop you take it to? I am thinking about getting an hp style kit made for my FRC. The only shop i am familar with down there is Extreme performance from when the COFBA and TFCC boards used to be up.
That looks amazing.
Nice looking ride as usual trust. SBC I knew I recognized your name from the COFBA/TFCC board forever ago.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Malicious
Nice looking ride as usual trust. SBC I knew I recognized your name from the COFBA/TFCC board forever ago.
Where you from COFBA/TFCC? What was your name on there?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

Well as usual the ETA is never right, not the shops fault, more mine. I dropped the intake, valvecovers, and the charge piping off today to get powder coated, the car is getting a Gen III (03+ body style) intake over the disgusting Gen II style (96-02), so it should all look cool satin black. On top of that, one of my gauges was DOA so we need a replacement before we can start tuning. The coater told me that it would be Monday before I got my stuff back so I believe the shop will just be doing the final wiring of the pumps (fuel and scavenge) then wiring up the eBoost2, Spa gauges, and putting the front bumper back on the car. Then it's tune time.

Originally Posted by tbird31
Your teases are almost worse then my girls...and I hate you for it...
Haha, for you and me both, I think seeing the actual progress is even worse on me than the teaser pics. I'm so ready to drive it!

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
That looks amazing.
Yea, pretty regular job for the place. Currently they have my car, a TT Ford GT, a Murcielago, a buddy's 800whp 3000gt, and they are doing a A&A kit on another friends C5Z0 and a full build on a 05 GT. They are all over the spectrum.

Extreme Performance is now XP Racing and they still do excellent work.

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
well damn man im glad to see it come together. itll be awhile before im on your level lol i have plans for a build but it wont be anything radical and i hear ya on wantin to fill up anywhere i enjoy that one myself. hell yea dude let us know as soon as you get some numbers and ill be lookin forward to seein it on film at 2k11 doin work like an oklahoma car should. congrats man
I'm pumped for TX2K11, by then the car should have an 8 point and some Stoptech's then it will be ready to roll for the H-Town highways!

Originally Posted by twinturbo496
Be careful with this collector insurance option... one of my best friends just had his Hennessey 500 catch fire under the hood.

No modifications after Hennessey completed the car. In town driving, 2 PM, driving less than 25 mph. Only 18K miles on the car. Considering the price of a hood, the car is probably a total loss.

The insurance company for collector cars had a fully documented "agreed value" in writing at $40K.

After the adjuster showed up and agreed that the car was a total loss, the questions started...

How many speeding tickets have you had, in your entire life?

Have you ever missed a payment on this car, or any other car?

and more...
Good to know, I'd honestly probably have an attorney look over the policy documents now you've said that, before I sign anything. That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen to me though, they chose to insure your buddy, they could have said no. Just my opinion though, tough break.

Originally Posted by Malicious
Thanks man. I was on COFBA/TFCC back in the day too, think my s/n was 98BlueTA back then, super original I know.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car looks sick, as always. Good to know those wheels went to a good home

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

Final teaser. Video coming this week!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn you...not another teaser

Quick Reply: Deja Vu. Forgive the non LSX build.