Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Greddy ProFec, BSpec II issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the solenoid needs pressure source, the instructions say it can be either way, "good pressure source" is what it says. But it also says you can use the manifold line.

BUT, the manifold line has to be T'd and plumbed to the controller, it needs to see Both vacuum and Positive pressure.

I used the compressor to my solenoid, and my manifold to my lower wastegate port and to the controller.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you also had problems with a manual boost controller?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Teching In

I'm just trying to eliminate problems for you dude...I've run this controller since I went turbo two years ago, and AFTER I figured out I had it installed wrong, I fixed it and it's been fine ever since. It is a great controller.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TheREALSmokin04
I'm just trying to eliminate problems for you dude...I've run this controller since I went turbo two years ago, and AFTER I figured out I had it installed wrong, I fixed it and it's been fine ever since. It is a great controller.
Oh, your fine bro. I know you are. lol. No biggie.

The controller is going back tomorrow. It has to be faulty. we shall see when the new one gets here.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by toretto
you also had problems with a manual boost controller?
No, we thought we did.

I have back pressure issues. I dont even need a reference to the bottom port get 7 psi. It will open all by its self and maintain it.

which made sense why, when using the MBC per the instructions, it wouldnt get more then 7lbs.

SO, i used it differently, i used it to apply pressure to the top of the gate, just like this EBC is supposed to be doing, but isnt. And it worked well. It was just far to touchy and a too much a pain in the *** to make adjustments.

Quick Reply: Greddy ProFec, BSpec II issues