Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cog dyno/boost results.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

What about putting an automatic car in park while torquing the crank bolt?
Might work better than a flexplate holding tool.
Emphasis on might.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

MEGA COG POST LINK
Old 03-05-2004, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, if I have spacing issues I will get some longer bolts, I don't think I should have a problem now though......

Just need to get a Heli Coil kit and have the blower tapped w/that......

Jeremy, do they sell those allen head bolts at NAPA or other stores, where did you get yours?

-PICS ARE POSTED IN MY WEBSHOTS PAGE UNDER 2004 SETUP-

The flywheel holder played a BIG part in the install, we were about ready to give up at that point w/out that.....
Old 03-05-2004, 12:55 AM
Restricted User

2002-4.8 works to a point, then the torque comes into play, or so I have learned.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:56 AM
Restricted User

Jer, you thought I didnt read it already. Hell I read that one before I got in on this one. Didnt want to keep asking the same stuff already... Long one here already too.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...23111293HVLglW

Thats a direct link to one of the pics I shot, this shows the clearance w/the 3 washers per stand off you can look at in the other pics.....

That was with the blower mounted flush against the bracket w/out using the 5 provided ASP spacers....
Old 03-05-2004, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like its comin along good..... im saving all these pics to my desktop so i know were to find them when i start putting mine on....... went on pretty easy huh Bos..?
Kyle
Old 03-05-2004, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, no problems except for the thread holes being stripped, it would of been running if I didn't run into that speed bump....

I'm going to pick up a heli coil kit this morning from NAPA and sikora might fix it for me, if not I'm going to a different NAPA that has an install site, I'm sure they can do it as well.....

Anything to get it fixed before I go to work tonight to put the car on the lift.....
Old 03-05-2004, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Charlie, just giving ya guys a hard time With 10000+views who didn't read it

Bos PMed you. Man I gotta get me a set of those standoffs that sikora made, so I don't have to use those goofy spacers on mine anymore.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bos heres that pic you wanted of the clearance between the alternator and the s/c...looks to be about the same

Bos can you get me a pic of your set up from this angle. I want to see about how long your stand offs are.

Thanks,
J
Old 03-05-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I will, I think when we put the old ones next to the new ones it took 3 washers to make it equal in size, I will snap more pics tonight....

I was out running around crazy on a parts run to find a heli coil kit, finally got it.....5/16-18 if anyone strips theirs.....

Sikora was a big help today as well, he hooked me up with his cousins shop right in my town, so I drove over there about 20mins ago, and hes going to redo all the threads for me for about 20 bucks......

Thanks again Chris......
Old 03-05-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn thats what I was thinking 3 or 4 more washers on top of what I have. Those standoffs are pretty long. I'm going to go buy some standoff stock from this place in town and make me some. I definately don't like those ASP spacers.
Looks like having the ASP 8 rib before the cog set up benefitted you greatly. With Sikora making you the longer standoffs for the 8 rib really transfered well to the cogs.

With that beefy support bracket the s/c and alternator will never meet.
Z8's can you make me the same exact thing as boss? I can figure out the rest once its in my hands(if I need to shim it a lil more or not)
Thanks for keeping us posted.
J
Old 03-05-2004, 04:07 PM
8 Second Club

same here, i can use one of those.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jeremy I'm down to the point of tensioning the belt.............

I PMED you about the "loose" feeling of it.........

Get back to me A.S.A.P.

Thanks,
Bos
Old 03-06-2004, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well I did the install tonight, got it complete, blower mounted, got just enough space between the alt. pulley and blower pulley.......so thats good, car runs good....

Idler is currently running flush to the bracket surface, Jeremy has his mounted the other way, so I am going to try that, and hopefully that will bring the belt back some on the crank pulley......

Other than that everything is fine.......Sikora told me to run the belt tight, he said he ran his tighter than a ribbed belt.....I ran it pretty tight for the drive home, there was inital wear on the outsides of the belt, but I think thats normal.......could be the idler wearing the belt.....its not bad wear though....

I'm going to loosen it up tomorrow to 3/4 of an inch for movement, and see how that runs, for some reason having it like that at first we didn't like the way it looked....it seemed too loose and I could push the belt to the bottom standoff, felt kind of flimsy......I will know right away tomorrow if its too loose....the belt will most likely start jumping teeth, I would shut it off right away if this happened to save the life of the belt......it probably have some bad lash to it......

But we will see what happens, I got plenty of photos in my webshots page so you can see what I'm talking about....in the COG INSTALL PHOTOS....

Going to try this out tomorrow morning......

Here are the pics.......
http://community.webshots.com/album/123307510usjeje

Last edited by BIGBOS; 03-06-2004 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool...... I got your PM Bos i replied thanks....... your getting closer day by day........ you get a tracking number for your injectors yet? Then its dyno time and we can see what this combo does....thru a power robbing th-400 to.
Kyle
Old 03-06-2004, 02:46 AM
8 Second Club

big bos, is there any way you can shim the idler out? it seems if you move the idler a hair out , your belt will sit closer to the center of the crank pulley.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
big bos, is there any way you can shim the idler out? it seems if you move the idler a hair out , your belt will sit closer to the center of the crank pulley.
I think by turning the idler around, it will give me that space, I will see this morning......going to lift it up soon...

We were trying to come up with a conclusion for that last night, but we couldn't find a washer small enough to fit in the area the idler bolt goes through.....we were going to stack them so it would move that square piece back into the bracket hole some.......that would of pushed it back enough.....

I'll try again today.....

I'll post up and let you know what I find out......
Old 03-06-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Talking

I think the turbo guys are starting to get some competition. I would love to see more vids of this beast. Hey J. by the way nice vid
Old 03-06-2004, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to go off topic here Jeremy. Here's Anthony's Video, that you didn't get to see.

big wheelie

Quick Reply: Cog dyno/boost results.........