Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best Shops In Nor-Cal? Procharger Low 9's Build...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:02 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Best Shops In Nor-Cal? Procharger Low 9's Build...

Howdy Fellas,

Recently acquired a pristine camaro ss well built. Debating on the Procharger kit to go with. Looking for low 9 setup possible high 8. Anyone recommend any shops here in California that have substantial experience with ProCharger setups, forged motors, suspension, driveline, tuning, fuel systems etc. My setup is unique by high compression. My last thread detailed running race fuel C16, a meth kit, and much larger injectors, pulling some timing. Any feeback is appreciated with actual experiences , I just don't have the time to do the build myself on this one so I would like to confirm I will get the results I anticipate. Needless to say, the few shops here locally tend to not appreciate business or the privilege of working on cars and after the build the car working as a marketing tool for them. Thanks...

Frank

Last edited by 1BADChev; 05-17-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been very happy with my work from Rick @ Synergy Motorsports in Fremont. He has done a few tunes for me over the years (Procharger and Turbo). I've been running one of his twin kits for the past three years without a single problem. I've seen quite a few hi-dollar Vette and F-Body Procharger builds at his shop and his work always looks top-notch. His last twin build at his shop was a 427 SS Silverado that's pushing 1k AWHP and he always has two or three major builds going on when ever I stop by.

Rick
Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Take a look at some of the old threads on here by a very talented guy who goes by KP
KP got into the 8's with a D-1SC and went deeper into the 8's with an F-1A. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

Force Fed Performance is where I get all my work done. They have many 8-9 second cars that come out of there.

Keith and Billy really know there stuff. They specialize in late model LS vehicles.

PM me if you want anymore info.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

I have all my work done with Rick @ Synergy Motorsports. He's not only one of the best tuners in the area (my opinion) he also does build work, custom fabrication, suspension... etc.

All of his machine work on full builds is done by Daves Engine and Machine which is a very reputable shop.... theyve done machine work/builds for people like Dave Bowman.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Take a look at some of the old threads on here by a very talented guy who goes by KP
KP got into the 8's with a D-1SC and went deeper into the 8's with an F-1A. Bob
Hey Bob, Didnt find anything. If you by any chance track the info down I am interested in working with someone who has more track car experience etc.

ForceFed I have heard many great things about, as for Synergy there has been some ups and downs there. None the less I have nothing against Rick personally he installed a cam in one of my first F-body cars back in 02. Anyhow just want target someone more seasoned for the build. Sorry to say I havent heard or seen any 9 sec cars come out of Ricks shop. As for Newtec and Forcefed they do have the track record. I may just not be in the loop.

Anyone have experience with Calspeed and Perfomance out of Bakersfield? Jim seems like a stand up guy so far...

Thx for the feedback...
Old 05-19-2011, 05:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1BADChev
Hey Bob, Didnt find anything. If you by any chance track the info down I am interested in working with someone who has more track car experience etc.

ForceFed I have heard many great things about, as for Synergy there has been some ups and downs there. None the less I have nothing against Rick personally he installed a cam in one of my first F-body cars back in 02. Anyhow just want target someone more seasoned for the build. Sorry to say I havent heard or seen any 9 sec cars come out of Ricks shop. As for Newtec and Forcefed they do have the track record. I may just not be in the loop.

Anyone have experience with Calspeed and Perfomance out of Bakersfield? Jim seems like a stand up guy so far...

Thx for the feedback...

Here is a thread with his Firehawk. https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ht=d-1sc+8%27s
He ran faster with the Trans-Am, but he wanted to keep his Firehawk more of a driver. Bob

Old 05-19-2011, 05:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...-inch-etc.html

Here is a thread when Kevin put the '98 Trans-Am up for sale. Bob

Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

newtech, hands down
Old 08-10-2011, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pdasterly
newtech, hands down
What he said!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theo Dec of Wizard Racing in Woodland, just finished a 412" Ls1 with a F1R that just went 5.50's shaking it down. He knows his stuff.

and not to be a dick, because I love Billy over at Force Fed, They have not had "many" 8 second cars out of there, not one Ls powered that I know of.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:14 PM
9 Second Club

Frank:

I don't know much about the shops listed and have nothing negative to say about them...except I do believe Jim at Cal Speed does some nice work. I've seen some of his cars at Bakersfield and he seems knowledgable on LS set ups. Rick at Synergy seems to have his followers and Dave's machine is reputable as a machine shop but they did not build Dave Bowman's motor. That motor was build by Proline in Georgia.

In regards to what Cameron has said Theo Dec at Wizard Racing has been a huge part of my build. Kurt Urban built the motor and Theo has done everything else on the car; chassis, 25.3 chromoly cage, motor install, Procharger set up, FAST XFI set up and tuning, fabrication, etc... Theo even took the heads off when we had a minor issue with the valvetrain, troubleshooted the problem with Kurt, and put it back together. Theo is a wealth of knowledge and is very through and meticulous. I will say that he does not tune any factory LS1 computers but knows his stuff when it comes to tuning FAST XFI, BS3, Accel DFI, etc...

PM me if you want more details.

Originally Posted by 1BADChev

Thx for the feedback...
Old 08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
9 Second Club

May I add this. There is a reason I drive all the way from So Cal to Sac/Woodland to work with Theo. Here is my build thread to look at too.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ger-f1c-7.html

Best of luck on your build.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
Theo Dec of Wizard Racing in Woodland, just finished a 412" Ls1 with a F1R that just went 5.50's in the 1/8th mile shaking it down. He knows his stuff.

and not to be a dick, because I love Billy over at Force Fed, They have not had "many" 8 second cars out of there, not one Ls powered that I know of.
Fixed it for you Cam. Otherwise I'd be asking for the LS World Record in my name.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:26 AM
TECH Regular

newtech performance does all my tunes on my ls1 rx7 and my turbo camaro =)

Quick Reply: Best Shops In Nor-Cal? Procharger Low 9's Build...