Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tonya has been very helpful
Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarg
Sounds like you guys are making it right. Glad to see this last post.
The sport of turbos needs young faces. Hate to see this customer discouraged for something like this. Guys here are turbo fanatics 1st....business guys 2nd.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

I just freaked out a little, i'm on a tight budget (being a GM tech doesn't pay what it use to), and my two year build is finally coming together after scraping and saving.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

89LS I sent Jose a email and this is his reply, I hope this helps make
you feel better about the situation. Good luck with the build

Alot of people really don't understand what we do. We are an engineering house, we CNC turbo parts for 65+ other companies and we dispose of many old turbos and OEM turbos, new or used that are no longer in service. I discussed this situation with blake and tonya yesterday and we felt bad for the kid. New turbo project, not alot of money to spend, even though he is partly at fault as are we, we feel the guy needs a break and we plan to provide him with a brand new charger , no questions asked. Good kid, rotten luck and misplaced on our part....we will take care of him for sure. I don't want to see young hot rodders get discouraged by something like this regardless if they do business with us or elsewhere. Its good for the sport to have the young guys.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hank Peabody
Wrong, how is anyone supposed to know if they ship a turbo to a turbo company without paperwork it is instantly thrown in a grinder with no questions asked.
Agreed
Old 02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 57 Posts

Hopefully it all works out for you. This is a huge plus of being on forums.. when you go public with stuff like this, it will usually get straightened out, especially when you have presented nothing but the facts from both sides. Whatever their excuse/reasoning may be, all that matters is that you guys settle on something.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mike13
89LS I sent Jose a email and this is his reply, I hope this helps make
you feel better about the situation. Good luck with the build

Alot of people really don't understand what we do. We are an engineering house, we CNC turbo parts for 65+ other companies and we dispose of many old turbos and OEM turbos, new or used that are no longer in service. I discussed this situation with blake and tonya yesterday and we felt bad for the kid. New turbo project, not alot of money to spend, even though he is partly at fault as are we, we feel the guy needs a break and we plan to provide him with a brand new charger , no questions asked. Good kid, rotten luck and misplaced on our part....we will take care of him for sure. I don't want to see young hot rodders get discouraged by something like this regardless if they do business with us or elsewhere. Its good for the sport to have the young guys.
Thanks mike, they have been in touch with me through e-mail now and are being very helpful, i don't plan on letting them hand me over a new turbo with no extra cash on my part, i don't feel that is fair? I just want them to know i didn't bring this up just to get a freebie out of it
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 89LS1FOXER
Thanks mike, they have been in touch with me through e-mail now and are being very helpful, i don't plan on letting them hand me over a new turbo with no extra cash on my part, i don't feel that is fair? I just want them to know i didn't bring this up just to get a freebie out of it

Don't worry about it. Both parties are at fault....but we have plenty of turbos here. If you want to cover shipping to make yourself feel better its cool lol
Old 02-17-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

I'd be more than happy to pay shipping, should i just call in or paypal it to you guys? Thank you again for making this right!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Nice piece of P.R. work, but just one fix in a number issues doesn't make me feel any better. This thread is 4 pages long and from last year and this is the first that you guys have posted.

Andy
Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see something like this getting worked out, sometimes things end up very differently.

Good job FI
Old 02-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Launching!

I seen this thread and was like wtf lol, Jose is a good freind and great guy and will work with anybody if somethings wrong. Good for you Jose, blame it on blake lol jk.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Don't worry about it. Both parties are at fault....but we have plenty of turbos here. If you want to cover shipping to make yourself feel better its cool lol
Good to hear that this is getting taken care of.....But why did it take 5 months?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Moter
Good to hear that this is getting taken care of.....But why did it take 5 months?
It didn't, i added to an existing thread, its been less than a month.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is a lot of not very smart guys in this thread. If you ship comp cams a cam. With no info on the inside of the box. What do you expect them to do with it?

I have shipped meziere a water pump to inspect. With nothing more than a letter saying I wish for it to be inspected and contact info. I got a call just to clarify what I wanted.

I don't think I could have expected anything different than being completely. sol if I would have shipped a box Of parts to a manufacturing business with no contact info or info on work desired.

I think your lucky they took care of it. I probably would have told you, your screwed and better luck next time. Lesson learned.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And other than that. Everything I have got from when has been as described contact has always been great.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
There is a lot of not very smart guys in this thread. If you ship comp cams a cam. With no info on the inside of the box. What do you expect them to do with it?

I have shipped meziere a water pump to inspect. With nothing more than a letter saying I wish for it to be inspected and contact info. I got a call just to clarify what I wanted.

I don't think I could have expected anything different than being completely. sol if I would have shipped a box Of parts to a manufacturing business with no contact info or info on work desired.

I think your lucky they took care of it. I probably would have told you, your screwed and better luck next time. Lesson learned.
Nothing like a good insult to start your Saturday, Thanks bud ..... This wasn't caused by stupidity, it was caused by mistakes. There is not a huge difference between Meziere calling you from your info sheet and FI calling me from the contact info printed on the Fedex label...... I know i should have sent info with it, it was a mistake, people get busy and excited and things get forgotten. I know they didn't have to help me, and i would have been perfectly happy with my old turbo back, even if it was found and not rebuilt.... but i am very grateful for them helping me out, i'm just trying to finish my budget build like tons of other people.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Wow, I'm just glade it's taken care of, both parties said they could of done things different. Forced Induction is far from a perfect company and most of us are far from perfect people.

Again I'm glad it's taken care and the guy can get on with his build.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mike13
Wow, I'm just glade it's taken care of, both parties said they could of done things different. Forced Induction is far from a perfect company and most of us are far from perfect people.

Again I'm glad it's taken care and the guy can get on with his build.
Agreed, thanks again mike13
Old 02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls

says the guy who. Can't properly. Use. A comma.

Quick Reply: Jose @ forced inductions!!!!