Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What heads are you running on your procharged setup? 12+ psi

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the truck inlet hat, large filter, 3" ic piping, p/p tb,BBK intake. Ur should flow a little better than mine which means you'd have less resistance which would mean you'd make less boost....correct?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:30 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by allout06
I have the truck inlet hat, large filter, 3" ic piping, p/p tb,BBK intake. Ur should flow a little better than mine which means you'd have less resistance which would mean you'd make less boost....correct?
You're right. I don't know what to say. I wish I had gotten the car on a dyno to see if the horsepower numbers were in line with how much boost I was making. Once I get the motor back together and in the car, I will get it on a set of rollers. I don't plan on changing my setup as I was very happy with the drivability and the power it was making, so it should be an accurate reflection of where I was at.

How are you calculating how much boost you were making? I'm simply going off of my map sensor readings and taking that value, minus 100kpa, multiplying by 14.7 and dividing by 100kpa. It's not an exact measurement, but it's close enough.

So the most boost I saw was a 3rd gear blast where I hit 200.2kpa at 6890rpm. So that's essentially 14.9 psi of boost give or take a tenth or two.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Mike Norris told me what it was making when it was on the dyno through the 2-bar map. And i have a boosted gauge. My boost gauge reads about 1-1.5 pst higher than what the may sensor was seeing. I was hitting about 5.5 and it peaked around 5.8ish right at redline according to my tuner.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by allout06
Well u are running a 370 with a set of heads and probably free flowing exhaust. So 12psi is pretty decent. I think its nuts that the alchemist was hitting 14psi with heads and only a 4.00 pulley i have stock heads and a 4.38" pulley and make 5.5 or so. I just can't see .38" difference make 9 more pst of boost....
I prolly could use a set of bigger primary headers. Im running Pace setter 1 3/4 right now. Hell I gained almost 70rwhp by opening the cutrout.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
What's your intake tract look like from the filter to the manifold?

I've got a monster of a filter on the truck intake hat, then 3" piping to a front mount intercooler, then 3" piping to a 90mm throttle body into the FAST 90mm manifold.
I have a Stock LS6 intake and TB. I have the EPP FMIC kit with the stock intake hat and BIG filter.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
You're right. I don't know what to say. I wish I had gotten the car on a dyno to see if the horsepower numbers were in line with how much boost I was making. Once I get the motor back together and in the car, I will get it on a set of rollers. I don't plan on changing my setup as I was very happy with the drivability and the power it was making, so it should be an accurate reflection of where I was at.

How are you calculating how much boost you were making? I'm simply going off of my map sensor readings and taking that value, minus 100kpa, multiplying by 14.7 and dividing by 100kpa. It's not an exact measurement, but it's close enough.

So the most boost I saw was a 3rd gear blast where I hit 200.2kpa at 6890rpm. So that's essentially 14.9 psi of boost give or take a tenth or two.
****, my car wasnt even carrying the power past 6k, much less what you hit at 6890 lol. Im kind of confused by that also.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
I prolly could use a set of bigger primary headers. Im running Pace setter 1 3/4 right now. Hell I gained almost 70rwhp by opening the cutrout.

I have a Stock LS6 intake and TB. I have the EPP FMIC kit with the stock intake hat and BIG filter.

****, my car wasnt even carrying the power past 6k, much less what you hit at 6890 lol. Im kind of confused by that also.
All I can say is either my map sensor was incorrect, or I have a major restriction somewhere in my setup, or your sensor is incorrect, or you are losing boost somewhere. I agree with you, it doesn't make sense. I think my setup is pretty good from the heads to the tailpipe, but I could be wrong. I have the PI(MAST) heads, a 227/235 (609/620) 113lsa cam, QTP 1 3/4 headers to an offroad ypipe, back through a magnaflow catback. I had a SLP Powerflo on the car as well, and I didn't notice any difference in boost levels, so who knows.

Quick Reply: What heads are you running on your procharged setup? 12+ psi