Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AES 410c.i. LSX & KY-Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overhauling

the only problem with overhauling is that the car MUST be running before they even consider you.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craig382ci
Thanks My6speedZ for the links. I never can find things I am looking for on here. Some good stuff in them. I think I might have found one I liked. I just hope my friend can weld as good as he said. Thanks again!
No problem bud

Originally Posted by SoCal01z28
Overhaulin?!? the end result would be worth it if the poor guy didn't have a heart attack after his friends/family let him know that his car was stolen after all this....
I really LOL'd at this.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Ok so I went to try and get some things bolted up today. I got ARP intake bolts the other day. My friend stopped by cause we was going to try setting the motor down in the car. My friend noticed before I opened the package of ARP bolts. He said them will not work with that victor Jr intake and he was right. We took a stock intake bolt and it was way to long. Does anyone know a part # for the correct ARP bolt or any others that I can use?

Then I went to install the valve covers and notice that one of my gaskets was cut into. I wonder who would have done that ? So I went and got another set.

Then I went to put them on the motor and one of my valve cover bolts was bent. Like someone put it in a vice and hit it with a hammer.

It was at this time that I said screw it and walked away from it. I don't like trying to work on stuff when I'm mad like that.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone that is running a victor jr. intake. If you can I would like to obtain a part # to the right size ARP bolt. I don't want to settle for your typical hardware store bolt. If you don't have a part # for the ARP bolts and you have a good quality part # bolt would like that info. I would also like to hear about what everyone has used as well.

All so I was told to stay away from stainless steal bolts because they would seize up. Anyone know if that is true?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by craig382ci
Ok so I went to try and get some things bolted up today. I got ARP intake bolts the other day. My friend stopped by cause we was going to try setting the motor down in the car. My friend noticed before I opened the package of ARP bolts. He said them will not work with that victor Jr intake and he was right. We took a stock intake bolt and it was way to long. Does anyone know a part # for the correct ARP bolt or any others that I can use?

Then I went to install the valve covers and notice that one of my gaskets was cut into. I wonder who would have done that ? So I went and got another set.

Then I went to put them on the motor and one of my valve cover bolts was bent. Like someone put it in a vice and hit it with a hammer.

It was at this time that I said screw it and walked away from it. I don't like trying to work on stuff when I'm mad like that.
Funny on the cut valve cover gasket. I had one on mine too, when I opened it up. Not saying a certain someone did that, but it ran like a champ when it was delivered, and didn't leak a drop. Hmmm

Quick Reply: AES 410c.i. LSX & KY-Turbo