Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Lingenfelter LNC-002 issues.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lingenfelter LNC-002 issues.

Has anyone had issues with it affecting the car when it's not in use?

I just put my car back together and have a rough tune on it. I left the 2-step unplugged from the coil packs. A few weeks ago we took it out and got the A/F at 11.1-11.3 during WOT running 12.5lbs. I had the 17's on the car at the time, it would get stupid in 1st from any roll and haze the tires in 2nd/3rd. Well last weekend I put the 15's on it and plugged in the 2-step. I took it wide band would read in the 13 range during a first gear pull and in the 14 range during a second gear pull. I end up unplugging it and the A/F goes right back to low 11's.

My friend has the same 2-step on his 408/n2o car and he also had problems with it and the timing retard function.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I cant help with your issue but I will say that I purchased a brand new lnc-002 from lingenfelter and immediately after I installed it I had a horrible misfire. Took it off, got an msd and never have had an issue. Seems like out of all the different ls 2 steps the lingenfelter is the one that has most of the problems.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What else is new?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
12 Second Club

I've had it for almost 3 years now, maybe time to ditch it or see if they will fix it.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Search Koolrayz post about the LPE 2 step... lol!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ive had mine for 2 years

three differnt track days the 2-step wouldnt turn off after i launched...
Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

That's typical, get one thing lined out and another takes a ****.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Are you saying that you're going LEAN with the 2 step installed? I had an issue with the car shutting off at WOT with the 2 step installed. I had contacted them and got it swapped out for a new one and stopped having issues.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Are you saying that you're going LEAN with the 2 step installed? I had an issue with the car shutting off at WOT with the 2 step installed. I had contacted them and got it swapped out for a new one and stopped having issues.
A misfire will show up as lean.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by slow67
A misfire will show up as lean.
Agreed, but a weak spark will show up as rich.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

The wide band was showing lean but it never pinged or even lean popped. The fuel was there, the spark wasn't. I felt like I was dragging an anchor. Even while cruising I could feel it stumble.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Launching!

I wish I heard better things about the lnc-002, I curently have the msd on my car with n20(it works flawlessly) I was hoping to use the timing retard function when I turbo my car.

Does anyone have videos of the lnc-002 2 step helping spool the turbo with the timing retard working properly?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:04 AM
9 Second Club

I haven't had a lingenfelter 2-step but i had an msd one that had a bad misfire whenever it was plugged in, unplug it and went right back to normal. LS 2-steps just seem to be hit an miss.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My MSD worked PERFECT everytime. That is after getting a diode.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ren987
I wish I heard better things about the lnc-002, I curently have the msd on my car with n20(it works flawlessly) I was hoping to use the timing retard function when I turbo my car.

Does anyone have videos of the lnc-002 2 step helping spool the turbo with the timing retard working properly?
It worked great when I had the old motor/turbo setup in it and the 6 speed. But then it sat for over a year not being used.

Here is an old video, this was it set at around 4000 rpm pulling 5-6 degrees make around 5-6psi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/comeaux4...28/B_DN6lU0c8c
Old 11-16-2011, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sluggish

I just put my car back together and have a rough tune on it. I left the 2-step unplugged from the coil packs. A few weeks ago we took it out and got the A/F at 11.1-11.3 during WOT running 12.5lbs. I had the 17's on the car at the time, it would get stupid in 1st from any roll and haze the tires in 2nd/3rd. Well last weekend I put the 15's on it and plugged in the 2-step. I took it wide band would read in the 13 range during a first gear pull and in the 14 range during a second gear pull. I end up unplugging it and the A/F goes right back to low 11's.

My friend has the same 2-step on his 408/n2o car and he also had problems with it and the timing retard function.

Sluggish,
Was there anything that you changed when putting the car back together? Some plugs, plug wires, solenoids, or extra wiring of any sort could potentially cause interference causing a misfire. Please let me know if there was anything that has been changed. If you want, call me at the shop and we can go over it. 260-724-2552 ext 1004.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 11-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Good customer support!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LNC-002 issue

When you are having this problem, what is connected to the timing retard activation wire? If you have anything connected to that wire, can you try disconnecting it and running it again? It almost sounds like it is taking out timing (timing retard activated) when it should be?

Any chance you could connect a voltmeter to the analog out wire and see if the LNC thinks it is taking out timing while you are running down the track? Maybe have someone watch the voltmeter while you drive or put a video camera on it if you can't get someone else to watch the meter?

It sounds like this is a recent problem - as in everything was fine on the vehicle when you had the LNC-002 installed before but now it you are having this AFR problem? Is that correct?

Old 11-16-2011, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan@Lingenfelter
Sluggish,
Was there anything that you changed when putting the car back together? Some plugs, plug wires, solenoids, or extra wiring of any sort could potentially cause interference causing a misfire. Please let me know if there was anything that has been changed. If you want, call me at the shop and we can go over it. 260-724-2552 ext 1004.

Thanks,
Ryan
The old setup used truck manifolds so the coils where in the stock location and I had MSD wire. The new setup is turbo headers so I had to move the coils to the very back of valve covers and made custom Taylor wires. I did some digging and read the wires could affect it. I'm going to change the plugs and try to reroute the 2-step wires so they don't run across any of the plug wires.

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
When you are having this problem, what is connected to the timing retard activation wire? If you have anything connected to that wire, can you try disconnecting it and running it again? It almost sounds like it is taking out timing (timing retard activated) when it should be?

Any chance you could connect a voltmeter to the analog out wire and see if the LNC thinks it is taking out timing while you are running down the track? Maybe have someone watch the voltmeter while you drive or put a video camera on it if you can't get someone else to watch the meter?

It sounds like this is a recent problem - as in everything was fine on the vehicle when you had the LNC-002 installed before but now it you are having this AFR problem? Is that correct?
I swapped the auto in it last year in the spring and it worked then. Since then I keep the timing retard set at "0" and wired to the same button that the trans brake is, so they only work together. I don't think I even hooked the timing retard when I did the swap but it's possible, I will check. I can hook the analog wire to HPtuners this weekend to see if it's pulling any timing.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM
FormerVendor

The old setup used truck manifolds so the coils where in the stock location and I had MSD wire. The new setup is turbo headers so I had to move the coils to the very back of valve covers and made custom Taylor wires. I did some digging and read the wires could affect it. I'm going to change the plugs and try to reroute the 2-step wires so they don't run across any of the plug wires.

I swapped the auto in it last year in the spring and it worked then. Since then I keep the timing retard set at "0" and wired to the same button that the trans brake is, so they only work together. I don't think I even hooked the timing retard when I did the swap but it's possible, I will check. I can hook the analog wire to HPtuners this weekend to see if it's pulling any timing.

Thanks for the replies!
There have been some cases that Taylor made plug wires have caused an interference causing a misfire as well. Changing the plug wires back to stock has eliminated the misfire in the past. Since you have re-located your coils this would be a difficult option, but you may look into a different brand of plug wire (MSD, Magnecor, etc). Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter LNC-002 issues.