Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Bye-bye bottle. Hello twins. LS Coupe refit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great, i love that tray you made.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. The tray allowed me to drop everything below the hood which is only 4" taller than a stock hood, and that's at the very back near the windshield. And I needed to keep the full radius of the pipe so I could weld on the V-band flanges. I also hate smoke in the car after a burnout. When this was a nitrous car, I had zero smoke in the car after a burnout... And I want to keep it that way for the street and the track.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

pretty sure burnouts on the street are illegal...
Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Few more mock up pics. All the plumbing should be done by the end of the week. I also added an extra brace to the turbo. I don't think it would ever move the way I had it, but a extra bracket off the radiator support won't hurt anything....

Old 06-28-2011, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
how bout a pic or two of that sweet lookin sand rail on the right? coming along nicely
I'd love to see the sand buggy too.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRracing
Not much to see, really. The back half, including the engine has been removed. If I think about it when I get it back together I'll take a pic of it.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRracing
You aksed for them. Buggy pics>
Old 07-02-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Intercooler is plumbed up. I think the quick disconnect drop tray thingy worked out very well. Now have have to send all the parts out for coating.

Now I am pretty much dead in the water until my ERL block is done. I also sent my intake up to Wilson manifolds for get some work done on it. I'll post some pics of that when I get it back.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

this is one sick build!!!! please keep the updates and the pictures coming
Old 07-05-2011, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

I'm liking the updates. The setup continues to look better and better.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Larry @ AMS
I'm liking the updates. The setup continues to look better and better.
Thanks, Larry. And if I ever find an "end" to this freakin' thing it will be a fun car. LOL! But that's going to be the biggest hurdle I'll have to overcome... Finding out when enough is enough. I could have been done with this thing a lot sooner if I would just settle for a little less of everything. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I gotta add "just one one thing" over and over. ...
Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

THis is looking very clean! I like it alot!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSmonster
Thanks, Larry. And if I ever find an "end" to this freakin' thing it will be a fun car. LOL! But that's going to be the biggest hurdle I'll have to overcome... Finding out when enough is enough. I could have been done with this thing a lot sooner if I would just settle for a little less of everything. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I gotta add "just one one thing" over and over. ...
i do the same thing, but in the end you'll be happy you did. its what separates the cobbled together cars from the cars that have thought about all the details ahead of time.

Last edited by kmracer; 07-05-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got a few things taken care of but I'm still waiting on my block. Can't do much more until I get that. But I did send my intake to Wilson Manifolds to have a little work done on it. They improved air flow distribution so I'm looking forward to trying it out. Of course it won't be as perfect as one of their purpose build Sheet Metal intakes, but they moved the air a LOT closer to being equal (runner to runner) than where it started. Give Wilson Manifolds a call if you want more information about this modification.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:02 AM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What did they charge to complete the work?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick buildup! I like how the intercooler piping came out. That tray was a great idea. I assume its all hidden under the cowl hood?
Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Phil, I don't want to quote any pricing because I'm sure it changes from intake to intake and there were some other things they can do that I opted to do myself to save money. But for those folks that don’t have the tools to do that sorta stuff Wilson can do it for you.

I also had some pretty tight height requirements that they had to follow. I wanted everything to fit under my 4" hood... Others might not have that restriction so that could change the way Wilson can correct the airflow problem. One thing is for sure, you need a air flow bench to see and correct the problem.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LSmonster
Originally Posted by kmracer
i do the same thing, but in the end you'll be happy you did. its what separates the cobbled together cars from the cars that have thought about all the details ahead of time.
yep.. I know all about that and the planned budget goes into the garbage. I'm always big on looking as good or better then it runs
Old 08-19-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nothing new to report on this project, other than getting my turbo mount and intercooler brackets chromed... And we all know that's worth 10 extra HP

Right now, I'm still wanting on the block and that means I won't have enough time to get this thing ready for the LSX Fest next month. Just not enough time to build the motor, completely wiring the engine, tune it and setup the suspension... Just can't do it. So I'm bummed about that but there's nothing I can do about it... Maybe next year. :-/
Old 09-18-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Small update. I got my block back from ERL so I can get back to work on this project. (O-rings in the block and heads) and a few other block tricks. Just need to balance my rotating assembly and get to work.

I sent one of my heads to Jesel for mock up of a new set of rockers. I was a little concerned about the PRO Series exhaust rockers that are available for the ALL PRO heads, so Bob at Jesel is making me a complete new set that will include a steel body rocker for the exhaust side... No worry about breaking one of those suckers. I'll post up some picks when I get them.

I also received all of my wiring harnesses for the Holly Dominator EFI system. I ordered them direct from Holley so I would be sure to get the sensor connectors I'll be running... Hopefully it will be a painless hookup. Also got my rockers and pushrods.

Things yet to buy is a converter, injectors and maybe a new tranny. The tranny I have now will work fine, but I picked up another Coupe and I might just put the old nitrous engine and trans setup in the new Coupe... But that's just an idea. I've included a pic of of the car... It's Super clean very low mileage 93 Coupe just begging for attention... But that's for another day.

Quick Reply: Bye-bye bottle. Hello twins. LS Coupe refit.