Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I am tired of seeing all these damn 5.3s going so fast..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fasteddy
Black,

Why does your car have a V6 bumper cover on it? Did it start life as a V6 or did you put that on for a "sleeper" affect.

One thing you have to come to grips with just plain physics and weight of the Camaro.....4000lbs+. No matter what propulsion system you jam in there, you're gonna get smoked by the C6Z06 with a Vortech....the weight part of the power/weight ratio makes a big difference.

And parts....trans, diff of the Z06 can take the power whereas the camaro parts will just break.

That being said good luck with low Dollar/horsepower project.

I wish they had a 5.3L with 6 head bolts/cylinder.....for $500.
WHO THE **** IS GOING TO PULL UP NEXT TO ME IN A C6 Z06 with a vortech?

I aint trying to break records and go 8s..

I just want to build another 130mph setup.. But with better gas mileage, easier to cruise, and without so much crap in my engine bay..
Old 06-15-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
So a 5.3 won't move a 4k pound car and will be such a pain in the *** to drive around town? ****, somebody should tell GM that so they will stop putting 5.3's and 4.8's in 5k+ pound pickup trucks! Hell my bolt on 4.8 ext cab doesn't even feel like a dog, sure it's not that quick, but it's basically a stock pickup truck

OP, didn't you used to have 1k+ rwhp in that bullit? I guess you don't have a clue about turbo cars
yep.. this car making when making like 370rwhp went 113mph, exhaust mods and no tune..... I would think that a cammed 5.3 with ls6 heads and a decent intake manifold could make that same 370rwhp... I am not talking about throwing in a bullshit 5.3 with 200k miles... Its still an alright little motor...
Old 06-15-2012, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought you are accustomed to building Turbo kits? Why not do the same for your 5th Gen? If I'm ******* doing it and I can't even afford the engine your currently have you must be an idiot. Rather then bash everyone's suggestion why not search instead? I'm puzzled I wish I had people helping and giving me suggestions. Enough rant.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could just say **** it and throw on my billet wheel 94m? with the ls7? just seems pointless when the injectors and dual pump setup are the limiting factors.. And the fact that it rides around on 20s? so what the ****? instead of spinning and **** at 60mph, ill be doing it at 60mph? not really needed.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alexcoreas
I thought you are accustomed to building Turbo kits? Why not do the same for your 5th Gen? If I'm ******* doing it and I can't even afford the engine your currently have you must be an idiot. Rather then bash everyone's suggestion why not search instead? I'm puzzled I wish I had people helping and giving me suggestions. Enough rant.
what the **** are you talking about? This is a build thread **********, i don't need opinions or advice..

your a ******* illiterate moron..
Old 06-15-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bro you have a yoshi tattoo
Enough said. Keyboard tough Guy
Old 06-15-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gay colors too
Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
WHO THE **** IS GOING TO PULL UP NEXT TO ME IN A C6 Z06 with a vortech?
Alright...don't get testy....I'm on your side especially with the easier to cruise part.

I used to have this super built C5 with a monster cam (cuz they make power) but every time I stopped at a stop light and that motor would roll my car back and forth I always felt like it would stall.......too much anxiety.

Easy to cruise.....I like that...easy idle....but rocketman at WOT.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gay colors too
when you get the money to afford things like ls7 camaros.. you have money to waste on stupid tattoos too... LOL! but i guess you wouldn't know?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bro you have a yoshi tattoo
I thought that was Barney.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright...don't get testy....I'm on your side especially with the easier to cruise part.

I used to have this super built C5 with a monster cam (cuz they make power) but every time I stopped at a stop light and that motor would roll my car back and forth I always felt like it would stall.......too much anxiety.

Easy to cruise.....I like that...easy idle....but rocketman at WOT.
I was just asking, because everyone on the internet has a badass car, but how often do you really roll up next to one? My girl used to drive this things to hooters and back for work and ****, I take it everywhere I go, and I don't really run into much that hangs with it... I have a race car, and this is not it..
Old 06-15-2012, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought that was Barney.
blue yoshi, and its one of the more sane tattoos on my legs.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

jose told me I should just use the 94mm?

Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not too worried about money I'm in college. I can afford the 5.3 that's going in your 5th Gen though. Good luck though with your build
Old 06-15-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not too worried about money I'm in college. Good luck though with your build
oh dammit kid! you are ******* up, you should always be worried about money....
Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
Could just say **** it and throw on my billet wheel 94m? with the ls7? just seems pointless when the injectors and dual pump setup are the limiting factors.. And the fact that it rides around on 20s? so what the ****? instead of spinning and **** at 60mph, ill be doing it at 60mph? not really needed.

this makes no sense...

yes, you could put your 94 on there. leave the motor and run low boost, keep it right around 800hp.

I'm telling you, an 800hp 7.0+L is going to be faster than a 800hp 5.3L.(assuming you build it right) You will have more power under the curve.

Im not sure why you're getting upset. Just trying to help.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had 5.0L 600rwhp that went into the 10s@134mph....

You don't need a big motor to go fast with a turbo. It made peak torque at 4200rpm with 640lbs...

Unless you Have big big plans you don't want a big motor. Makes less power peak and is harder on everything from waste gates to the actual piping and turbo and motor.

This is a build thread. No opinions or suggestions needed.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just keep the motor you got, sheesh. sure the 5.3 is a sweet lil motor, but what you got there is a gem. it wont take much at all to get it to trap 130's. running out of fuel? add more fuel. boost a pump it even. i dont recommend it, but go for it.

then again you could sell the one you have and go to junk mart and buy a 12 pack of 5.3 motors.

the only reason I can argue you wanting the 5.3 is because I hear ls7's have thin cylinder walls and dont like crazy boost.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
just keep the motor you got, sheesh. sure the 5.3 is a sweet lil motor, but what you got there is a gem. it wont take much at all to get it to trap 130's. running out of fuel? add more fuel. boost a pump it even. i dont recommend it, but go for it.

then again you could sell the one you have and go to junk mart and buy a 12 pack of 5.3 motors.

the only reason I can argue you wanting the 5.3 is because I hear ls7's have thin cylinder walls and dont like crazy boost.
This is an aftermarket sleeved alum block. not a stock ls7 sleeve block...

The car already traps 133mph.. the goal is to keep it trapping in the 133mph range..

I am not selling this motor..

I am pulling it out and swapping in a mild 5.3 with a turbocharger...
Old 06-15-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here goes what the car runs now... I want to run similar times but with a mild 5.3..

started playing around with turbo position.. Going to mount it here tomorrow and swap out headers for the stock manifolds... then make up the difference in the middle..

going to go from 2 2.5 inch pipes, to a single 3inch to a t4 flange...

then 3inch cold side pipes back to the manifold.. Probably not going to use an intercooler..

we will see. Going to try and knock it out over the weekend.. Then pull it all back off and pull the ls7 out, then build then slap the 5.3 together.. then get the car running with that..

Quick Reply: I am tired of seeing all these damn 5.3s going so fast..