Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Jose @ forced inductions!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:24 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 89LS1FOXER
Trust me he has the tracking info already, I've given it to him over the phone, what did i do to **** him off. Tons of people have had good luck with him.... that's why i sent the turbo to him and not someone else??
You need to be talking to jose direct and no one else. They need to step up and take care of you somehow. You have plenty of proof with the tracking info and insurance. I still believe as many turbos and parts they have around they could come up with something to replace it. Like I said I've never had any prob with them but I do feel for you I have had similar issues with ups.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stock48
You need to be talking to jose direct and no one else. They need to step up and take care of you somehow. You have plenty of proof with the tracking info and insurance. I still believe as many turbos and parts they have around they could come up with something to replace it. Like I said I've never had any prob with them but I do feel for you I have had similar issues with ups.
That's who i have been talking to on the phone each time, he is in no way being a dick to me but i just get i don't care to much feeling from him, I just have a hard time seeing how it takes 2-3 days to locate this turbo? And until today they were not returning my e-mails, and i have got no phone calls from them, i have to call them every time. There is a big race coming up next week and i'm sure some of my issues are due to them getting ready for this???
Old 02-16-2012, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

...these guys are terrible. Absolute worst company we have ever dealt with.

Ordered two full 4 inchv band setups. Got one full vband setup, and an extra flange and was charged $280!!! Called and called, never got all my parts, and we got over charged!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've dealt with them for years. Buying turbo's and having them rebuilt. Never a problem.

I can see being frustrated about the missing turbo when you don't deal much with shipping. It's very common to put an info page inside the box to make it easier for the person receiving the product. We always put our name, phone number and a brief discription of the issue with the part.

Hope it gets sorted out for ya.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered a GT91 in November, got jerked around till February. Canceled my order.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I've dealt with them for years. Buying turbo's and having them rebuilt. Never a problem.

I can see being frustrated about the missing turbo when you don't deal much with shipping. It's very common to put an info page inside the box to make it easier for the person receiving the product. We always put our name, phone number and a brief discription of the issue with the part.

Hope it gets sorted out for ya.
I could also see them treating another shop with whom they know will continue funneling business their way alot different from how they treat the little guys.

Not talking **** or anything Slohawk, just saying... I've seen it before.

Big spenders get treated differently that's all.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent my turbo in for repair. Got it back. They said it was fixed. They did nothing to it. Took it to a local guy who took care of it in two days and didn't dick me around for 3-4 weeks ( like FI did).

Plus turbo was brand new with 0 miles. But some how they told me it was used. Awesome costumer service!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

Ordered turbo on a Tuesday, was suppose to be on the shelf. And go out Friday, well needless to say one week they were waiting on the compressor wheels next it was housings....then finally 4 weeks later it showed up.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why anyone buys from these guys. Yes there are a few happy guys here but it looks like a 50/50 ratio. And that sucks! There is no freaking way they have so many turbos they don't know what is what. You didn't send a tooth pic to a tooth pic factory! And if there was no paperwork what idiot tossed the box the instant they noticed no paperwork? Are they that stupid?
Hell I look at the return address of every piece of mail or parcel I get before I ever open it!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

this sucks! After reading the entire thread I feel for ya. Hopefully it wil be straightened out soon. On another note..Big props to Rob @ Modular Turbo. Spoke with hm a couple times on the phone before a big purchase and he has followed up after the sale.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT I PAID FOR IT AND WHEN, HAD TO SEND TWO DIFFERENT PAYMENTS, 825.00 TOTAL!:

Transaction Details

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 6MT093439M4749138)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jan 9, 2012 Payment For Justen West Completed ... -$680.00 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jan 9, 2012 Add Funds from a Bank Account CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Details $680.00 USD

Sent to:
Justen West (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
jewest@??????

Amount sent:
-$680.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$680.00 USD

Date:
Jan 9, 2012
Time:
08:33:02 PST
Completed

Subject:

payment for 80mm garrett
Funding Type:
Instant Transfer
Funding Source:
$680.00 USD - Citywide banks Checking (Confirmed) x-XXXX
Back Up Funding Source:
MasterCard Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Transaction Details

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 1LF27657SH143074N)

Sent to:
Justen West (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
jewest@???????

Amount sent:
-$145.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$145.00 USD

Date:
Jan 9, 2012
Time:
08:36:03 PST
Completed

Subject:

rest of payment for 80mm garrett
Note:

Thanks JR send to: John Chapman ???????? Dr. Aurora, CO
Funding Type:
PayPal Balance
Funding Source:
$145.00 USD - PayPal Account
Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.racingjunk.com/Turbos/242...-80-turbo.html
Old 02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
I don't know why anyone buys from these guys. Yes there are a few happy guys here but it looks like a 50/50 ratio. And that sucks! There is no freaking way they have so many turbos they don't know what is what. You didn't send a tooth pic to a tooth pic factory! And if there was no paperwork what idiot tossed the box the instant they noticed no paperwork? Are they that stupid?
Hell I look at the return address of every piece of mail or parcel I get before I ever open it!
Actually they do have that many turbos, yes their customer service sucks but if you want a turbo that is not a off the shelf item there aren't many choices. The vendors who say they can do it, guess where there turbos come from?

I think just about all the turbo builders have bad customer service, it's one thing to have a off the shelf turbo drop shipped it's another when they have to mix and match parts for different combinations. Yes they have a spotty reputation but I don't see anyone stepping in and taking over the custom stuff and FI's pricing is very competitive.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

I did call fedex too just for the hell of it, They said since it was signed for by a current employee their job is done, it is now their responsibility. Already knew this though. They did fax me a copy of the signature though.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

are you saying turbo works was supposed to have machined the housing but it had a interference issue when you got it from the seller?

If it where me, I would talk to Jose and say I want to settle this and move on, can we set a date with the next couple of days that we just move on and you and I make thing right?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

They just got back to me, sounds like they are gonna make it right! I can't wait to delete all this crap and move on. Would love to be able to say they took care of me like I've heard!

Last edited by 89LS1FOXER; 02-17-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mike13
are you saying turbo works was supposed to have machined the housing but it had a interference issue when you got it from the seller?

If it where me, I would talk to Jose and say I want to settle this and move on, can we set a date with the next couple of days that we just move on and you and I make thing right?
Yeah i guess worx turbo machined (no offense to them, they may not have touched it at for all we know) the comp housing but the machine work looked horrible and the comp wheel had a few very small nicks on it like it had rubbed the comp housing at some point, the turbo felt nice and had what felt like the normal amount of shaft play for a thrust bearing unit. No up and down at all, it had 5 engine dyno pulls on it and didn't make the power they were looking for. I just wanted someone to look it over and i heard tons of great stuff about Jose at FI, hoping this was just a big misunderstanding.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Re: John Chapman, Aurora, CO 80mm Garrett turbo
Hide Details

john chapman

TO:

TurboDiesels.net

Message flagged
Friday, February 17, 2012 10:56 AM
That would be great, either way (new or rebuilt old) i will be more than happy! Thank you for keeping in touch with me, JR 720-394-3397

To: 'john chapman' <project_tsi@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 10:27 AM
Subject: RE: John Chapman, Aurora, CO 80mm Garrett turbo

I spoke with Jose and what they will probably do if they can’t find it is replace it with a better unit. The unit the pictures you sent are of a GT42 based charger with a older style TV series based some wheel and a old Detroit diesel TV based compressor cover. Jose suggests that a more powerful unit and better unit reliability wise would be a S400SX-80 turbo. 80mm ETT compressor wheel which moves 119lbs/min of air vs the old TV wheel which moves 107lbs/min. Also the 83mm turbine wheel which is a direct replacement to the 82mm GT wheel you had. Also it would be a T4 housing and drop right in to the print of your old charger. This charger would support about 100hp more then the charger you sent in and spool the same as well.

Thanks
Tonya

www.TurboDiesels.net
www.ForcedInductions.com
M-F (8am-5pm) CST
Old 02-17-2012, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I can't speak for Jose, but the situation is unfortunate for this poster as both parties are somewhat at fault for his turbo going missing. Also I think a lot of people think we are a regular turbo seller. We CNC turbo parts for 65+ companies which some of them you may buy from and know. We try to get parts out as fast as we can but the demand sometimes dictates what we can do and not the other way around. Also if you order a turbo some parts that maybe on the shelf at the beginning of the day maybe gone by lunch time. We may go through 10 75mm comp covers in a span of 3 hours or 15 80mm wheels in a day. So parts are moving in and out fast. We try to take care of everyone as best as we can.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you guys are making it right. Glad to see this last post.

Quick Reply: Jose @ forced inductions!!!!