Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Jose @ forced inductions!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has got to be some way of using a program with inventory control on it. When you begin the day if you have 15 whatever sitting on the shelf, surely you ought to know how many of those parts have already been purchased with whatever Invoice. Why not make a basket so to speak with parts as people make orders? That way you know what you have and what you don't have???
Old 02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian @ KYTP
There has got to be some way of using a program with inventory control on it. When you begin the day if you have 15 whatever sitting on the shelf, surely you ought to know how many of those parts have already been purchased with whatever Invoice. Why not make a basket so to speak with parts as people make orders? That way you know what you have and what you don't have???
Agreed, there are plenty of different ways to go about this.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So I was waiting for mine to come back before I posted anything but I have more of the same to report. I had to call repeatedly to get through, calls were picked up ~30% of the time. Messages were not returned >90% of th etime. I sent emails in and none were replied to. I sent them two Turbonetics to have rebuilt. It took them >six weeks and it would have taken longer if I had not called weekly and then daily toward the end. Then I get them today. The UPS guy had to gingerly put the box on the stoop to keep the turbos from falling out.

The turbos were not cleaned at all. They have the same caked up oil/dirt in the nooks and crannies that they left with. there is still the same oil in the compressor and turbine side that they lefy my house with. And they weren't wrapped in plastic so they have bits of styrafoam stuck to the oil still on them inside and out.

The turbos spin freely and do not have any play so they appear to have whatever rebuild parts they said would be installed but the lack of effort in virtually every other aspect of the business I did with them makes me wonder how well it was done. This is what what >six weeks and >five bills plus shipping both ways buys you over there.

Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 03-09-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that's all I have to say...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

More pics:

Old 03-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess the days of actual customer service are long gone with these guys....very sad

I cant wait to hear their excuse for this.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Well, honestly I would not expect them to clean the outside of the housing, but I would have expected the internals to be clean and the turbos well packaged.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarg
Well, honestly I would not expect them to clean the outside of the housing, but I would have expected the internals to be clean and the turbos well packaged.
Really? What if I had sent them a turbo that was badly leaking and was covered in oil and dirt? For more than $500 is it so much to ask that they dunk the pieces, that they have already taken all apart, in a solvent tank or hit them with a damn air compressor or some brake cleaner? I guess this is standard practice for them as I think someone commented earlier in this thread that they got theirs back in a similar fashion.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

It's like 5 bolts dude, take it apart and clean it. Internals, I agree should have been spotless, but polishing your cover for you?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Polishing? No. Cleaning the crap off of it? Yes. and packing it so it isn't falling out of the box when it gets to me? Yes please. At half he cost I would probably have shrugged it off but for >$500 I expect a little production value in my turbo rebuilds.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

If you noticed I did mention the packaging
Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Truth be told I had to be such a squeaky wheel to get my **** done at all I would not have used them ever again even if they came back surgically clean and packed in goose down.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
Truth be told I had to be such a squeaky wheel to get my **** done at all I would not have used them ever again even if they came back surgically clean and packed in goose down.
Ever thought that maybe due to the rushing, hassling and the fact that you were already unsatisfied that they had the turbo come back in the way that it did? I know if someone is a major pain the the *** to me, my level of service may not be at its peak. Just saying.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm six pages deep into a thread about their poor customer service. I don't think I need to explain anything. Just sayin'.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 89LS1FOXER
Thanks mike, they have been in touch with me through e-mail now and are being very helpful, i don't plan on letting them hand me over a new turbo with no extra cash on my part, i don't feel that is fair? I just want them to know i didn't bring this up just to get a freebie out of it
Originally Posted by 89LS1FOXER
Tonya has been very helpful
Originally Posted by stock48
Jose has always done me good. You need to call him with tracking info etc. They should have enough parts around there to come up with a core, or take the core price off a new or rebuilt turbo.
Originally Posted by 1bigcam
I ordered a gt91 2 weeks ago got it yesterday and iam very happy everytime i called they picked up and i called alot with quick ???
Originally Posted by chris@hps
I am surprised to hear this. I ordered over 3grand worth of parts 3 weeks ago and all of it arrived last week. My calls were answered and when he missed a call of mine he called me back the next day. They are busy, but try emailing and call them and leave messages.

Chris
Originally Posted by Professor_speed
3 turbos from them no issues always answered my pm's and called back if I left a message.
Originally Posted by IT_SS
have you tried emailing them? I never have trouble reaching them...
Like all these posts in the thread Just sayin...
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thats a pretty rough deal:/
At least they work correct?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Look man, I am not saying that the internals being dirty is the right thing or the poor packaging. Those are legitimate gripes. The externals not being right, well, I would have let that one slide, but I understand where you are coming from.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Ever thought that maybe due to the rushing, hassling and the fact that you were already unsatisfied that they had the turbo come back in the way that it did? I know if someone is a major pain the the *** to me, my level of service may not be at its peak. Just saying.
Your logic leaves me awestruck...

If I sent a turbo in to be rebuilt, I would 100% expect it to come back clean. It should come back in like new condition.

If a customer is bothering me and I have had their stuff for six weeks, then I know I need to get my *** in gear and get their **** out. Not put them even further on the back burner. Your customers pay your bills. You should treat them with respect.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whatever dude. My business goes elsewhere next time. I've delt with many vendors during my build, some have been top notch, some have been sub-par. The service I've received from FI falls into the sub-par category.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

I guess my first question would be what was the original expected turn around time. If I promised a week and it took 6 yes. If it was open ended, that is a different story. If I stated 8-10 weeks and we were on week 6 I would not appreciate the grief. It is all a matter of details I guess. Me personally, I try to take care of things immediately when possible, but that is not always an available option.

Quick Reply: Jose @ forced inductions!!!!