Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help me read my TR6 spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

may wanna do a 8 but i would recommend the br7ef alot of ppl run them stock number 3346 i believe @orielys. Taylors are DEF better than MSDs but the only thing is that they are fatter at the end so if u have custom manifolds it may burn them like mine did
Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
I personally prefer using Taylor plug wires as their boots clip onto the spark plugs much better. Bob
jfyi... MSD redesigned their LS1 plug wires. They added a plastic locking clip inside of the boot, so the MSD wires "click" on too.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
jfyi... MSD redesigned their LS1 plug wires. They added a plastic locking clip inside of the boot, so the MSD wires "click" on too.

Good to know. I like how they click into the coil pack, but on the plug it's a guess, or with the old style it was.

Not to hijack the thread anymore, but to the original poster, I'm not sure it's a case of having too hot of a plug in there as a lot of guys are able to run TR6's making more PSI than you are. What is your pcv setup? It looks like you have a lot of oil in the chamber of #7.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Good to know. I like how they click into the coil pack, but on the plug it's a guess, or with the old style it was.

Not to hijack the thread anymore, but to the original poster, I'm not sure it's a case of having too hot of a plug in there as a lot of guys are able to run TR6's making more PSI than you are. What is your pcv setup? It looks like you have a lot of oil in the chamber of #7.
I am a fan of the click reassurance as well. As far as PCV I am running a vented catch can connected to each valve cover.

Quick Reply: Help me read my TR6 spark plugs