Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

933 RWHP YSi 2011 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the cog belt living with a 6 speed car? Any belt issues when chopping the throttle etc?
Old 02-04-2012, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

How does the PAS pump and accessory drive etc on the new Camaro compare to the old car ?

Does it all sit closer to the engine block like the Vette etc ?

I have a simple Aussie based Vortech bracket for my YSi, but a dual bracket system like that would be more rigid for sure.
Ive an 85/30 on mine for now, but a stronger bracket system would be nice. But my accessory drive is spaced as per older cars, and using a 01-04 Holden PAS pump, maybe same as the early US GTO's

Any frontal photos of the engine with the blower fitted ?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeRMCR
I was mistaken. This one the customer choose not to do anything with the trans yet. I have several other cars where we have done upgraded output shafts and the upgraded rear bearing.

This trans is actually very strong. I have not broke one yet at these power levels.

Does that mean you haven't broke a stock tranny yet or you have never broken an upgraded tranny yet?

How much does it typically cost for the upgrade?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
How does the PAS pump and accessory drive etc on the new Camaro compare to the old car ?

I have a simple Aussie based Vortech bracket for my YSi, but a dual bracket system like that would be more rigid for sure.
Ive an 85/30 on mine for now, but a stronger bracket system would be nice. But my accessory drive is spaced as per older cars, and using a 01-04 Holden PAS pump, maybe same as the early US GTO's

I watched that youtube link on your mod list and loved it. A ford granada in the 9's, I wish I saw more of that in this country. Your mates Firebird is impressive, I hope he hasn't sold it. Tell him to keep it if he still has it.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by stevieturbo

I will shoot some pics and take some measurements for you.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by No Hope
[/B]

Does that mean you haven't broke a stock tranny yet or you have never broken an upgraded tranny yet?

How much does it typically cost for the upgrade?
Yes, we have not broken a stock trans in one of these yet. But, none of the guys have really railed on them at the track yet with this power levels.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
How is the cog belt living with a 6 speed car? Any belt issues when chopping the throttle etc?
I have not had an issue running this cog setup and even ours with 6 speeds. I just finished one with our setup for the F Bodys for a road coarse car. No issues.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

I ran quite a few 10 flat on a totally standard Camaro T56 on my car and it never gave me any trouble.

I upgraded to a cryo'd and Viper mainshaft T56, only because I could. Again, it's been 100%. I keep the old box as a spare.

I wouldnt be terribly abusive towards the box though.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Teching In

God that powerband must feel ridiculous! Such a beautiful, linear graph!

Quick Reply: 933 RWHP YSi 2011 Camaro SS