Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help me turbo my LS1 jet boat...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011 | 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sideways_S13
HAHAHA Im such a ratard. You are running a carb. For some reason I thought you were efi. My bad.

Since we are both taking on the this LS turbo jet boat endevor would you please post up any info or progress you make. Maybe in this thread or start a new thread. Maybe we could help each other out and save some headaches. I dont want to thread jack but if I find out anything useful I'll post it up here.

I cant wait til spring. We had our first hard frost here in Missouri lastnight. No chances of getting the boat wet anytime soon. There isnt a single LS powered within atleast 200miles of me that I know of, let alone a turbocharged one. These boats are going to be sick!
Will do. I will be EFI soon (I hope) - but not yet.

There is a 5.3 turbo boat, but it's in Cali...I saw on performanceboats - in case you wanted to look for ideas. I will be doing twins, instead of a single...
Old 10-26-2011 | 09:41 AM
Teching In

Hey sweet boat. Are those Rewarder headers? If you decide to sell them hit me up I may be interested. When I did my swap there wasn't anybody making LS headers for a jet so I had Schoenfeld make me a set. Three seasons later I've had 4 of the primaries crack so I'm going to have to do something before next summer. I've been thinking about going thru-transom but I can't decide. Here's a pic of my boat.

Old 10-26-2011 | 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pig Pen
Hey sweet boat. Are those Rewarder headers? If you decide to sell them hit me up I may be interested. When I did my swap there wasn't anybody making LS headers for a jet so I had Schoenfeld make me a set. Three seasons later I've had 4 of the primaries crack so I'm going to have to do something before next summer. I've been thinking about going thru-transom but I can't decide. Here's a pic of my boat.
Yes - they are Rewarder. I will let you know if I finally decide to go OT.

I hear ya on the header thing - this is my 2nd LS boat, my first one was the purple/white one and I had to use a set of Doug's 67-69 F-body LS swap headers...

BTW - did you make your harness? Looking for some pointers in that area...
Old 10-26-2011 | 10:28 AM
Teching In

Yeah I modified the factory harness. I hadn't really done any wiring before and it wasn't too bad. The best 100 bucks I spent was on this:

http://www.currentperformance.com/Ac...ies/SA-1k.html

It has all of the fuses and relays already wired into a module so all you have to do is cut the wires off of your old fuse block connector and splice the wires into it. The pink wires on your harness need switched power, orange need constant power. I took the eight pink wires from the injectors and put on one circuit, eight pink wires for the coils on one, all of the pink wires for the rest of the sensors on one and everything else is labeled on the kit. The awesome thing about this application is you only have to have enough stuff to make the engine turn. I ended up taking about half of the stuff in my harness out. I used a harness from an '04 3/4 ton so I have the pinouts and a wiring diagram for that harness if it would help you out I could scan them and send you a PDF. I'm out of the country so it would be after the first of the year before I could get them to you tho.
Old 10-26-2011 | 10:52 AM
Teching In

Yeah I modified the factory harness. I hadn't really done any wiring before and it wasn't too bad. The best 100 bucks I spent was on this:

http://www.currentperformance.com/Ac...ies/SA-1k.html

It has all of the fuses and relays already wired into a module so all you have to do is cut the wires off of your old fuse block connector and splice the wires into it. The pink wires on your harness need switched power, orange need constant power. I took the eight pink wires from the injectors and put on one circuit, eight pink wires for the coils on one, all of the pink wires for the rest of the sensors on one and everything else is labeled on the kit. The awesome thing about this application is you only have to have enough stuff to make the engine turn. I ended up taking about half of the stuff in my harness out. I used a harness from an '04 3/4 ton so I have the pinouts and a wiring diagram for that harness if it would help you out I could scan them and send you a PDF. I'm out of the country so it would be after the first of the year before I could get them to you tho.
That module is very nice!!! Will pick one up for sure!!
Old 10-26-2011 | 10:58 AM
Teching In

I'll freely admit I know nothing about turbos so I don't know if it will help but here are some marine manifolds for an LS motor. They're cheap too!

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R028023
Old 10-27-2011 | 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Zach,
You should just buy my boat, so that you can use the manifolds to hang turbos off of

Honestly though, if I was planning to keep it, it would be getting the big single S400 off of my LQ4 in my C-10. It would be almost too easy to do, with the manifolds like they are, and seeing as how I already tuned it open loop, speed density. Just add a 2 bar MAP, and let 'er eat! Looking forward to following your progress.

Originally Posted by Sideways_S13
There isnt a single LS powered within atleast 200miles of me that I know of, let alone a turbocharged one. These boats are going to be sick!
I'm right near that 200 mile radius
Old 10-27-2011 | 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

^^^ I'd happily take your EFI setup and trade you my carb setup! Ha ha!
Old 10-27-2011 | 06:44 PM

Default Was at a Boating Event last Weekend

Here is a Jet Boat that was there. Actually it is 4 sale. The Price was Cheap $22,500. is what someone who worked the event told me.

Sell yours & buy this. Click it
Attached Thumbnails Help me turbo my LS1 jet boat...-photo-10-.jpg  
Old 10-27-2011 | 06:47 PM

One More Pic.
Attached Thumbnails Help me turbo my LS1 jet boat...-photo-11-.jpg  
Old 10-28-2011 | 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's not a jet boat....that's a V-drive.
Old 10-28-2011 | 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HP FEVER
Here is a Jet Boat that was there. Actually it is 4 sale. The Price was Cheap $22,500. is what someone who worked the event told me.

Sell yours & buy this. Click it
No doubt a lot of time and money into that boat...but I'm not really looking for a BBC V-drive boat...
Old 10-28-2011 | 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Compressor Surge
That's not a jet boat....that's a V-drive.
You are correct.... I was blinded by all the chrome. Oh well, still a nice TT carb set-up
Old 10-30-2011 | 02:49 PM
On The Tree

I'll freely admit I know nothing about turbos so I don't know if it will help but here are some marine manifolds for an LS motor. They're cheap too!

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R028023
It would be really easy to build a kit off those manifolds.

I assume they are aluminum? They would look a lot better sanded and polished or powder coated.

Quick Reply: Help me turbo my LS1 jet boat...