Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GMHTP - Standing Mile build (88mm, 370... 200+mph)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know I'm liking this down pipe idea. I'm might look into this for my project. Lol.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

awesome!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

should be a bad *** ride! cant wait to see how it does
Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

i started following this in the ma, its def different. I like the hot side alot, its nice fab work.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:54 AM
8 Second Club

This is a pretty neat build. I heard something about you guys doing this a while back. I'm glad to see that it's not just rumor.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very much like Tony Palos integra. The upside down pipe

Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump.... any updates?
Old 12-10-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TTAWD
Sell mags?

Kinda agree here, helps the LS platform grow, and hopfully prices on parts get cheaper over time. Not everyone gets on tech, believe it or not... nice project!!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Wow, time flies! It has been a long while since our last update but we are inching ever closer to getting out on the runway!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Another awesome build. Sick. loving the standing mile plans. Best wishes, rendering looks dope
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Jenson
IIRC, in the article it said the DP is aluminium? How is that gonna work? Or did I read it wrong? The mag is at work, I like to dream on lunch break
yep, Aluminum downpipe... We hope that it will stand up to the abuse but only time (and fire) will tell.

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Any updates??
Yes, finally!

Originally Posted by narx66gmc
what a cool location for the turbo!! thi sis abeautiful build and the rendering looks awesome!!
Thanks, we can't wait to put the bumper back on.

Originally Posted by stangtrader
Sick build can't wait to see more
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sandmann120
Very cool build. Can't wait to see more.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by JAX04
You know I'm liking this down pipe idea. I'm might look into this for my project. Lol.
Do it and send us pictures!

Originally Posted by DFas
awesome!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
should be a bad *** ride! cant wait to see how it does
We can't wait to see what it does either... hopefully we will know more about the engine/turbo system soon!

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
i started following this in the ma, its def different. I like the hot side alot, its nice fab work.
Thanks, the crew at Vengeance Racing has done a great job so far.

Originally Posted by 01Z28Camaro
Justin is there any way I can get the fbx file for my drag racing game?
Sorry 01Z28, we only have the rendering in .jpg form... It would be awesome to see it in a game!

Originally Posted by Louis
Very much like Tony Palos integra. The upside down pipe
Hopefully we can run like Tony's Integra! His car has certainly influenced parts of this build...

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
Bump.... any updates?
Yep, we're moving right along!

Last month, Charlie Hill and Jay Healy of Vengeance Racing tackled the front suspension on our project, which consisted of a couple killer parts from UMI Performance and AFCO. We chose to run UMI's full "road race" style front suspension on the WS6 along with AFCO's remote mount Elite Pro Touring coilovers, which should give us a nice stance, killer handling and the ability to tune everything in once on track.

Installing the coilovers took a little more work than usual, but we think the effort will be well worth it come 200+mph time. You can read more about all of that here, on our website.

We've also spent a great deal of time welding everything in the engine bay, which we haven't shown in the magazine yet...

Lastly - and I probably shouldn't be showing you these - we have started work on SALT's power plant, which is going to be a wicked sub-400 inch monster built by ProLine Racing and Vengeance. We can't divulge too much right now but I will say its got all the goodies from Diamond, Lunati, TrickFlow/TEA and ProLine... Here is a little teaser (sorry for the terrible cell phone shot)...

Last edited by Justin@GMHTP; 12-15-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Gotta take my hat off to gm
Old 02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

UPDATES!

I know it's been a little bit here but we've been working away with the crew at Vengeance and ProLine Racing to get the standing mile motor complete. These two shops have been amazing to work with and getting a chance to sit down with Eric Dillard, Tim Lynch, Ron Mowen and Jay Healy was informative, to say the least. Lots of great tech on the way from these guys and we're working on getting the engine on the dyno soon!

6.0-liter iron block with 1/2-inch Kurt Urban (ARP) head studs, machined in house by the crew at ProLine.

ARP main studs, Calico coated bearings

Lunati’s Pro Series 3.622-inch crankshaft (gorgeous)...

With matching Lunati Pro-Series rods

And, of course, custom Diamond pistons with double hard anodized moly coating

We're looking at 370 cubic-inches, 10.2:1 compression and 8000-ish RPM... more on that and the Steve Petty custom solid roller camshaft soon!

To see more, check out the latest issue of GMHTP or head over to our website. Of course, if you need anything else answered, post up and I will do the best I can do get it figured out.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is a sexy build and im not hating on it at all, i just gotta ask, why not merge the wastegate with the primary downpipe? seems like less work and a cleaner look.. but thats just me... sweeeeeeet car man!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

love this build, and i really love how i can see the pictures out here all the way in afgan! they dont sell the mag out here so finding new info in the real world is kinda scarce! thanks for the awsome updates
Old 02-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Launching!

I'd still take the ls9 fbody over this one
Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Thats one bad ride! No doubt 200+ shouldnt be very hard at all. Although, no offense or anything but Im itching to see some LSx guys get serious and start challenging the UGR Lambos and mainly the Ford GTs. Right now, IIRC, the fastest car in the mile is a Ford GT with ~1900hp at 269mph. The GT is a helluva car, and very aerodynamic so its going to take some serious effort to get a F-body or Vette competitive with that. Hell if I could afford it, Id buy one of those RHS 468 LSX`s from Proline, set it in a vette with twin 88s and get to work!

Obviously easier said than done tho.......
Old 02-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that looks amazing.
Nice fab work, those pipes look great.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Reject - PM me your address over there in Afghanistan and I will see if we can't put a couple back issues in the mail for you. Thanks for serving, it's a honor to have you even comment on the build!

JB - No offense taken, we wish we could go out and run with the lambo guys but it just isn't in the game plan for this go around. That said, have you seen LMR's twin-turbo Camaro? It's more than capable of running with those 'other' cars and held the Texas record for quite some time... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYGK2WU0ZLk

Tig - Thanks, the Vengeance Racing crew did an excellent job with the fabrication.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reject...shoot me a pm...I'm out here too. Nice build and glad to see some progress! GMHTP sells out fast out here! lol
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cool to see this on here. I subscribe to GMHTP and have been following along the issues as well. I like where this is going.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Not sure if this is a DUMB question , Since nobody has asked but .....What are the notches in the Downpipe and Wastegate exits for? Ive never seen that before and it looks like they were very specific and very planed cuts.

Quick Reply: GMHTP - Standing Mile build (88mm, 370... 200+mph)