Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F1A-390ci-E85

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the f1-a will. the F1-C and up will require a radiator modification and more than likely a special inlet hat. the x is a bit bigger than most f1 blowers. will it bolt right up though....im told yes. will the 8 rib setup hold an x....me thinks not. im trying to get chris aster to build a 12 rib setup for it like the 5 gen cars have.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12 rib would be sweat deal I'd be in for one of those.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

I'm also in for the 12 rib aster bracket!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:25 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Does ATI make a 12-rib pulley for their hub?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:23 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks awesome!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When you have to worry about if they even make a hub, its time to go Turbo!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how about you get this thing running now? lol
Old 08-25-2013, 04:20 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by DEFYANT
When you have to worry about if they even make a hub, its time to go Turbo!

Yeah, because turbo setups are so easy and trouble free, so much so that noone ever has problems with them and there's never threads with people having issues with their turbo setups.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

It is just cheaper to do a turbo is why there are so many
Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

I look at it like this....right now.....the fastest x275 cars in the country both 1/8 mile and 1/4 last I checked are procharged cars.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Last I checked BBNOS cars are. Records are held by F1X cars I will admit, but that is with the old rules.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Yeah, because turbo setups are so easy and trouble free, so much so that noone ever has problems with them and there's never threads with people having issues with their turbo setups.
I never once said that Turbos are perfect, and they aren't by any means I agree. My comment was said in a joking manner, no need to get sassy.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by DEFYANT
I never once said that Turbos are perfect, and they aren't by any means I agree. My comment was said in a joking manner, no need to get sassy.
Wow.... I've been called a lot of things, but never sassy. I just responded with a little bit of sarcasm to your sarcastic comment... ever wonder why there are 4 'turbo' help threads to every one procharged theads? I'm not making a statement of which one is better, just that it is far easier to setup and run a blower than a turbo.

It was a joke. I was just throwing out a little bit of sarcasm... relax.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Those records change all the time, but as it stands, blower cars are still holding their own, and the hassle/gains vs the simple bolt on reliability does not warrant me to change my choice at this time. Surely everyone realizes that even used the blowers for some crazy reason are still higher than most new turbos. I say that just to let someone know that any of us could go turbo at any time. Blower is becoming the rarer setup of the two in my book and I tend to take the road less traveled. The subject has been beat to death, and each form of boost has its place. I could have easily done a T6 kit with the trade that was offered for my kit from a major sponsor on this forum. KP's car is the whole reason I did this build. He went 8's and that is good enough for me considering how easy it is to put together.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/8-second-ls1-procharger-11102007_710762.htm
after watching something like this i figure why even go through the trouble of putting something as involved as an s480 in when i already have the potential to do this. It does not matter to me how i get there as long as I can get there and stay there.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

OK!

the transmission is in!

the driveshaft is back in!

getting packed up to go to LS fest, so i wont be able to fire it up this weekend, but next week i see no reason why i wont be putting some E85 in it and firing it up.

were just doing a few finishing touches like radiator hoses and finding out the best place for the regulator.

the converter refuses to go into the ******* trans. it goes in pretty far then stops and is hard to turn, i keep waiting for the second click, but it never happens. i put a 60e in a 2000 the other day and it went in so easy it was ridiculous. i have talked with Jake and Chris and they say the 80e converters do not change from the old style 80 to the new. so i guess im going to go mess with it some more.

I plan on having a fireup video next week.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Where in bama are you? I'm ready to see what this thing does.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Try standing the trans up vertical on the tail shaft and see if the converter will slide in easier... Can't wait to see this thing going!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Where in bama are you? I'm ready to see what this thing does.
I am on the outskirts of Birmingham. About 10 minutes away from southside and about 6 miles from the local drag strip.

Originally Posted by lsx1
Try standing the trans up vertical on the tail shaft and see if the converter will slide in easier... Can't wait to see this thing going!
I called Chris. He said since they use brand new parts they are sometimes very tight fitting. We busted out a grinder and smoothed some things and put on some grease, line the dogs up and twisted and pushed for 45 minutes. We ended up lining it up as near to perfect as we could and put a piece of wood on the nose of the front plate, and gave it a couple of light smacks with the hammer and it popped right in, and spun like it was a bicycle wheel. Its mounted to the crossmember, and all we need now is the starter to be put on. I just got my flex hoses on the radiator, and were mocking up the new texas speed exhaust and cutout. Sux having to take this thing up and down but at least we have a lift and a jack. I did a 60e on the ground the other night and it was definitely a pain.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hurry up dude. lol

my **** is on jack stands... fun fun. i wish i had a lift.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Man, have I been busy with work and this car. Where to start........Right now I am just trying to get my starter to turn by using the key. Spent some time chasing down grounds, and finding out where connectors routed and went since they were never labeled when the previous shop took them off (as well as the bolts). I spent 3 days looking for 2 torque arm flange nuts which are M14 x 2.0 by the way. The Summit -6an fittings refused to go on the braided lines for the trans cooler lines without a fight, but finally after cutting and cutting the line with it wrapped in tape it finally went on. Got the headlamps working and both are raising. Tail lamps working interior lights, and tachometer. Radio/speakers are all good to go. The only thing not working is the god damned starter. Wired the starter up and it turned, but will not on if you use the key. I direct wired past the Neutral Safety switch at the dark green and purple wire but to no avail. If it would have been an M6 id be checking the clutch switch and ect....but im really at a loss as to what to do about that at the moment. I did get the fuel pumps to prime though . I plan on picking up 15 gallons of E85 tomorrow.

ok

Got Half the blower piping on.

Got half the exhaust on, but I am swapping the U bolt clamps to the band clamp style like you see on the headers for a better fit, finish. It fits really well. Waiting to take my new Dual QTP low profile cutouts to be tig welded on here soon after this thing fires up.

Those god forsaken nuts, that almost drove me nuts.

driveshaft, Forged Yolk, 80e U joint, and new DS straps are on

80e is in. BMR crossmember fit like a glove, although I think they could make it lighter with little effort. Thought We'd come up with a new idea on mounting the shifter cable linkage , but apparently everyone puts it there that does the 80 swap. It's just about the only place i think you could get it. had to oval the holes a little but it works great.

Trans cooler location is behind the intercooler and in front of the radiator, and the air splitter should divert even more air flow than the fan will provide.

working on swapping all the band clamps over to T bolts. also going to have to modify the lower portion of the rad support to clear the inlet hat. not much though. just a notch.

had to bevel the edges of the converter to pass the dog ears. Circle D apparently uses all new machined parts that dont fit initially. A little smack on the *** and it popped right in. Got the SFI flexplate on and , there you go.

You know when I start pouring oil in this MF that shiz about to get seruss. You can also see the flexible ribbed black hoses I am using for the double pass radiator. They are 1.25 and 1.5 inch hoses both about 18 inches.

you can see the Y block here being used to split the feed to the back of the rails. Even distribution. Got talked into it.

as it sits now. waiting for me to find out how to get the starter to work.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 09-20-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quick Reply: F1A-390ci-E85