Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

maxing out a F1 blower, aluminum or iron?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9sectruck
fireball made what kinda power out of is block?
1700ish FWHP lol. he couldnt get the boost to go any higher due to a restrictive downpipe. He did have some block fill but not in the area where it failed. The iron sleeve in the block split after he pounded on it for a while, drag radial race car.

street use and pump gas I would go with aluminum for your power goals, its just like any other block, tune carefully and use your head. get aggressive do something stupid and its pow pow chicken. a main girdle cant hurt and theyre not expensive, quality hardware etc etc
Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for all the inputs!!
well I laid in bed last night for hours pondering what to do.... I have a goal... I wanted to see my car go 10s with a bone stock engine with 13-14psi of boost being pushed threw her, well I came up with just putting some bearings,rod bolts, and main studs in her and putting it back together.
what do you guys think, (Im afraid that the stock rear end wont hold the 800-900 rwhp)
Old 03-01-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think that's a terrible idea. Your bottom end will be a ticking time bomb with 13-14 PSI of boost, and your rear end definitely won't hold 800-900 hp for long. Some have been lucky but they're the exception, not the rule. For the power you're looking for you pretty much don't have a choice but to be forged, sucks cuz that's how it is for me too

Quick Reply: maxing out a F1 blower, aluminum or iron?