Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Work In Progress: '98 F-Body TVS2300

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Work In Progress: '98 F-Body TVS2300

What do you guys think of this project? It is still a little rough around the edges, but getting closer to completion!

TVS2300 in my 98 Camaro has been somewhat of a challenge, but not too bad. I have some fab work to do yet, but it is getting close.

I will try to post some more pics when I am closer to the finish.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any more info on the motor setup?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Very nice. More info
Old 08-03-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98BLOWNZ28
any more info on the motor setup?
Also curious. Sick setup nonetheless...
Old 08-03-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

lookin good. keep us updated
Old 08-03-2011, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

How much did u have to cut the cowl and how much did u have to lower the k member
Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Motor is the same one in my signature. The camshaft is the same LSR cam, but ground on a 115 LSA. It is basically being used to test run & fit everything.
We have an ERL Superdeck block as a foundation for the future motor. This LSX block is going in my son's 99 corvette after we get the other motor built.

There was NO lowering of the k-member. Motor is in the stock location. TVS Kit was for an '05 GTO. I used most of the parts, but will have a few things left over.

Cowl was cut all the way back appoximately the width of the motor to make way for the maggie. I left the rear center cowl support to help with possible stress support for the windshield. There is still some trimming and smoothing that need to be done in that area. Of course I have to use Rain-X for wipers now. I have an extra plastic cowl cover that will be trimed to fit the area. The hood will be the next challenge.

More to come later.

Last edited by Deeavi; 08-03-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn that is sick. Talk about one in a million, well besides that one from GMHTP a year or two ago. That was the only other one I've ever seen although I'm sure there are a couple more out there....
Old 08-05-2011, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought mine was a nightmare, I could only imagine yours...looks nice though.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Damn that is sick. Talk about one in a million, well besides that one from GMHTP a year or two ago. That was the only other one I've ever seen although I'm sure there are a couple more out there....
right?! glad to see someone have the ***** to do it.
just thinking about all that low end torque i wanna
Old 08-05-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98BLOWNZ28
right?! glad to see someone have the ***** to do it.
just thinking about all that low end torque i wanna
Thanks for the comments guys. Everytime I change one thing I have to change something else. I bought an 02 PCM and another harness to put in the car and have had nothing but problems. I believe I bought a bad harness. I had a friend re-pin it for me, but can't get it to run right. I made right at 500 rwhp with FAST 102/102 and the 98 PCM, so I am going to go back to that PCM until I get a good working re-pinned harness.
I ordered a one from bigboykilroy. Hopefully that will eliminate the wiring problems. Maybe by September we will have it figured out.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:05 AM
10 Second Club

Oh no I gave props to a Carolina fan!!! 7 years bad luck!!!! AGHHH!!!

I grew up in Seneca, SC for 20 years so you can probably smell the distaste coming from your screen right about....now!

lol jk man awesome build.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Idk why more folks don't do supercharger builds like this...you're either cutting up the frame to stand up the radiator, or space the kmember and trim the cowl to get a badass blower on top! Each has it's own "hacking" lol to fit.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is one of the upgrades in my future plans. Yours looks awesome so far. I have a MP112 for now. I did lower the k member so I could keep the wipers though. Is there any chance that you could have lowered it a little and reduced the amount of trimming to have kept them in place?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6sleeper
Idk why more folks don't do supercharger builds like this...you're either cutting up the frame to stand up the radiator, or space the kmember and trim the cowl to get a badass blower on top! Each has it's own "hacking" lol to fit.
Mainly because without wipers you won't pass inspection and alot of people DD thier car on here. I removed mine for a 5" VFN extended to the windshield hood but may ditch that to have a "Streetcar" again.

Awesome build that thing should move out like a freighttrain.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
This is one of the upgrades in my future plans. Yours looks awesome so far. I have a MP112 for now. I did lower the k member so I could keep the wipers though. Is there any chance that you could have lowered it a little and reduced the amount of trimming to have kept them in place?
Holy **** 540+ft. lbs. of torque at the feet!!! That thing must be an animal!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Holy **** 540+ft. lbs. of torque at the feet!!! That thing must be an animal!!!!
Mine? Yeah it will rock and roll. I'm trying get some 315's on it to hook better. 1st and 2nd gear are pretty much useless at WOT with 3:42's. The sad part is that I'm used to it now. My next goal is around 800 hp/tq.

Sorry for the hijack OP. I'm still interested in whether you think you could keep the windshield wipers if you had went with spacers?
Old 08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine? Yeah it will rock and roll. I'm trying get some 315's on it to hook better. 1st and 2nd gear are pretty much useless at WOT with 3:42's. The sad part is that I'm used to it now. My next goal is around 800 hp/tq.

Sorry for the hijack OP. I'm still interested in whether you think you could keep the windshield wipers if you had went with spacers?

Don't think I would be able to keep the wipers. There is just not enough room. The GTO kit places the blower on the backside of the engine. You may be able to use a different kit that places the blower more forward, but then you have to worry about pulley alignment. I got tired of cutting my arms up every time I worked at the back of the engine, so I cut the cowl and took the wipers off a couple of years ago. Don't currently have inspections where I live.

I don't drive the car every day. Mostly on weekends and occasionally to work. I don't drive it in the rain if i can help it. If I run into a shower rain-x works really well! I like a challenge, so that one of the reasons I did it. My plans are always in flux, and I may change them again. If I have to have wipers to drive it in the future, then I will have to re-evaluate my plans again.

UPDATE: Almost ready to go. After getting the harness staight I found that I have a couple of bad ignition coils and will replace them this week. Then we are going to try and cut the hood to make it fit

Later
Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Deeavi
Don't think I would be able to keep the wipers. There is just not enough room. The GTO kit places the blower on the backside of the engine. You may be able to use a different kit that places the blower more forward, but then you have to worry about pulley alignment. I got tired of cutting my arms up every time I worked at the back of the engine, so I cut the cowl and took the wipers off a couple of years ago. Don't currently have inspections where I live.

I don't drive the car every day. Mostly on weekends and occasionally to work. I don't drive it in the rain if i can help it. If I run into a shower rain-x works really well! I like a challenge, so that one of the reasons I did it. My plans are always in flux, and I may change them again. If I have to have wipers to drive it in the future, then I will have to re-evaluate my plans again.

UPDATE: Almost ready to go. After getting the harness staight I found that I have a couple of bad ignition coils and will replace them this week. Then we are going to try and cut the hood to make it fit

Later
What kind of power are you shooting for?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What kind of power are you shooting for?
The current motor was built for N/A with 10.8 compression. I really don't want to go past 5 psi for now. I am thinking 700+ at the flywheel.

The ERL block that we will be building later this year will be for boost, so that is when I will crank it up some.

Quick Reply: Work In Progress: '98 F-Body TVS2300