Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Time to Super Charge My Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to Super Charge My Camaro

I have a 98 Camaro with a 04 GTO LS1 in it. internals are stock with 40,000 miles. My friend is selling a pro-charger ridiculously cheap to me and helping me install it. $2500. I'm wondering if my stock internals will hold up with the super charger and what else might i need other than a good tune?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is he selling you just the head-unit, or the whole kit? D1 or P1? What mods do you have done to your car? If it comes with the head-unit, bracket, intercooler, piping, etc... then you'll need a fuel system to support the power; injectors and new fuel pump. You're stock internals will work fine, but just don't go crazy on the boost. If you have a good tuner, you should be fine.

Other than fuel upgrades, you'll also need to get a clutch that will hold the power (assuming it's a M6).
Old 11-12-2010, 04:40 AM
Teching In

Yeah i have a built M6 with a LS7/LS2 setup. It is the complete kit plus i found out he is including the injectors, fuel pump everything from his last built. So it sounds like I'm in pretty good shape. He just replaced the bearings last year with a new set that was $600 alone. He said i don't get the boost gauge because it is built into his dash haha. What kind of boost is a good medium to run. Also is getting a mail order tune good to get it running then take it to a shop to have it done right. I hate having my car on a rollback because it sits so damn low and most tow trucks don't care around here. I am not sure if it is a D1 or P1, I will find out later but here is a pic from when it was installed on his TA.

Last edited by Multiburon; 11-12-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Teching In

It is actually a vortech sc.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Teching In

What do you guys think of this price for what im getting? Or should i wait and save for a d1
Old 11-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Staging Lane

He's still giving you alot for a good price, the vortech just doesnt make as much hp as the procharger would. I'm sure you would be happy with the results either way. I wouldnt waste your money on a mail order tune just to take it to a shop and run it on a dyno anyway why pay for something twice? Just my opinion
Old 11-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pillion88
He's still giving you alot for a good price, the vortech just doesnt make as much hp as the procharger would. I'm sure you would be happy with the results either way. I wouldnt waste your money on a mail order tune just to take it to a shop and run it on a dyno anyway why pay for something twice? Just my opinion
What type of power do you think i will see with this setup.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

That is a good price for everything! If you install everything but the fuel injectors, you can drive the car at part throttle to where you are going to get it tuned. Just don't go wide open throttle, not even once! You could drive it this way all across the country and you would be okay. Once you get to the shop where you are getting it tuned, let the engine cool down to where you can safely swap out the injectors, or let them do it for you. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Time to Super Charge My Camaro