Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Thanks to BECK, HKE and LMR, 937 rwhp 800 rwtq pump gas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 05:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02WSSICK
the 20psi was on the dyno only, the max boost it saw on the street it was about 15-16 psi, still kinda high on pump gas i guess, plus you never know what you really get at the pump. i will make some changes for the next one.

yes, there was some signs of detonation, i was expecting head-head gasket issues before doing this.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. It cracked my forged piston & split the block. I think the gasket gave a little because there was some black gunk showing on the outside of the head gasket area. I re-used everthing, just got a new block and piston/rings. The stock 317 head checked out OK. I image they must be tough as hell to take that amount of pressure.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a meth kit should of been in the mix while running on the pump.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Just read everything! Kick *** build man with some kick *** numbers. But know one has asked the one question I want to know. How much did that Beck intake cost you? I currently have the Fast 102mm and TB. I don't have everything together yet. Some has told me not to use the Fast with my build. Not sure about it. I called Fast and they told me that it would hold up and they would stand behind that intake to do what I want it to do. But I really love that Beck intake you have. Also What MM is it?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by craig382ci
Just read everything! Kick *** build man with some kick *** numbers. But know one has asked the one question I want to know. How much did that Beck intake cost you? I currently have the Fast 102mm and TB. I don't have everything together yet. Some has told me not to use the Fast with my build. Not sure about it. I called Fast and they told me that it would hold up and they would stand behind that intake to do what I want it to do. But I really love that Beck intake you have. Also What MM is it?
price depends on options and your application, he doesn't have intakes on the shelf per say, everything is custom, price starts about 2.4-2.5k i believe
Old 01-26-2011, 10:02 PM
9 Second Club

Damn shame on the detonation. Sorry to hear that. I don't run above 14PSI on pump gas. I do 110 at the track when I'm running running full out with no issues so far.

What's your compression ratio and what timing did you run at your max boost levels? All those things will affect how far you can take that motor to before you see detonation. I'm at 8.7:1 CR. I max boost at 23PSI to get my 908RWHP.

On your block decision I'd say no matter what block you get if you get serious detonation it's going to let go. But since you need a new block I'd go with something that gives you more bolts per cylinder to give you better clamping force and eliminate any worries there. Also if you really want to run on pump gas then I'd choose a pretty low compression ratio also.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
Damn shame on the detonation. Sorry to hear that. I don't run above 14PSI on pump gas. I do 110 at the track when I'm running running full out with no issues so far.

What's your compression ratio and what timing did you run at your max boost levels? All those things will affect how far you can take that motor to before you see detonation. I'm at 8.7:1 CR. I max boost at 23PSI to get my 908RWHP.

On your block decision I'd say no matter what block you get if you get serious detonation it's going to let go. But since you need a new block I'd go with something that gives you more bolts per cylinder to give you better clamping force and eliminate any worries there. Also if you really want to run on pump gas then I'd choose a pretty low compression ratio also.
cr on that motor was 9.3:1, never ran over 16 psi on pump gas on the street, plan was to take it to strip and run c16 at 20 psi, didnt quite make to the track that day. i believe timing was a little aggressive being at 16-17 degress for pump, i was also pushing my fuel system (probably not at 16 psi) but duty cycle was very high, i guess you live and learn, unfurnally when it comes to racing there is not a cheap lesson lol

i kinda wanted to lower my cubes to help my turbo being more efficient, since crank and rods were in excellent condition im just going to use the same rotating assembly, lsx block at 4.030 bore sounds pretty strong to me, im giong with diff heads as well.
believe me, no more pump gas for me!!! i had enough
Old 01-27-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like you needed a better tune and some meth when running the pump gas. If you are going with a different type of block. I would suggest you talk to Sean @ ERL. Research there work on here. You will not find anyone that has bought there blocks saying anything bad about them or I didn't. ERL will be doing the LS6 long block 427 super deck l for me. They will be doing the top end also. Working my AFR 225 heads to accommodate a 1/2 bolt for max strength. Being I don't want to deal with trying to sale them in order to have 6 bolt heads. The cost seems to be pretty reasonable. Sean will work with you anyway he can. He will not try and act like he knows everything. If he don't know something right off he will find out and let you know. That is my 2 cents. They are other respectable engine builders on here as well. You really just will have to search them out and see what one sounds better and will fit your means the best.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh rough luck man. Contact AES about one of their boost 390 motors. 4.03" bore, 3.825 crank and thick pistons.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Launching!

turbo kit and sheetmetal intake are for sale, making a few changes
Attached Thumbnails Thanks to BECK, HKE and LMR, 937 rwhp 800 rwtq pump gas!!!-lsx.jpg  
Old 01-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Launching!

lol ,, turbo is the most addicting drug ,, "round three" i love it ..

Quick Reply: Thanks to BECK, HKE and LMR, 937 rwhp 800 rwtq pump gas!!!