Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on this?
Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Banned

Lots of changes to the original Plan. Under wraps for now.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 PM
LC
TECH Resident

Glad I'm not the only one
Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LC
Glad I'm not the only one
Yeah its a bad thing that happen. But it is at least a good thing that Josh is going to make things right for everyone. Now that I got to view the list that he put up on here. They didn't get that much of my stuff. They just got my Bosh 160lbs injectors and AEM Injector driver. So that should not slow the work on my car. He has some welding work to do on the car. Then off to paint. Once that is done things should go rather smoothly. But I've not spoke with Josh yet since he put the list of items that got stolen.

I have the up most confidence that Josh will make things right with everyone. But like he said it is going to take time. Not a over night fix. I hate that this happen to him. But what can you do? You can't stop a thief, If they want something bad enough.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant stop em, but hopefully theyll get caught. those who steal are usually those closest to you.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Any updates on this project?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Ask me that in about 3 months.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The shop didnt have any coverage for personal property of others or garagekeepers coverage? I havent herd the story but the shop should have propper insurance coverage.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tboysen00
The shop didnt have any coverage for personal property of others or garagekeepers coverage? I havent herd the story but the shop should have propper insurance coverage.
well. the thing is he has always had coverage, however he had just moved into a new location, and was awaiting the adjuster to come out and make an appraisal so he could GET the insurance. Totally understandable.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
well. the thing is he has always had coverage, however he had just moved into a new location, and was awaiting the adjuster to come out and make an appraisal so he could GET the insurance. Totally understandable.
Hmm, I am a commercial underwriter for a company in MN and write many auto repair shops and in order to add coverage we do not need an apprasial or an adjuster. However, it may be different state to state and due to this type of exposure I am guessing the insurance is placed with an excess and surplus lines carrier.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tboysen00
Hmm, I am a commercial underwriter for a company in MN and write many auto repair shops and in order to add coverage we do not need an apprasial or an adjuster. However, it may be different state to state and due to this type of exposure I am guessing the insurance is placed with an excess and surplus lines carrier.
and I may not have the story 100% but then again, that is what I had read about it. I would have hoped that his insurance from the old shop had carried over to the new on in a grace period sort of fashion while waiting on the adjuster. If it were me, I would be going after the insurance company.

All that matters now, is that he make things right. It must be real hard to try and earn a living while replacing thousands of dollars of parts to keep your reputation all because of some low lives. The OP was hardly affected as far as missing parts goes, but I cannot say the same for the rest of the customers. Either way, if I ever do a turbo system. My car is going to see Josh.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 AM
TECH Regular

Josh was already established at this shop. However, he got the rest of the building that he was/is renting so as to extend the size of his shop. According to Josh his insurances dropped him during the period of redoing his policy, where he added to the size of his shop. They didn't tell him this information, so he wasn't aware of it. He was under the impression that his "at the time" current policy was still standing. They was suppose to send someone out to his shop to look everything over. Then they were to make the adjustments to his insurance policy. This is what I understood during our conversation. If I got any of this wrong or misunderstood him in any way, he can tune in and tell what I got wrong.

Yeah I was hardly effected by this event. They got my injectors and a injector driver box. The injector driver box I was going to sale. The injectors cost was about $1000. But things could have been much much worse than it was for everyone! Thank God it wasn't.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Launching!

So when do you plan on receiving the turbo kit?
Old 08-13-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2nasty
So when do you plan on receiving the turbo kit?
Josh is handling everything that is to be done to the car. He will be building the kit, cage, installation of the AES LSX 410 engine, twin turbo kit, stage 3 4L80E trasn w/3800 stall Precision Industries Torque Converter, Custom driveline, Moser 9", all suspension and chassis parts, complete brake upgrade and taking the car to have it custom painted ect ect. The list is to long for me to put everything down. But you get the ideal.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

I can't come out and give a date on when this will be done. But I am hoping that everything will be done by sometime in Nov. 2012. I went to check things out on June 8. They was 2 cars that he was finishing up. He told me then that he should have my car done in 3 months after he got done with those 2 cars and he didn't like much being done then. But since then he has had lack of help problems. So I might just go and help him out on it. Cause the car has been their for over a year and everything is paid for. I have been working,saving and buying parts for many years now. I would like to get my car done before the end of the year.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by craig382ci
I can't come out and give a date on when this will be done. But I am hoping that everything will be done by sometime in Nov. 2012. I went to check things out on June 8. They was 2 cars that he was finishing up. He told me then that he should have my car done in 3 months after he got done with those 2 cars and he didn't like much being done then. But since then he has had lack of help problems. So I might just go and help him out on it. Cause the car has been their for over a year and everything is paid for. I have been working,saving and buying parts for many years now. I would like to get my car done before the end of the year.
Great Idea. He could use the help. If I lived closer id put some nights in over there speeding things up for him.

I am astonished the stage 3 will hold twins with a 410! who is building that for you? or are you planning on running low boost. I figured youd be heading for well over 1000 with that sort of setup and follow up with a matching trans. details!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Great Idea. He could use the help. If I lived closer id put some nights in over there speeding things up for him.

I am astonished the stage 3 will hold twins with a 410! who is building that for you? or are you planning on running low boost. I figured youd be heading for well over 1000 with that sort of setup and follow up with a matching trans. details!
It is already built. I will try and find the info on it. I can remember talking to the guy and he asked me how much power to the wheels I was going to be putting down. Told him anywhere from 1200 to 1400. He said he would put the best of everything in it so it would hold up. He told me everything then and it's all on the build sheet. That was about 3 years ago. I remember he said it would have Billet Clutch Hub and Billet output shaft and a stage3 shift kit.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't totally agree with that, the other company I work for we need a certificate of insurance for most sites before we even step foot on a customers property, at minimum.

Last edited by Fraser588; 08-14-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

What a nightmare. Someone wake me up and tell me it was a dream. Good luck on your project.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Please no more talk about what happen pertaining to the break in at his shop or the insurance deal. Whats done is done. He is trying to make things right and if you take your car out of his hands then he can't. Enough said, at least on my thread. Thank you

Quick Reply: AES 410c.i. LSX & KY-Turbo