Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FWD 5.3 LS4 Turbo 11.01 @ 126MPH

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those TEP transmissions are amazing, i have one in my 2002 GTP, after i grenaded a diff doing a burn out. Just curious, but have you dynoed it? I am thinking about ditching the blower, and going turbo.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

Mark, my friend...well done! about time! LOL...glad to see it running strong! I feel ya on the dyno numbers from the cars not liking the dyno...gotta get a load on it to help spool that turbo!! Im in the same boat...I wasnt event getting max boost until i would hit the N2o to assist...so its a real pain in the *** if they are free moving and no current. Im dealing with a control arm issue...LOL zzp is sending me updated ones cause I snapped my heim joint from torque LOL...

Glad to see you in the low 11's...Im hoping to see your old numbers next season with it all tuned up...havent been to track sice the last past really rich e85 tune...got N2o to throw at it this time too so we will see..Im still on factory guts too..

GOOD JOB AGAIN!! lets keep these FI guys guessing at the line!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the times man!!

Rossko, you aint got that control arm from them yet??
Old 06-24-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doing some updates to the car. A few pics of the new 3" Cartuning down pipe set up and Cartuning rear manifold. This is a mock up motor that I have which makes test fitting a little easier out of the car! Last set up was a 2.5" down pipe and stock LS4 rear manifold which has a poor design. Possibly another 100 hp lurking with this set up I hope. Picking up the Cartuning built trans this weekend which will now be able to hold the power in 3rd gear without slipping. Should have it all back together in a few weeks. Then, a little tuning by TJ at BEI!

Video Walk Around:

http://youtu.be/UNL6d9XQ5U4

Last edited by supercatxr7; 06-24-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the baddest monte I have ever seen. Awesome car, I've always liked the new imapla's and monte's.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Neat build. Looks similar to the turbo kit I had on my V6 Eclipse.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Parasoth
Go supercat. Your Monte is the Monte that I want, my neighbor had one for a year and I drooled over it all the time. White and that year.

I stand by what I said. Going straight can always be fixed, turning can't.

You should be banned just cause your a fukin idiot.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Parasoth
Go supercat. Your Monte is the Monte that I want, my neighbor had one for a year and I drooled over it all the time. White and that year.

I stand by what I said. Going straight can always be fixed, turning can't.
wrong and still defends his ignorance. I own a 400hp fwd and I'm telling you torque steer is usually from unequal length half shafts, and one wheel having more torque because of the shorter axle causing the car to pull going STRAIGHT.
I'm going to have to quote Ron White here... "you can't fix stupid"

BADASS Monte! Congrats on your times and good luck on hitting 10's soon!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

that is sah-WEET!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Default Help, anyone?

Supercatxr7, I would like to ask you a few questions. (if this is the wrong place, or wrong way to go about it, please correct me, seriously) I have a 2007 Grand Prix GXP, 4T65E High Performance Street/Strip model from TEP
(except i have the 7/8" drive chain) and transmission cooler, Cartuning Grand Prix GXP turbo kit with W/M injection, and a ZEX LS Series Perimeter Plate System. I am am getting ready to install all these parts, but I have a few problems that maybe you could, if you would, help me out with. My LS plate system fits on 90mm throttle bodies and larger, the LS4 is 75mm/78mm. i planned on using these if they would work with the NO2: X-LINK 2.1 and TB1 or TB2. If they won't work, I'll have to rig an LS6 Intake to my LS4, I've seen posts where someone describes ho to do it while keeping DOD and then I could use any aftermarket TB that fits and will work with the NO2. I noticed you have an LS6 Intake, But an LS4 TB, is this because the turbo kit required the smaller TB? If so, ill have to change one of the turbokit pipes or something. My kit comes with 42.5lb fuel injectors, but I want FAST 60lb injectors and a similar fuel delivery set-up you have on your engine, because I think with the turbo and No2, I'll probably require more fuel than the 42.5lbs can accommodate. I was wondering why you used a Racetronix fuel pump (not the rewire kit that comes with the turbo kit) if you are using a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump that says it works with OEM fuel pumps? I am serious about this, I have pictures of all the pieces in my house and of my car online, I just haven't put them on this forum profile, I don't think; I am multiple forums. I am going to use the NO2 to cool the hot/compressed turbo flow, but of course it will add more HP and fuel, even if I order the smallest NO2 injector nozzles. The problems I am having are the small amount of aftermarket products for these strange LS4 engines, specifically TB and Intake Manifold, and the question regarding your Boost-a-pump in addition to a new fuel pump. Thanks for the help, if you can, or for your time reading this long post, if you can't. I'll figure something out, but doesn't hurt to ask, even if I get called a noob. I figured I'd ask you, because you said you were going to add NO2, and you have a similar turbo kit, engine, and transmission.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good Mark, should run some easy 10's now! Do you have E85 stations near by????
Old 07-01-2011, 02:44 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm guessing you change the back bay spark plugs from the bottom. I thought our passenger side was bad, I can't imagine having to do those plugs.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Looks good Mark, should run some easy 10's now! Do you have E85 stations near by????
There's a Meijer within about 8 miles or so from where I'm at that sells it. Not sure if I want to take the E85 route just yet.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AyeKay
Supercatxr7, I would like to ask you a few questions. (if this is the wrong place, or wrong way to go about it, please correct me, seriously) I have a 2007 Grand Prix GXP, 4T65E High Performance Street/Strip model from TEP
(except i have the 7/8" drive chain) and transmission cooler, Cartuning Grand Prix GXP turbo kit with W/M injection, and a ZEX LS Series Perimeter Plate System. I am am getting ready to install all these parts, but I have a few problems that maybe you could, if you would, help me out with. My LS plate system fits on 90mm throttle bodies and larger, the LS4 is 75mm/78mm. i planned on using these if they would work with the NO2: X-LINK 2.1 and TB1 or TB2. If they won't work, I'll have to rig an LS6 Intake to my LS4, I've seen posts where someone describes ho to do it while keeping DOD and then I could use any aftermarket TB that fits and will work with the NO2. I noticed you have an LS6 Intake, But an LS4 TB, is this because the turbo kit required the smaller TB? If so, ill have to change one of the turbokit pipes or something. My kit comes with 42.5lb fuel injectors, but I want FAST 60lb injectors and a similar fuel delivery set-up you have on your engine, because I think with the turbo and No2, I'll probably require more fuel than the 42.5lbs can accommodate. I was wondering why you used a Racetronix fuel pump (not the rewire kit that comes with the turbo kit) if you are using a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump that says it works with OEM fuel pumps? I am serious about this, I have pictures of all the pieces in my house and of my car online, I just haven't put them on this forum profile, I don't think; I am multiple forums. I am going to use the NO2 to cool the hot/compressed turbo flow, but of course it will add more HP and fuel, even if I order the smallest NO2 injector nozzles. The problems I am having are the small amount of aftermarket products for these strange LS4 engines, specifically TB and Intake Manifold, and the question regarding your Boost-a-pump in addition to a new fuel pump. Thanks for the help, if you can, or for your time reading this long post, if you can't. I'll figure something out, but doesn't hurt to ask, even if I get called a noob. I figured I'd ask you, because you said you were going to add NO2, and you have a similar turbo kit, engine, and transmission.
Never said I was adding NO2. Don't feel I need it at all and would rather not complicate things. I tried and others have tried using another throttle body on the LS6 manifold unsuccessfully, so LS4 throttle body on the LS6 intake manifold with an adapter for the bolt pattern is used. More info on the LS4 forum of this site if you do a search. Send me a PM on the other stuff.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm guessing you change the back bay spark plugs from the bottom. I thought our passenger side was bad, I can't imagine having to do those plugs.
Plugs are not that bad, maybe it's because I've done them too many times. Easiest to take off the rear coil pack to get to them. Fronts are super easy access!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

WOW Very impressed ! If I were to race you and you blew me away I would have been trying to figure out what was wrong with my car for a week. lol
Old 07-24-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally up and running today! Just need to bleed the brakes and tie up a few loose ends and then a little road time on the rebuilt trans from Cartuning. Need to schedule some time with TJ at BEI for some retuning. I'll post some numbers once I have them.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 908 Likes on 648 Posts

There has been some pwnage in this thread.

Super cool car OP. It's funny you are talking about how you can't get traction in first and second gear and have to roll in to it. You know what? It's the same thing in an F body. It cracks me up when slower people talk **** about someone elses car.

One of the things I'm most impressed with besides the times is the transmission holds up.

Looking forward to your upgrades.

Quick question, when I'm going around a corner in my F body and I hit the gas the car gets crazy..... Do I have torque steer?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Getting tuned by TJ at BEI this Friday. I'll post results. I'm hoping the car likes the dyno this time around.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Broke my input shaft on the 1-2 shift a few weeks ago on my second trip to the track for some shake down runs. Just got it back together and running again with a new input shaft. Also upgraded from a .96 AR to a 1.30 AR on center T4 housing on the Turbonetics 76mm. Doesn't seem to have much lag down low. Hoping for some good runs in a week or two!

Quick Reply: FWD 5.3 LS4 Turbo 11.01 @ 126MPH