Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Single kit Round 2 Our mission: keep A/C, stock K, & Rad

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
I didn't speak too soon. That kit is just as expensive as our Twin Kit, and doesn't even really compare anyway.

TTi twin kit bad points:
Oil pump required because the turbos are too low for oil drain.
BMR K member must be purchased additionally
T3 sized turbos only
Very limited turbo choices
Air to Air intercooler that will affect the stock cooling system
etc etc etc

Its a MUCH MORE expensive APS kit that requires an oil pump for turbo oil return.
I would REALLY like to know where u got all this info about their kit. Considering only a handful have even seen it in person, not to mention its not even on the market yet. When this kit does come out I would like to see a comparison between yours and theirs. Dont worry its not gunna be a 3 year wait.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of our customers called them and comparison shopped both kits, that's how we found out about it.

I would also like to see a comparison between both kits too, maybe we'll do that if we get the chance. But really the differences between the kits aren't seen in the dyno sheet but in the drivability, fit, finish, and other more qualitative aspects of our Ultimate Street setup.

Also I would like to point out that great things take time and 3 yrs to design something like that isn't unreasonable considering we did it on our spare time and with our own money.

Last edited by ModularTurbo; 01-25-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's a good time to call and number, sorry I was just got to busy last week.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:44 PM
FormerVendor

anytime 252-562-3899
Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed
Old 01-25-2012, 08:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1PUNK
I would REALLY like to know where u got all this info about their kit. Considering only a handful have even seen it in person, not to mention its not even on the market yet.
Someone posted that same picture last week. It's not difficult to see the turbo location which will require a return oil pump. It's also quite visible that an aftermarket k member is being used. Air to air incooler not difficult to see either.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

One of our customers called them and comparison shopped both kits, that's how we found out about it.

I would also like to see a comparison between both kits too, maybe we'll do that if we get the chance. But really the differences between the kits aren't seen in the dyno sheet but in the drivability, fit, finish, and other more qualitative aspects of our Ultimate Street setup.

Also I would like to point out that great things take time and 3 yrs to design something like that isn't unreasonable considering we did it on our spare time and with our own money.

That's BS, They haven't released the spec's to anyone, also they know how to make power, mighty mouse has won the lsx shootout 3x running 8's with one of their race kits. If you want to keep this thread about your products then don't talk trash about someone else's.

If you want to compare quality just look at their 5th gen kit and their C5 & C6 kits, no log manifolds for one.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

3 years for a LOG manifold design, not impressive at all. I highly doubt George said anything about that kit considering its not done/tested yet, for the sake of ur said so customer I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Someone posted that same picture last week. It's not difficult to see the turbo location which will require a return oil pump. It's also quite visible that an aftermarket k member is being used. Air to air incooler not difficult to see either.
Holy ***** batman, a different k-member, a PROVEN return oil pump, and a A/A intercooler in front of the radiator. Thats a deal killer.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 AM
FormerVendor

Lets not make this 20 pages of arguments, you feel its better, I hear you.

When they release all the info I'm sure someone will start a versus thread and we can go back and forth in that thread til' the cows come home.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

3 years for a LOG manifold design, not impressive at all.
If you have seen this kit in person you would be impressed. And don't forget they didn't take 3 years to build 1 kit they took 3 years to tool up to make many kits and they had 3 + kits ready to go when they said "okay now we are done." Don't forget they built their k-member. Its not a BMR unit. That alone would be more work than your run of the mill single turbo kit.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 AM
8 Second Club

Holy ***** batman, a different k-member, a PROVEN return oil pump, and a A/A intercooler in front of the radiator. Thats a deal killer.
You asked how it could be known what this system consists of. I told you how I know by looking at the picture. I gave absolutely NO opinion on it.
No need to be defensive with me.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

You asked how it could be known what this system consists of. I told you how I know by looking at the picture. I gave absolutely NO opinion on it.
He didn't comment on your post, if you read it you'll realize he's talking about modular turbos post. No need to get defensive.

Bottom line, TTI's products speak for themselves, they just build it and let the customer decide, they don't hype it for years or show pictures or take preorders. They started this kit in the fall and is ready to hit the dyno, they have their own dyno just waiting for the time to run it.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
If you have seen this kit in person you would be impressed. And don't forget they didn't take 3 years to build 1 kit they took 3 years to tool up to make many kits and they had 3 + kits ready to go when they said "okay now we are done." Don't forget they built their k-member. Its not a BMR unit. That alone would be more work than your run of the mill single turbo kit.
I dont think a blind man would be impressed with something like this.
Not impressive:

Impressive:

Just cause that car has a different K-member doesnt mean it requires one. I was referring to the T3 turbo's only and very limited turbo comment. I dont know what "etc,etc,etc" means but i think he didnt have anything else to throw at it.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are basing you opinion on a prototype pic? One that has been chopped on, rewelded, cut again, welded again and fitted to a dirty motor? That is what you believe they are producing to be sold? You had to do a search to find that old pic nice work detective. The thread with the build and current pics is easier to find.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM
8 Second Club

Just cause that car has a different K-member doesnt mean it requires one.
You can't route those discharge pipes around an aftermarket, tubular K-Member and expect it to fit a stock K-Member.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
FormerVendor

FYI the new TTi twin kit uses stock exhaust manifolds.........
Old 01-26-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
You are basing you opinion on a prototype pic? One that has been chopped on, rewelded, cut again, welded again and fitted to a dirty motor? That is what you believe they are producing to be sold? You had to do a search to find that old pic nice work detective. The thread with the build and current pics is easier to find.
I actually did take the time to look for the pics of the revised log mani's but all i would see is lil blue question marks for all the attachments. I play fair.
You can't route those discharge pipes around an aftermarket, tubular K-Member and expect it to fit a stock K-Member.
What im getting at is just cause some one post a pic doesnt mean u know the ins and outs of a non released kit.

FYI the new TTi twin kit uses stock exhaust manifolds.........
Well ****, we all know those wont work.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you think you've made your point now? This thread isn't even about a twin kit.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
Do you think you've made your point now? This thread isn't even about a twin kit.
I think he did, I think the point is when you talk negatively about another companies product you open yourself up to be challenged. I think Modular turbo has made a habit of this, last year it was Kentucky Turbo that he was commenting on.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike13
I think he did, I think the point is when you talk negatively about another companies product you open yourself up to be challenged. I think Modular turbo has made a habit of this, last year it was Kentucky Turbo that he was commenting on.
Bingo, just cause george is no longer a sponsor doesnt mean its right to downgrade his work. It just so happends that when Modular turbo got a bit lippy about Kentucky Turbo products Josh was here to step in, George not so much.

Call me a nut swinger if u like but I know which companies will and will not get my business nor recommendation.

Im done.

Quick Reply: Single kit Round 2 Our mission: keep A/C, stock K, & Rad