Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who has a stock rear axle w/ a Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I've sold over a million dollars worth of Moser rears, most of these rears were sold after the 10 bolt turned into a pile of scrap. I've seen them break under stock horsepower, and you just don't know how long they will last. From what I have seen I wouldn't put any money into the 10 bolt, as it doesn't seem to help to try to built it up. The main problem with it is that it is puny, with a tiny ring and pinion. I'd run the 10 bolt as is until it breaks, or sell it while it is worth something and get a better rear. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
I think the Alchemist has a 10 bolt rear end with his 6 speed procharged trans am.

I most certainly do. It has 3.73s in it, and with 19" tires, it's definitely traction limited. I put a rear TA cover on it with studs just to make sure I don't have issues on the street.

I'm sure if I put a tire under the car, and launched it hard, it wouldn't last, but that's not in the cards for now.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in the same boat as Alch, stock 10-bolt with stud girdle, 3:73's, crush sleeve eliminator(solid pinion spacer).

The lil SOB screams like hell around 60mph. I'm sure things are bent a bit.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I most certainly do. It has 3.73s in it, and with 19" tires, it's definitely traction limited. I put a rear TA cover on it with studs just to make sure I don't have issues on the street.

I'm sure if I put a tire under the car, and launched it hard, it wouldn't last, but that's not in the cards for now.
I knew you had one, or was pretty sure of it. I have always really liked your car, especially it being a WS6 and the wheels really set it off. You know M/T makes a DR in a 19" tire and a 20" even now...just a thought.

Did you get the AFR out of the 10's and into the low 11's and back the boost down yet?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:36 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
I knew you had one, or was pretty sure of it. I have always really liked your car, especially it being a WS6 and the wheels really set it off. You know M/T makes a DR in a 19" tire and a 20" even now...just a thought.

Did you get the AFR out of the 10's and into the low 11's and back the boost down yet?
I pulled some fueling out of it, only a little bit, but need to do some testing and data logging to be certain. With the cold weather now, I'm not about to try and push any kind of power since these tires won't hold worth a damn and I don't want to do anything I'm going to regret.

As for backing down the boost, I have not. I'm still running the 4.00" pulley for now.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I pulled some fueling out of it, only a little bit, but need to do some testing and data logging to be certain. With the cold weather now, I'm not about to try and push any kind of power since these tires won't hold worth a damn and I don't want to do anything I'm going to regret.

As for backing down the boost, I have not. I'm still running the 4.00" pulley for now.
Good deal.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the stock axel but i did put a eaton posi unit w / 410. so far so good.

Quick Reply: Who has a stock rear axle w/ a Procharger?