Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well how did the y block turn out
Old 02-24-2011, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

block came out good, it fits but its not all done yet. finish it up and post pics this weekend, I never though hanging those pumps on there would be such a PITA but it kinda is. waiting on delivery of the motovative solids so i can start that ordeal
Old 02-26-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Last edited by CarsandWomen; 03-07-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Hell yes!!! too funny, i actually just finished my Twin Walbro tonight and checked it all leaks, lol.

Great work man!!! Get some piping done! we need videos
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You could always build a mount like I did. Didn't cost much at all. Not even a solid mount. It leaves TONS of room.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ping King
You could always build a mount like I did. Didn't cost much at all. Not even a solid mount. It leaves TONS of room.

I thought about doing something like that. How long you had yours on there?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

How much did that Y block end up costing? I need something like that.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kyle im with you, I really need to pick up the pace :/

Ping King, I like that! I wanna keep mine solid but Im definately going to borrow the shape, thanks

1badws6, he gave it to me, im working with him to get a price to make a few of em
Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
Kyle im with you, I really need to pick up the pace :/

Ping King, I like that! I wanna keep mine solid but Im definately going to borrow the shape, thanks

1badws6, he gave it to me, im working with him to get a price to make a few of em
I wouldn't even bother with the solid mount. I have a poly mount in a stock setup on the pass and this on the driver. There is no movement! just enough to pull a trans though.

Just remember the poly bushing goes on the k member.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also,

I would put the alt mount with the idler back on the car. You gain a lot of space with having the belt in the way.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^yeah im regretting selling that now
Old 03-13-2011, 05:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

good news and bad, good news first:

the fuel pump assembly is installed for good, hooked up etc and im building a lid for the hole i cut, both pumps work, done. A bunch of grinding and paneling off parts of the car Ive cut is 95% done, 80% of the final welding of the lower bracket is done.

The bad news starts with good news, the Spohn solid motor mounts are out since they didnt fit right. The Motovative solid mounts are in on the factory pedastals, BUT THEY DONT FIT, UGH!!! the solid mounts have an offset bolt hole just like the factory mounts so im going to try flipping one over, right now ive got the Motovative's turned so the motor is sitting low on both sides. But it also appears that the motor is sitting crooked in the car, the crank pulley is visibly to the passenger side so im kinda bummed about what to do, this **** always happens to me

Nothing worth taking pictures of but i did get quite a bit done and enjoyed myself, I highly recommend Pandora Internet Radio in the Southern Rock Genre, its endless fun
Old 03-13-2011, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

The mounts install so that the bolt is offset towards the bottom, just like stock mounts.

You will see a number laser etched into the mounting plate... install the mounts so that the number is on the bottom

There is also no way for the mounts to make the motor off center or sideways. Both mounts are mirror images of eachother with the exact same offset.

Let me know if you need help!

Blake
Old 03-13-2011, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Motovative
Let me know if you need help!

Blake
I do need help, I need somebody to keep me away from me lol. Honestly Im glad to hear that, I was really hoping when I got home that ls1tech had a solution, since Im about to go out and work on the car and was wondering how to move forward.

Props to you Blake for being online and paying attention on Sunday, many thanks!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get the mounts figured out or is there still problems? Hope all is well so you can get some progress made. Good luck
Old 03-14-2011, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

all is well, Blake got it right first shot. I flipped the solids over and it slid into place so I began dissecting the Spohn to make it work and so far so good but i cannot proceed without the tranny in place. Ive been talking to Lee @ BMR via email but the responses suddenly stopped and I haven't heard back, granted I have only sent 2 that have not received reply's.

I worked on various odds and ends for a while, I built a cradle for my 4l80e that is welded to the round part of the jack that comes off. It makes sure the transmission doesn't come toppling onto me Its also how a 165lbs man transports a 300+lbs tranny lol
Old 03-15-2011, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

way easyier working on making motor mounts and dealing with them in general when you can get so close to your motor that you can lean on it and drink a beer

from R&R'ing my trannys so many times ive discovered the best way to hold it is to grab some scrap and make a tray for it, weld the tray to the swiveling part of the jack and it wont fall off.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

everything is on hold, Im moving. packed up most of the stuff in the garage with the car, its all now actually in the car, going to sort of install the 4l80e just to hold stuff still. Ill install the IC for the trip but not the radiator as the upper mount bracket for it isnt done.

everything is labeled but I already know theres going to be all kinds of pieces that are lost or unknown good news is ill have a lift and a shop to work on it from now on
Old 05-15-2011, 04:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

the moving process is taking forever! not much has changed, the 80 is in, man I dont ever want to deal with that big bastard ever again without a lift.

got the AN power steering conversion using the Sticky, havent put it on yet but im thinking about adding a small cooler to the system because I like the twisties, anybody done this?

been working my *** off, so generally not much has happened other than me ordering parts, been looking at Tbrakes and I think im gonna go with Jakes Performance. He has a brake for the autoX guys that doesnt bind on a 2 to 1 gear change, also going with a billet input shaft and rollerized forward hub with Circle D doing a full rebuild and stage 3 converter.

on the bright side, work is showing no signs of slowing so when it does Ill have lots of work to do and lots of parts ready

Quick Reply: My single frontmount build thread