Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

98-02 F body single hot side turbo kits starting at $799

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam86
Is that a boost controller attached to your blowoff valve?
No. If you look at the last picture I posted it totally looks that way, but if you look at the first picture, you'll see it doesn't. Good looking out though.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

Ha gotcha! Sorry about that, had me thinking I did something wrong lol. Engine bay looks great man. I love that shroud.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doobie52
Unless I go and have another set of lines made up, I really don't have any choice. I had to get a couple of 45* fittings just to get it to fit with the intake manifold. Seems to be better suited for a single plane intake manifold.
You know I always thought this was for single planes and then I saw on his site recently that it ask if you'll be using it with a fast intake.

When you ordered yours did you specify? Would like to know the difference.

Your engine bay looks nice though man
Old 08-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
You know I always thought this was for single planes and then I saw on his site recently that it ask if you'll be using it with a fast intake.

When you ordered yours did you specify? Would like to know the difference.

Your engine bay looks nice though man
Thank you!

When I ordered my setup a month ago, there were no options on the web page for people with the LSXr intake. I even called to order it over the phone but the guy I spoke with told me they didn't take phone orders and to just use the website. Oh well. My local speed shop had the fittings in stock so it wasn't that big of a deal. It would have been nice to have longer lines for the two corners where the 45* fittings have to be angled outwards but I made it work. My only real complaint about the setup is that it should have come with a -6AN not a -4AN outlet to go to the radiator. I bought that for it too. Still a great investment for the price. I see another sponsor just came out with their own water vapor collection setup, and they sure must be proud of it for what they're charging!

Last edited by Doobie52; 08-06-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Adam86
Engine bay looks great man. I love that shroud.
Thanks man. I really enjoyed reading your build thread. I'd love to see some videos of the car running when you get it all sorted out.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doobie52
Thank you!

When I ordered my setup a month ago, there were no options on the web page for people with the LSXr intake. I even called to order it over the phone but the guy I spoke with told me they didn't take phone orders and to just use the website. Oh well. My local speed shop had the fittings in stock so it wasn't that big of a deal. It would have been nice to have longer lines for the two corners where the 45* fittings have to be angled outwards but I made it work. My only real complaint about the setup is that it should have come with a -6AN not a -4AN outlet to go to the radiator. I bought that for it too. Still a great investment for the price. I see another sponsor just came out with their own water vapor collection setup, and they sure must be proud of it for what they're charging!
Yeahhh, plus its single plane only. I was looking on YB at some of the set-ups guys are doing with their FAST intakes. Most of those guys are running braided lines around the perimeter of the intake to a Y and then running it to the steam port. This is the first time I have seen a KU one used with the FAST. I like the look of the collector its a nice looking piece. I just wish it could be set to one side (nothing a custom line couldn't fix) just seems like they would have designed it a bit better like you said with longer lines on one side. It could sit near the passenger side fuel rail and still be plenty high to do the job.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does this kit require an oil pump? It looks like it places the turbo pretty low.

Quick Reply: 98-02 F body single hot side turbo kits starting at $799