Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just started it and the boys are there already,lol. sounds good
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Law dogs pop a cap in ya? POPO pulls up and video cuts out... somebody go check on this dude..LOL.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks good man

You all are friggin rediculous! If its got stock crank, rods, and pistons.. its a stock bottome end. I mean who cares about the rest... the ring lands are the weak link anyways.

I can believe you guys are all pissy about what is or isn't stock in the engine, yet YOU CHANGED THE ENTIRE CAR THE ENGINE CAME FROM. Lol. its the stock bottom end record... not stock-bottom-end-that-gm-assembled record.

Good luck buddy... rod bolts, rings, and whatever.. regardless.. skinnies went friggin quick... and it will be tricky to run him down weather you change those things or not
Old 12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, How are some of you sure that some of these "stock shortblocks" were never worked on at the dealership? I know some of these truck engines with VVT and dod have been notorious for cams and lifters, and several have had oil useage complaints, so whose to say they havent been disassembled to have rings and pistons put in it for oil burning? I know of this because we have done several of these at our dealership, so if thats has happened, then alot of the stock shortblocks may not actually be stock anymore, correct?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast89stang
So, How are some of you sure that some of these "stock shortblocks" were never worked on at the dealership? I know some of these truck engines with VVT and dod have been notorious for cams and lifters, and several have had oil useage complaints, so whose to say they havent been disassembled to have rings and pistons put in it for oil burning? I know of this because we have done several of these at our dealership, so if thats has happened, then alot of the stock shortblocks may not actually be stock anymore, correct?
Really we all just want the short block. I know a couple people got good deals on jy motors because there was a clasped lifter. It's no big deal to us we just put ls7 lifters, c5r chain,arp head studs, and ls9 gaskets on it. And of coarse check the bearings before slapping em together. If they had new positions and bearings put in it then is seems like a score to me.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete91
Really we all just want the short block. I know a couple people got good deals on jy motors because there was a clasped lifter. It's no big deal to us we just put ls7 lifters, c5r chain,arp head studs, and ls9 gaskets on it. And of coarse check the bearings before slapping em together. If they had new positions and bearings put in it then is seems like a score to me.
Yes, I understand, but is it still just a stock shortblock? i mean its been into by a trained GM tech, but its still not really as assembled by GM.... I am just saying some peoples stock is different than others. Just like the term street car....its a pretty loose term. I got my LY6 with less than 70k on it for 400, but you think i will put it in without new bearings and rings? Nope, its out and I plan to beat on it, so i am gonna make sure its fresh.

Quick Reply: Stock Long/Short block record contender