Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Is a meth/water injection kit worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAndy
My question is: at what point is meth worth it? At what level with FI does it become necessary to start thinking about e85 or a meth/water addition?
It all depends on how much power your setup can make. If you are on a stock bottom end setup then you probably won't want to push more than 8-10psi which is completely safe on 93 octane. For those that want to push far more boost such as 15-20+psi then 93 octane alone will not be sufficient. E85 or Meth injection give you that headroom to run more boost safely.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Contact Razor at Alkycontrol. He makes a KILLER progressive alcohol kit. The pump is designed to run straight methanol, which is the most efficient at killing heat. I believe his Mustang has broken into the 8's with one of his kits and I know of a Procharged Camaro putting down 575 at the wheels with a stock engine using the kit. I believe its about 600$, but its worth every penny. I run one on my Buick and I am able to push 26PSI no issue. Is it worth it? HELL YES! Without it, I would be running 15-16 PSI. BORING!

Nix

Quick Reply: Is a meth/water injection kit worth it?