Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Jose @ forced inductions!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to post what went down with my deal.... i did get my original turbo back, they found it right before they were gonna send me a new s480 to replace it, Jose checked it over and did a little machining on the comp housing and sent it back to me, so far so good, i've only had it idling so don't really know yet... I kinda wanted the comp cover replaced and machined properly and was willing to pay but I think they were just fed up with my **** lol, anyways i did get it back, was never changed anything and like i said so far so good??
Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Just ordered a turbo today
Old 05-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Teching In

so hopefully since they are dropshipping my new turbos right from turbonetics my deal will go through smoothly and without any delays. From what I gathered most people had problems with rebuild times when they sent in their turbos for a rebuild and not necessarily with purchasing new turbos, right? My car is in the fabrication shop right now waiting for these turbos to show so I can't afford to deal with delays..
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 89LS1FOXER
Forgot to post what went down with my deal.... i did get my original turbo back, they found it right before they were gonna send me a new s480 to replace it, Jose checked it over and did a little machining on the comp housing and sent it back to me, so far so good, i've only had it idling so don't really know yet... I kinda wanted the comp cover replaced and machined properly and was willing to pay but I think they were just fed up with my **** lol, anyways i did get it back, was never changed anything and like i said so far so good??
They would have got you a new cover, but the unit used an oddball back plate. Which ever company did the machining originally, did it manually with a file it appeared
Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
They would have got you a new cover, but the unit used an oddball back plate. Which ever company did the machining originally, did it manually with a file it appeared
Oh ok, i wasn't told that? Its no biggie, the machining you guys did on the front cover looks day and night better than who ever did the other machining lol, if something goes wrong with it i'll just have you guys go through it.... Can it be changed to the more common back plate if needed?

I didn't want to have an issue with you guys from the beginning, you came highly recommended from most of the guys on pt.net, i will use your services again, i think it was just some mistakes that caused my issue... But like i said above i did get my turbo back and it was looked over and machined as i was told so all is well!!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Oh ok, i wasn't told that? Its no biggie, the machining you guys did on the front cover looks day and night better than who ever did the other machining lol, if something goes wrong with it i'll just have you guys go through it.... Can it be changed to the more common back plate if needed?
Yes it can. But you will also then have to change the thrust collar/spacer, as the newer backplates require them.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Yes it can. But you will also then have to change the thrust collar/spacer, as the newer backplates require them.
Well im sure that will be in the future lol, mine as well go with a 91mm comp wheel at that point?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well im sure that will be in the future lol, mine as well go with a 91mm comp wheel at that point?
At that point you will need a different unit. That turbo only had a older GTA-42 style turbine wheel in it. 82mm comp wheel is MAX you want to go. Anything above that you will have so much back pressure it will pick the heads up off the block.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

At that point you will need a different unit. That turbo only had a older GTA-42 style turbine wheel in it. 82mm comp wheel is MAX you want to go. Anything above that you will have so much back pressure it will pick the heads up off the block.
Ok got ya makes sense, maybe i'll go with one of your GT-91's this winter.....

Quick Reply: Jose @ forced inductions!!!!