Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

CBR F2 System First Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=madmax4499;15419659]you better check out TTI they are working on a twin kit right now for the f-body. turbo technology.[/QUOTE

Very true, they have a car in the shop now that's going to be the mock up.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=mike13;15419738]
Originally Posted by madmax4499
you better check out TTI they are working on a twin kit right now for the f-body. turbo technology.[/QUOTE

Very true, they have a car in the shop now that's going to be the mock up.

Instead of being a "tool" and posting something about a non sponsor about a product that doesn't yet exist and by the looks of their prices won't be even close to the one this thread is about, I took a different approach...

Since I'm a doer and not one that f##ks around, I did some leg work so to speak. I called Rob at modular turbo and started asking questions. I blew up his phone a few different times about random question and basically sized up his knowledge about performance in general. I was stoked about this kit because it was not going to jack up my car which only has 4700 miles on it. Yes that's 4 digits. I'm not going to consider standing up the radiator or any disfiguring thing like that to my car. Not because I can't. I just got through putting a 406 sbc/700R4 (both built by me) in my 88 Jeep Cherokee rock crawler. That was a tight fit. Anyway Rob was perfectly willing to talk with me and gave me all the time I needed, even though I'm sure he had so many tire kicking time wasting phone calls on this kit he was probably ready to say put up or shut up. So after I bothered him with my questions I turned to another source. I called Turbonetics and spoke to a guy there who when I told him what I was planning and where I was planning on getting it he told me "...that guy is very good at what he does. Whatever he told you to use then use it." So that answered that. With the leg work finished I did what any self respecting guy does, I mail him a check! Because like I wrote in the beginning, I don't f##k around.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tool,
Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=2000RATA;15423911]
Originally Posted by mike13

Instead of being a "tool" and posting something about a non sponsor about a product that doesn't yet exist and by the looks of their prices won't be even close to the one this thread is about, I took a different approach...

Since I'm a doer and not one that f##ks around, I did some leg work so to speak. I called Rob at modular turbo and started asking questions. I blew up his phone a few different times about random question and basically sized up his knowledge about performance in general. I was stoked about this kit because it was not going to jack up my car which only has 4700 miles on it. Yes that's 4 digits. I'm not going to consider standing up the radiator or any disfiguring thing like that to my car. Not because I can't. I just got through putting a 406 sbc/700R4 (both built by me) in my 88 Jeep Cherokee rock crawler. That was a tight fit. Anyway Rob was perfectly willing to talk with me and gave me all the time I needed, even though I'm sure he had so many tire kicking time wasting phone calls on this kit he was probably ready to say put up or shut up. So after I bothered him with my questions I turned to another source. I called Turbonetics and spoke to a guy there who when I told him what I was planning and where I was planning on getting it he told me "...that guy is very good at what he does. Whatever he told you to use then use it." So that answered that. With the leg work finished I did what any self respecting guy does, I mail him a check! Because like I wrote in the beginning, I don't f##k around.
TTI has been around along time and if they say they're working on something then they're working on it. As far as pricing the C5 & 5TH gen prices are very competitive and no reason to think the 4th gen won't be the same. Good luck with your purchase and keep us updated on your build.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 902 Likes on 643 Posts

2000RATA you better make a build thread!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:36 AM
FormerVendor

2000RATA is getting the same turbos that Adrian got (customer #1).
Ball bearing 6165's

With his planned motor, and the use of E85 I am expecting one seriously wicked combination.

I would expect well over 800hp with relatively low boost and incredibly quick spool up.

I really don't know how he is gonna hook up though, it is a 6 speed car
Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ModularTurbo/Chris, any plans on doing cast stainless steel manifolds for the TT kits? I have seen a few showing up on verious cars these days. They seem to offer tubular header type performance but with all the strength and heat retention of a cast manifold! Just an idea.

Chris.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The only other vender ive ever seen put up and deal with this much **** on a daily basis is Stano... Jeesh whats a guy got to do to get some respect! WTF is wrong with ppl coming in to the venders own thread and suggesting a NON vender setup....ridiculous.... Keep up the good work guys your products, services and prices are great!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I like this kit a lot and have been following every post. I doubt CBR is worried about TTI,
Old 09-23-2011, 01:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTi will do there thing and we will do ours.
To this point no one else has offered a kit this complete or flexible with turbo options
for these cars.

I don't understand the haters, they must be board i guess.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHRIS-CBRPerformance
TTi will do there thing and we will do ours.
To this point no one else has offered a kit this complete or flexible with turbo options
for these cars.

I don't understand the haters, they must be board i guess.
Nobodies hating, we haven't said anything that approaches the level you have unleashed towards some of the sponsors on this forum.

Someone brought up another company and I acknowledged they are working on a kit, totally different customer base. I apologize, he shouldn't have brought them up and I replied without thinking. No harm intended.

Last edited by mike13; 09-23-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ditto, The only thing i hate is when a company dosent like competition. it can only make us work harder and be better for our customers.

With that said. can i buy just the heat exchanger/fan combo, i dont need the electronics for it. assuming it is 3/4 in and out.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:10 PM
FormerVendor

Individual components of sub systems are not available for sale.

You can however buy the coldside of the TT kit for $2500 though.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

no thank you, i was going to copy your design anyway but i figured i would make a peace offering and buy something from you. it's all good. i still like your kit.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

You know the reason I bought this kit instead of trying to copy it is my time is valuable to me. A twin system is what I wanted. That decision was made. The price might seem shocking but even if you managed to build this yourself how much time would you spend and how long would the car be down while you did the mock/design? You will spend so close if not the same money you'd be a fool to try to copy it. The lit is installed for free so that is tome saved. Rather that spend countless hours beating your head against the wall, take yourself to work and put some overtime in.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

My point is if you spent as much time working overtime on whatever your source of income then you could pay for this kit and it's installed for the same money. And no mess or beating you head against the wall.

This was not meant against anyone just my logic for turning loose of this much all at once.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Feel free to copy it, as long as you aren't trying to sell it you won't violate our patents

Also, if you are planning on putting the turbos in the same location, you will run into some serious difficulty without our K member or your own version of it. I'm not saying its impossible BUT it would be close to it. It is somewhat possible if you forget about trying to gravity drain the turbos, BUT you will still be in trouble when it comes to putting air filter on the turbos.

If you need help or ideas on what to do please feel free to call me anytime. I would be glad to help you out if I can.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you, it "is" a well thought out kit, NO i dont want to copy your kit just the heat exchanger, I dont drive or own an f-body, my car is done, i just need a better way to pull heat out of the inter cooler water now that i put a water cooled trans cooler inline.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:42 PM
FormerVendor

If I were you I would look into a brass/copper heater core from a large truck.
Can be easily had at a pick and pull for not a whole lot of money.....
Old 09-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Will billet pt76ers work on this kit?

Quick Reply: CBR F2 System First Install