Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aeromotive 13301 ok for my 5.3 twin turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromotive 13301 ok for my 5.3 twin turbo??

Hey guys like title says I have a brand new Aeromotive 13301 bypass regulator. Just wanting to make sure this is going to work. Some more info I have a stock 5.3 with ls6 cam and springs added a ls1 intake and going to run 65# inj with the E-bay 57mm twin turbo set-up. thanks guys
Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Teching In

?????????
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thats a good regulator for what you are doing but if I had to build my fuel system. I would use a regulator that would come off both rails and feed both rails from my pump so I wouldn't have the regular crossover style.

Don't get me wrong, If I had the crossover style then thats what I would just use but to build it from scratch it would be different.

The 13113 is the one I would use on the setup i described.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Thats a good regulator for what you are doing but if I had to build my fuel system. I would use a regulator that would come off both rails and feed both rails from my pump so I wouldn't have the regular crossover style.

Don't get me wrong, If I had the crossover style then thats what I would just use but to build it from scratch it would be different.

The 13113 is the one I would use on the setup i described.
I see what your getting at but the key is run the line from your pump to your rails then install the regulator after it. That is what most fuel system companies recommend.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kansasbuick
Hey guys like title says I have a brand new Aeromotive 13301 bypass regulator. Just wanting to make sure this is going to work. Some more info I have a stock 5.3 with ls6 cam and springs added a ls1 intake and going to run 65# inj with the E-bay 57mm twin turbo set-up. thanks guys
I have used this regulator multiple times with no problems. This should be a great choice for what you are doing. But like I said in my earlier post. This all depends on what your whole fuel system is going to entail.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I use that regulator on my magnacharged LS1 and it works great. I run a manifold source to it for boost ref. also.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Cool, I really don't know what I'm doing. I bought this and a aeromotive A1000 fuel pump a 100 micron filter and a fuel pump controller. any suggestions or pic on how to hook all this up would be great. I was looking at the regulator last knight I do not have any instructions so what one is the In or out or return ports? like I said any help would be great this is my first time doing a fuel system of this caliber.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kansasbuick
Cool, I really don't know what I'm doing. I bought this and a aeromotive A1000 fuel pump a 100 micron filter and a fuel pump controller. any suggestions or pic on how to hook all this up would be great. I was looking at the regulator last knight I do not have any instructions so what one is the In or out or return ports? like I said any help would be great this is my first time doing a fuel system of this caliber.
Well this is how I would do it. Sumped fuel tank, Pre filter, Pump, Post filter, Fuel rails, Regulator side. The bottom port on the regulator is the return back to the tank.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are a couple of pics. Like was mentioned attache after the fuel rails. The only thing I didn't see was I ran a "Y" fitting just before the rails up by the firewall.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TPIIROC
I see what your getting at but the key is run the line from your pump to your rails then install the regulator after it. That is what most fuel system companies recommend.
Read my post again. Feed the rails and and combine the rails at the end with the regulator so it can do its bypass. Here is a pic of what I'm describing.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

It certainly is not essential to do it like that.

The regulator can be installed anywhere between the pumps and the end of the fuel rails. Pressure within the line will still be controlled and maintained.

Doing a full flow setup through the rails may have some benefits over a setup that sees a dead end fuel rail.
But the dead end fuel rail with the regulator before also has it's benefits ( cooler fuel maintained )

Both are valid install options though.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Read my post again. Feed the rails and and combine the rails at the end with the regulator so it can do its bypass. Here is a pic of what I'm describing.

I see. I thought you wanted him to get the multi port one so he would put it before the rail. My mistake.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club

You can use the regulator in the photo above anywhere in the system as I already explained.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Ok so do I need to run to both fuel rails at the back or do I run to one and plug the other side? In the pic it shows running in both fuel rails at the rear and regulator in front has lines going to both also. This doesn't create like a back flow or flow from both directions? Like I said before this is my first ever fuel system I'm planning on sump-ping the tank. Do I run into the 100 micron right out of the tank then to pump then another filter on the other side of pump then up to both fuel rails on the back side? If so what size post filter do I need another 100 or like a 10 micron? Sorry for all the questions I'm just totally new to fuel inj and fuel systems of this caliber. Thanks again guys for all the help. Josh

Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
9 Second Club

How you plumb them is entirely up to you.

Yes splitting and feeding to each rail is better, but not essential. You could flow up one and into the other if you wanted.

100 micron pre pump is quite normal. And a smaller say 40 or 10 micron after.

That said, Ive been running for years with just a 100 mic Aeromotive before my pumps with no problems.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

^^^What he said. You don't have to run the pic I posted. With your power level I would just run a regular style set-up with the regulator on the end returning to the tank.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Teching In

thanks guys you are a big help like I have said this is all new to me and a big learning experience.

Quick Reply: Aeromotive 13301 ok for my 5.3 twin turbo??