Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Spool and power difference w/twins pt6765 vs tc76

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want something that will spool fast you can buy my twin 6262's.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
If you want something that will spool fast you can buy my twin 6262's.
ha ha...i had twin 6262's when i was rear mounted and they do spool fast!! Thanks for your help over the last couple years when i was trying to get the rear mount system to work!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I sent the turbo back to precision for a warranty repair. I bought it in jan 2011 so it is fairly new but it has a bent shaft.... the billet wheel was slightly touching the housing. I think i will just keep these 6765 turbo's and see what it runs at the track. I should hit my 8.9's goal with these and will update to a larger turbo if i get bored later. Thanks guys

p.s.... how does a shaft bend if it didn't injest anything into the turbo? I really have not pushed these turbo's yet.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no clue man, but I think you made a good choice by sticking with the turbo's you have. Those two are capable of making well more than I think what your looking to run. I bet you hit your goal and then some with those turbo's.

If you were going to go all out on it throw some 76's on there like I have, then it will really come alive!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just hung up the phone with dennis at precision, he said the turbo looked like it was torqued and put in a bind which in turn bent the shaft and hurt the compressor and wheel. Pretty messed up according to him. I don't know what could have happened but he did say he was going to warranty it. Maybe i need poly mounts so the engine doesn't torque over as much....Anyway, i'll be back in action next week. Thanks for all the help guys
Old 07-14-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TracyRR
just hung up the phone with dennis at precision, he said the turbo looked like it was torqued and put in a bind which in turn bent the shaft and hurt the compressor and wheel. Pretty messed up according to him. I don't know what could have happened but he did say he was going to warranty it. Maybe i need poly mounts so the engine doesn't torque over as much....Anyway, i'll be back in action next week. Thanks for all the help guys

???
he means when it was assembled...
Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crashly
???
he means when it was assembled...
no, he was suggesting that the way i have it mounted was causing some sort of "side load" on the compressor side and ended up putting the wheels in a bind. Something like the engine moving (torquing) under load and the turbo was possibly being shoved into the frame. That did not happen but that is the best i can describe what he said. thanks
Old 07-14-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TracyRR
no, he was suggesting that the way i have it mounted was causing some sort of "side load" on the compressor side and ended up putting the wheels in a bind. Something like the engine moving (torquing) under load and the turbo was possibly being shoved into the frame. That did not happen but that is the best i can describe what he said. thanks
aaahhhhhh
must have been the accent....understand now

Quick Reply: Spool and power difference w/twins pt6765 vs tc76