Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
View Poll Results: Should Whipple Make A Gen 4 F-body Kit???
Yes
97.09%
No
2.91%
Voters: 860. You may not vote on this poll

Whipple Supercharger for the Gen 4 F-body

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I just think.its crazy people are still telling Whipple yes ehenthe thread is 4 months old. Its not gunna happen. Id bet dollars to donuts on it.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is bull **** I was ready to order too.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like the LT1 4th gen crowd might get this option before you LS1 guys, but it wont be coming straight from Whipple.

One of our talented members is putting together a base for LT1's that is just downright spectacular!

Eta is unkown, but I'm sure it will happen before the vaporware from Whipple... just take a peek in the LT1 section and bring a drool bib.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:43 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, you have to realize that Whipple isn't just a small shop or one or two guys doing this in a garage. They are a corporation that has budgets, marketing, accounting departments that all weigh in on decisions (granted, might be one or two people in each of those positions), but to come to market with something like this that will require some creative engineering, it's not going to happen overnight.

Who knows, maybe someone inside the company told the person to stop posting, who knows.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone ever pick up the phone? I'm sure they won't bite. Maybe y'all will get an answer that way?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S1LV3R
Did anyone ever pick up the phone? I'm sure they won't bite. Maybe y'all will get an answer that way?
Call and let us know
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Launching!

F em if they cant even respond then thats bad buisness, granted im just popping in at the last thread here but im going with Dragonrace Engineerings Whipple setup for the f-bodies, its proven and a kit is already available without needing for experiments
Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a pm from mike stating " if they say no ill just go hide under a rock ".......well guess what guys... seems he is hiding
Old 03-02-2012, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Turbo make more power
Procharger is true/easier to bolt on
There yall go,problem solved
shut this beesh the f down
Old 03-02-2012, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my vote yes
Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F em if they cant even respond then thats bad buisness, granted im just popping in at the last thread here but im going with Dragonrace Engineerings Whipple setup for the f-bodies, its proven and a kit is already available without needing for experiments
you sure about that buddy, for a proven kit i heard that got canned awhile ago lol, and i dont think its still available, i think it was way more than a procharger setup and was alot of work to get there kit to fit, i could be wrong maybe they changed some things and came back out with it but from what i know that hasnt happend, i agree they should have kinda made an update every now and then but with all the great options out there for fi its not like we are hurting for this, yes it would be cool. and as far as someone making a lt1 kit , a few months ago someone was makingkits that could run the eatons on a ls1, guess what happend to that project lol, noone knows ;p
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
you sure about that buddy, for a proven kit i heard that got canned awhile ago lol, and i dont think its still available, i think it was way more than a procharger setup and was alot of work to get there kit to fit, i could be wrong maybe they changed some things and came back out with it but from what i know that hasnt happend, i agree they should have kinda made an update every now and then but with all the great options out there for fi its not like we are hurting for this, yes it would be cool. and as far as someone making a lt1 kit , a few months ago someone was makingkits that could run the eatons on a ls1, guess what happend to that project lol, noone knows ;p
no actually i was on the phone with Peter the owner several days ago, they still make the kit, its 5K for the base kit. who said it got canned? and for such an *** ton of work as you say lmao all you need is 3/8" spacers for the cradle, no cutting required, from there its cake, there are pics on there website ,
www.dragonrace.com
see for your self they advertise the kit for all ls1 power vehicles.
do the research
Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Default whipple 3.3L 1000M, under the factory hood of a beautiful 2000 Trans Am

Whipple Supercharger for the Gen 4 F-body-1000mtaengine.jpg
Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

^no cutting of the cowl?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Launching!

nope no cutting what so ever
Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Blacklightning744
www.dragonrace.com
see for your self they advertise the kit for all ls1 power vehicles.
do the research
...theres 3 threads on corvette forums about this kit. The airflow in the intake was compromised by how thin it had to be to clear stock hoods/cowls. Had all kinds of problems,never made the power it was supposed to, even took out an engine... is your friend
Old 03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Alright guys. I have returned with your long awaited answer. Right now, there is just NO way we can fit an EFFICIENT supercharger into these cars without major mods to the cowling and replacing the hood. Sure, we can add a hood into the kit price like we did the C6 Corvette but all that does is drive the kit price up to $9000 or so. Based off of what we have seen and heard, we would not have a strong sales market for a $9000 kit in today's economy. Sure, some of you would be all in to do it but most would back out because of the price (just being honest) and therefore we would not have the sales to justify the expense involved for the small amount of sales we would actually get.

Now, I'm not saying that we will not make a kit at some point in the future. Just right now, we can not justify it.

Also, I know to date of a couple customers who have purchased our "hot rod" version of the 2.9L front feed kit and are fitting them to the F-body cars. This kit is based off of the 2010+ Camaro or C6 Vette kit (different belt line) but stripped down to just the blower as it sits on the motor and the idler plate for the supercharger. If anyone is interested in this set up, you can purchase it now. However, you will need: Injectors, custom tune, 4-bolt LS throttle body, HP fuel pump, IC heat exchanger, IC reservoir, IC circulating pump, IC hoses, and either the 2010+ camaro front drive accessory system or the C6 front drive accessory system complete with brackets, water pump and balancer.

Sorry guys for wasting your time here but I truly wanted and tried to make this work for you,
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Whipple
Alright guys. I have returned with your long awaited answer. Right now, there is just NO way we can fit an EFFICIENT supercharger into these cars without major mods to the cowling and replacing the hood. Sure, we can add a hood into the kit price like we did the C6 Corvette but all that does is drive the kit price up to $9000 or so. Based off of what we have seen and heard, we would not have a strong sales market for a $9000 kit in today's economy. Sure, some of you would be all in to do it but most would back out because of the price (just being honest) and therefore we would not have the sales to justify the expense involved for the small amount of sales we would actually get.

Now, I'm not saying that we will not make a kit at some point in the future. Just right now, we can not justify it.

Also, I know to date of a couple customers who have purchased our "hot rod" version of the 2.9L front feed kit and are fitting them to the F-body cars. This kit is based off of the 2010+ Camaro or C6 Vette kit (different belt line) but stripped down to just the blower as it sits on the motor and the idler plate for the supercharger. If anyone is interested in this set up, you can purchase it now. However, you will need: Injectors, custom tune, 4-bolt LS throttle body, HP fuel pump, IC heat exchanger, IC reservoir, IC circulating pump, IC hoses, and either the 2010+ camaro front drive accessory system or the C6 front drive accessory system complete with brackets, water pump and balancer.

Sorry guys for wasting your time here but I truly wanted and tried to make this work for you,

Don't feel bad. You came in and did market research, then went back with the demand, but ultimately, the logistics of our cars prohibited such an endeavor.

Fact is, if doing this was easy, it would have been done 10 years ago, but the logistics just weren't there.

If someone really wants a Whipple on their car, meet up with a good fabrication shop, or do as you said and backyard engineer it.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

At least we got some closure
Old 03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, at least he tried.

Quick Reply: Whipple Supercharger for the Gen 4 F-body