Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 08:13 AM
TCD
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red281gt
for the record the ones i got say USA on the box they came in lol
EMUSA is:

Company Name: E-Motor Industries International Shanghai Co., Ltd.
Company Address: Room501, Jintao Building, 1900# Shangcheng Road, Pudong, Shanghai, China
City/Province: Shanghai/Shanghai
Country/Region: China
Telephone Number: 86-21-58609665 Local Time
Fax Number: 86-21-58609826
Contact Person: Mr. Sean Chen
Showroom: http://emotor.en.made-in-china.com
Old 12-31-2011, 11:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TCD
It's great that you have checked the quality of the part to justify the purchase but the you are remiss in ignoring the bigger picture.

Tial and thousands of other American companies produce new products and patent their designs with the US Gov't. Patents are protected to make the research and development viable.

Supporting Chinese government sponsored companies that ignore our patent laws and merely copy designs is ethically irresponsible and only goes to damage our hot rod industry.

At some point all we will have is Chinese companies producing parts based on old designs because they are incapable of engineering their own.

What does Warren Buffet say about that?
Alright I'm not going into a political debate here this could be endless. But what I will say is that it still supports our GDP to an extent because the American companies that outsource these to china are still making money on them (everything is made in china nowadays), and selling them like hotcakes.

And If it was damaging to the hotrod industry, then i don't think HOTROD magazine itself, would be promoting these chinese turbo products in specific, In their recently published budget builds. Like the now famous 1200 hp 4.8 stock shortblock engine/ebay chinese turbo kit build that had only a couple thousand dollars invested in it. After all that's what Hotrodding is all about, going fast for cheap and having fun no matter what your income is, you shouldn't have to be a part of the economic higher class to indulge in Hotrodding, and that's where were headed at the prices of "hotrod" parts nowadays. At the shop I work at its becoming more prevalent to see a 100,000 dollar engine go out the door. That's awesome that there are people out there that can afford to do so, it helps our business and my paycheck, while making work enjoyable to get to work on sweet projects like that, but I sure as hell don't have that kind of budget lol. I know this isn't 1932 anymore and the industry is going to be forever changing with the economy, but hotrodding started out as people who barely had any money, and no access to aftermarket parts, making their cars faster not with money, but with labor and ingenuity. If I really wanted to I would go order an sts turbo kit for my cts-v for 7 or 8 thousand dollars, pay a couple more thousand to have someone install it and be done with it. But whats the fun in that? I'm going to have right around 1,800 dollars in my turbo kit including the tc78 turbo, hotside, coldside, oiling system and injectors, and Ill be able to say I built it all myself. I for one, will never be a fan of checkbook engineering. Dare I say, that cheap ebay parts just might be helping our hotrodding hobby rather than hurting it?
Old 12-31-2011, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Once again were getting and...

Originally Posted by ssinister550
ONCE again, I'm not looking for OPINIONS people, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A FACTUAL STORY BASED UPON FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH A 38mm EMUSA WASTEGATE, THEN DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME REPLYING TO THIS THREAD haha or do and prove your ignorance whatever you'd like to do lol
Old 12-31-2011, 11:35 AM
TCD
Staging Lane

Dare I say, that cheap ebay parts just might be helping our hotrodding hobby rather than hurting it?
Let me know the next time the Chinese produce a genuine and original hot rodding part. Like you stated, it's American's who invented the genre and now it's some Americans who sell out to cheap Chinese knock offs that hurt the industry.

Where is the loyalty to companies developing products for our passion?
Old 12-31-2011, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

We could sit here for days and debate economic issues. I if i wanted to do that i would start a thread titled "economic issue debate".

Once again were getting and...

ONCE again, I'm not looking for OPINIONS people, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A FACTUAL STORY BASED UPON FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH A 38mm EMUSA WASTEGATE, THEN DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME REPLYING TO THIS THREAD haha or do and prove your ignorance whatever you'd like to do lol
Old 12-31-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know these wastegates can be risky, but that's only for those of you that aren't competent enough to eliminate the cause of risk before use.

There's no magic to it people, if the guide is not too tight the valve will not seize.

Just because I can afford a 250 dollar wastegate, doesn't mean I should buy it.
Im not trying to crap on your thread here, just trying to help...

Since you have no idea what alloy of metal is used in the valve, you have no idea what its expansion properties are. you said that the stem clearance is about double the recommended value - Thats probably because the cheap metal in it expands A LOT. Also all of that extra clearance can cause valve to seat misalignment, especially if the seat is also expanding and contracting (which i guarantee it will)

luckily you know a lot more than the average joe on Ls1tech and you have the ability to properly inspect yours, and yes, maybe your waste gate will work fine for 20 years, but the repeatability in the casting & machining processes in china are very poor. then next WG out of the box might be too tight, the next too loose, the next a different metal, etc...

part of my job is inspecting warranty items for 20 of the largest names in high performance parts manufacturers. i see chinese knockoff products all day long, and i see how they fail. Im just trying to save 1 guy on here from hurting his engine...

and for the guy who said "a waste gate is a waste gate".... you might be speaking vaguely, but how does someone new to FI know that? How do they know how to check the parts for manufacturing errors if they don't really understand how a WG operates? please don't be facetious when stating "facts"
Old 12-31-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just following through with my promise of taking pics of my wastegate and BOV disassembled, here you go: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-50mm-bov.html
Old 12-31-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TCD
EMUSA is:

Company Name: E-Motor Industries International Shanghai Co., Ltd.
Company Address: Room501, Jintao Building, 1900# Shangcheng Road, Pudong, Shanghai, China
City/Province: Shanghai/Shanghai
Country/Region: China
Telephone Number: 86-21-58609665 Local Time
Fax Number: 86-21-58609826
Contact Person: Mr. Sean Chen
Showroom: http://emotor.en.made-in-china.com

was a joke bro .... ill post a pic cause its EIIIUSA

so they put USA in bold ... -_-

Quick Reply: anyone used an EMUSA wastegate?