Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger installed at one place.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Supercharger installed at one place.....

Will I make it to the other place for a tune? Was told buy one of the shops I talked to. That I would be fine? Also $3500 sound about right for installation for a V1 T-trim with FMIC. Or is that the nice way of them saying they don't want to do it.LMAO
Old 05-09-2012, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Couldn't you just unhook the intake pipe and let the compressor blow into nothing?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Not sure, I'm definitely a rookie at this.lol I definitely wouldn't mind doing that as an option. Just not sure what to do about the exposure end of the option.lol
Old 05-09-2012, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Stay out of wide open throttle and your engine will never see boost. All the supercharged air will go out the bypass valve.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would take it to a shop that can install it and tune it. If you dont want to see if the tuner will flash your computer with a base tune at least to get you there.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:27 AM
TECH Resident

is that the price just to install or to buy it and install?

and dont run the charge pipe off the supercharger and it will run like it was as long as you have the maf hooked up still. or like stated above dont get into the rpm and it willnt see boost
Old 05-10-2012, 06:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

As long as you keep the stock fuel injectors in there until you get to the shop that is going to do the tuning, you can drive it across country to get it there as long as you keep your foot out of the throttle. As conan mentioned, the air is sent out the bypass valve at part throttle driving. Once you get to the place that is going to do the tuning, then you or they can swap out the injectors and put a base tune in it to get it on the dyno. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

If your in northern Illinois you could try straightline or speed inc.,they could install and tune it there. I installed my t-trim myself and it was,nt too bad, just a liitle tedious
Old 05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by conan
Stay out of wide open throttle and your engine will never see boost. All the supercharged air will go out the bypass valve.
Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I would take it to a shop that can install it and tune it. If you dont want to see if the tuner will flash your computer with a base tune at least to get you there.
That was a dilemma at first.lol Didn't and probably still the case hence my sarcasm about the price. Don't know if this is really that bad of an install that they rather not.lol

Originally Posted by tt383lt1
is that the price just to install or to buy it and install?

and dont run the charge pipe off the supercharger and it will run like it was as long as you have the maf hooked up still. or like stated above dont get into the rpm and it willnt see boost
That is the price including a race intercooler. For which I feel in my boost infancy stage would be overkill.lol IMHO

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
As long as you keep the stock fuel injectors in there until you get to the shop that is going to do the tuning, you can drive it across country to get it there as long as you keep your foot out of the throttle. As conan mentioned, the air is sent out the bypass valve at part throttle driving. Once you get to the place that is going to do the tuning, then you or they can swap out the injectors and put a base tune in it to get it on the dyno. Bob
Thanks a bunch Bob. In all seriousness, I was going to have them throw in the 60pph injectors.lmao

Originally Posted by phatasp
If your in northern Illinois you could try straightline or speed inc.,they could install and tune it there. I installed my t-trim myself and it was,nt too bad, just a liitle tedious
Yeah I don't get it. I get the feeling some of these other shops don't wanna deal with it.lol Dayum bro, I am from the Northern parts of Illinois.lol Yup I've driven quite a ways to get some nibbles, even........AMS.

Quick Reply: Supercharger installed at one place.....